“Loved this Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of QT Canberra

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
QT Canberra
Ranked #16 of 58 Hotels in Canberra
Port Macquarie, Australia
“Loved this Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2012

We have just stayed at this hotel and loved it. The hotel is is a great position for Canberra sightseeing, a short walk from the town centre. Our room had lake views. The room had just been renovated and had everything we needed. A couple of finishing touches needed in the bathroom , the tap was lose and a more thorough clean needed.

The Breakfast was really nice and the staff super efficient especially the gentleman who was in charge he had his eyes on everything, food was constantly re-filled.

We dined in the resteraunt it is an Italian Steakhouse and we really enjoyed our meal.

Reception staff were really helpful they extended our stay without any fuss when our car broke down.

There is secure parking but this is limited, if the hotel was full there may be a problem getting a space.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor for a quiet room.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Indonesian first
Canberra, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

I travel to Canberra every week. Have gotten to know a few hotels in my time and can easily say that you should consider one of the other hotels which cost about $15-20 more a night and get a much better experience.
Reception were pretty much useless. No warm welcome. No explanation of hotel facilities. No discussion of my room package until I was ushered to the lift area and then I thought to ask (meant to get upgrade, but hotel full- so not available; meant to get $25voucher for use in hotel- none left, so meant to get credit on hotel bill)
n-room experience started with finding each bottle of bathroom toiletries (shampoo, shower gel) were half-full.....can only assume housekeeping didn't replace them since the last guest.
Then I found a used cotton bud covered with ear wax sitting on my bedside table right in front of the alarm clock.....again, I can only assume housekeeping didn't clean down the bedside table....
Went to find the gym in the morning. Don't bother. It's not labelled in the lift- but is on floor 5. In a room without a sign on the door (and yes, I kid you not when I say the lady at reception didn't even blink when she told me that to find the gym I'd have to search for the door with no label on level five). The gym is the size of a broom cupboard and consists of one treadmill and one bike. No water. No fan. No music. No tv. Nothing more. I went for a walk instead.
Ordered breakfast room-service. Filled out the card, placed it outside my room the night before, only to find it there in the morning.....rang kitchen....an hour later card still outside my door. No breakfast ever arrived.
Hotel looks nice, but scratch below the surface and you see the cracks in service. I'll be staying elsewhere next week and the weeks after that.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lozka
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

For a one night stopover at the Rydges Lakeside, it was more than we could have asked for. After being completely refurbished, our room and bathroom was perfect for what we needed. The value for money was amazing - $169 for the night, including full buffet breakfast and free parking. The value throughout the hotel was great as well - $15 pizzas on the room service menu and $23 wagyu beef burgers, which is great considering how expensive some hotels can be! The TV was large and worked great. The 24 hour check in was great, and the bed was so so comfortable, I never wanted to get out of it. The buffet breakfast was also really good. We left refreshed and enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: The standard queen room is really lovely and comfortable but on the smaller side - if you need more...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

If you're looking for a good, dependable, not-too-exxy hotel for a weekend in Canberra, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Rydges Lakeside (we stayed for Friday and Saturday evening in June). There's secure parking under the hotel for a nominal charge (we drove and didn't have any trouble at all - just be careful not to put your room access key near your mobile phone - if you do, the card will be wiped which will mean you won't be able to use it to get into the parking area!)

The hotel is very conveniently located and is within easy walking distance of the cafes along Bunda St (check out Dobinsons cafe - fabulous brunch and a mouth-watering selection of cakes, tartlets etc in the window). Next time we're in Canberra, we'll definitely consider staying here again. Well done Rydges.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

Got a really nice room for the weekend with a comfy bed, nice view of Canberra city and a gorgeous bathroom.

Service was fantastic, especially after my late night flight in.

Everything was clean and tip top. When I requested on the morning of my check out to have a late check out at 6pm, staff were only too obliging to accompany me for a fee - which I was happy with.

The only criticism I would have is that it's a bit too far to the closest supermarket/grocery store. I'm used to having something closer. If you like to walk, not a problem, but when it's freezing outside and all you want is a juice or something, it can get annoying. Due to location, I was a bit limited to cafes and restaurants within decent walking distance.

I was also slightly disappointed that there was no free wi-fi. A lot of other hotels I was looking at had free wi-fi and were closer to the city centre (however, I must admit, I was there solely to go to the theatre, which was five blocks away) - this will certainly be factored in to a future stay in Canberra.

Oh, it was a bonus that I had Foxtel. Nice for those quiet afternoons when you can't get out of the room due to weather.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 11th floor. The view was stunning, facing east. Don't get a room facing west...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo