“Horrendous”

Rayland Epsom Motel
Rayland Epsom Motel
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Epsom
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed for a week with my wife for a family reunion came across this when googling for some nearby accommodation. Seemed like your average motel nothing flash just some where to lay your head at night as I planned on being out most of the time anyway..

I would have literally rather slept in my car if I had to do it all over again. The photos on their website are some of the best trick photography I have seen.

In my room for example scuffs and dings in the walls the door was difficult to lock as it was that worn out. The lino was all peeling and bubbling up. The "kitchenette" has no curtain so light floods in at sun rise, no water, the cups cutlery and utensils all out in open air getting contaminated with God knows what during "house keeping".

Having to get your water from the bathroom sink is nothing new with your average value for money motel etc but the problem here is the bathroom I had here was in absolute disrepair. The walls were peeling, a hole in the wall, general scunge building up around the taps and drain. Black mold seasoning the window and ceiling, rotting swollen window frames and skirting boards. And the crown jewl the toilets cistern was half dangling off the wall.

All of this could have been overlooked if I could have got the one thing I wanted from the place. Just a place to lay my head at night. But you won't get a good night's sleep here.. The motorway runs just a building behind the motel so you hear that all night. The bed was awful so saggy it was nearly a hammock if you could some how have a lumpy hammock with springs digging into you. Tossed and turned all night and come sun rise the light poured in the flaming kitchenette window and the motorway sounds made it hard to even think about drifting off again.

Now I'm no stranger to affordable accommodation but this was without the worst place I have ever stayed if this was my last and only option I would just sleep in the car.

At least advertise what your guests are getting not the lovely clean clean rooms with mood lighting that are on the website...

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good points: reasonable price for its proximity to Newmarket centre, clean, pleasant staff. Bad points: pretty much what everyone else has written. A couple with a young child, we thought a 'studio' would suffice for the night, but it was so tiny that we could barely move (literally!) with an extra single bed obviously shoved in there when it wasn't designed for it. There was nowhere (surfaces) to put anything apart from a tiny table, no hooks for towels/flannels, the bathroom window was cracked (and had obviously been that way for a long time), the shower ran so hard that it almost took the skin off. I wouldn't go back if you paid me.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Unfortunately, as we were in Auckland for the week for work, we had to stay here.

The toilet had been hit with the “reverse mudslide”. It was fresh and perpetrated minutes before we checked in.

The beds are little more than straw-filled nests complete with bed bugs and the odd native insect.

From the looks of things, they had “reverse-vacuumed” and sprayed dust, crumbs and pubic lice from floor to ceiling.

I was close to calling the Police, as I was pretty sure the smell had violated me.

STAY AWAY!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Stayed at this dump for the Lions test. They charged $200 a night. I got bedbugs and have big itchy bites up my legs. They refuse to refund us. Shopping trolleys outside, ciggie buts and the place is generally filthy. The room, unit 9 smelt terrible too. I have photos of my bug bites if you need to see. I am putting a complaint in with the health department.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hollyful
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Nearly four weeks into the Lions tour and the nadir had been reached, the bar will never be set so low again.
Awful room and utter cheapskates with the wifi despite the arm and a leg price it costs to stay. Luxury prices, brutal value.
Do yourself a favour, avoid this place at all costs.
No point complaining to the staff either. They really don't give a fig.
Great South Road? You're having a laugh with the use of "Great". Try miserable.

Room Tip: Just don't come here!!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Epsom
3.2 km away
1.2 km away
Cornwall Park Motor Inn
0.9 km away
Quality Suites Alexander Inn

Been to Rayland Epsom Motel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK