All reviewscroissantslovely homehost wendyking roomvancouver islandbreakfast was deliciousshort drivevictoria airportbnbbookhousegardenmtberriesbcbay
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

We could see Mt. Baker from our room. Lovely garden and warm host, Wendy, made our stay special. We were in the king room for 2 nights which has an excellent view of the bay, gardens, and on a clear day Mt Baker. Sydney is close by with fresh sea food options. Just a short drive frm Victoris, but a peaceful slower pace.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed overnight in this lovely home. We felt well rested, safe and comfortable. We were greeted by the owner who treated us professionally. We were led to our bedroom which was right Across the entrance door and next to the dining area. The room/bathroom were cozy, quiet and clean.
The house is about 30 mins away from Victoria, around 10 mins from BC Ferry at Swartz Bay and is also close to the coast. The garden is well kept and has beautiful flowers and plants.
If one is interested, maps are readily available for the taking. We asked for directions to our points of interest and we were gladly given directions!
I highly recommend this BnB....

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2017

Wendy was a wondefull host and the breakfast for us was great and appreciated - the yogurt the best I have had but then again it was natural pure and local. Room was comfortable and the house welcoming. I must agree that it does need a little TLC. Price wise was great compared to other places when we were looking to book. Would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2017
Reviewed 1 August 2017

I try to be fair, but the name " By the sea " indicates the house is on the ocean. The highway behind the house is closer then the ocean and we hardly could sleep by the traffic during the night. Breakfast was very disappointing. You where not ask what you want, you just get a class of yoghurt and berries, later a croissant with scrambled egg. If you like it or not you have no choice!!! My friend drinks no coffee, he ask for a glass of milk, the host looked at him as he had ask for poison. Next morning the same procedure: no milk! All guests get the same breakfast not ask what there preference is.This host doesn't care!
She has her TRIPADVISER SIGN with 9,3 on the staircase and believes she deserves it. By our three week trip over Vancouver Island this was the most disappointing place we ever had.

Room Tip: Highway is 30 Meters behind the house
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank 838klaus
Reviewed 22 July 2017

'By the Sea BnB' was wonderful. The price was so reasonable that I did not have high expectations. But I was very pleasantly surprised. Wendy is one of the gifted few that has a knack for thinking of everything and making you feel so glad you came. The house is very impressive, the grounds are lovely and welcoming with plenty of places to sit and enjoy the garden, as we enjoyed a pitcher of refreshing cucumber and lemon water and pastries. Relaxing instrumental music played both inside and out. She had twinkle lights in her hallway. When we walked into our beautifully decorated bedroom, we were again greeted with music and she had a fan already on to keep our room cool. There was a little kitchenette with a fridge right beside our room, which was so handy as we could put our drinks and snacks in there and not have to bother anyone or walk downstairs. Breakfast was delicious and the table was so tastefully decorated. I had forgotten to let Wendy know I am gluten intolerant and so I couldn't eat the croissant, but she had a back up all ready for me and it was also delicious. Wendy made our B&B experience delightful and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple