By the Sea BnB
The Cedarwood Inn and Suites(Sidney)(Great Value!)
US$ 156
Orbitz.com
US$ 112
US$ 82
US$ 79
Priceline
US$ 163
Best Western Plus Emerald Isle Hotel(Sidney)(Great Value!)
US$ 166
US$ 140
Agoda.com
Sidney Waterfront Inn & Suites(Sidney)(Great Value!)
US$ 121
US$ 293
TripAdvisor
Villa Eyrie Resort(Malahat)(Great Value!)
US$ 224
US$ 205
Priceline
Cherry Tree Inn(Saanich)(Great Value!)
US$ 109
  • Restaurant
All reviewscroissantslovely homehost wendyking roomvancouver islandbreakfast was deliciousshort drivebnbbookmtberriesgardenhousecoffeebcbayvictoria
Reviewed 1 August 2017

I try to be fair, but the name " By the sea " indicates the house is on the ocean. The highway behind the house is closer then the ocean and we hardly could sleep by the traffic during the night. Breakfast was very disappointing. You where not ask what you want, you just get a class of yoghurt and berries, later a croissant with scrambled egg. If you like it or not you have no choice!!! My friend drinks no coffee, he ask for a glass of milk, the host looked at him as he had ask for poison. Next morning the same procedure: no milk! All guests get the same breakfast not ask what there preference is.This host doesn't care!
She has her TRIPADVISER SIGN with 9,3 on the staircase and believes she deserves it. By our three week trip over Vancouver Island this was the most disappointing place we ever had.

Room Tip: Highway is 30 Meters behind the house
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2017

'By the Sea BnB' was wonderful. The price was so reasonable that I did not have high expectations. But I was very pleasantly surprised. Wendy is one of the gifted few that has a knack for thinking of everything and making you feel so glad you came. The house is very impressive, the grounds are lovely and welcoming with plenty of places to sit and enjoy the garden, as we enjoyed a pitcher of refreshing cucumber and lemon water and pastries. Relaxing instrumental music played both inside and out. She had twinkle lights in her hallway. When we walked into our beautifully decorated bedroom, we were again greeted with music and she had a fan already on to keep our room cool. There was a little kitchenette with a fridge right beside our room, which was so handy as we could put our drinks and snacks in there and not have to bother anyone or walk downstairs. Breakfast was delicious and the table was so tastefully decorated. I had forgotten to let Wendy know I am gluten intolerant and so I couldn't eat the croissant, but she had a back up all ready for me and it was also delicious. Wendy made our B&B experience delightful and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Our overnight stay at By the Sea BnB was outstanding in every respect. Wendy was a fabulous host and very knowledgeable of the best places for us to visit during our very short time in Victoria. We had a beautifully decorated room on the second floor with a picturesque view of the sea & San Juan Islands all the way to Mt. Baker. On the following morning, a deliciously prepared, home cooked breakfast in the beautiful dining room was a great way to conclude our memorable visit. We will most definitely stay here again, when we get the chance to travel to Victoria.

Room Tip: We had an upstairs room on the left side of the entrance going in. The large bay window offered a perfect view of the sea
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2017

Stayed here for 1 day after a long trip from Asia. It is comfortable, neat and tidy, and very homely. It is also located right on the water so the views were spectacular. I really did enjoy staying here. The hotel does need some work on it though. I did go a while ago.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank olie d
Reviewed 13 October 2016

We stayed one night at this B&B and opted not to have breakfast due to dietary restrictions. The property and the house itself are lovely but the room we stayed in needed some TLC. The decor in the room was nice but there were several things that took away from our stay here. For starters, the property backs onto a noisy highway - we were glad we had brought earplugs but could still hear the noise in the background. There was an odor on the pillows and it made us wonder if the bedding was clean or not. I slept with a T-shirt over my pillow as I am very sensitive to smells. Hubby noticed it too even though smells don't usually bother him. The carpet in the room looked both stained and dirty and the room itself could have used a good cleaning. The bathroom wasn't in the best of shape and I will post pictures so you can judge for yourself. The owner was very pleasant but we had some confusion when booking the room for our first night in the area as the property was listed as available on HomeAway.com but in reality it wasn't. The property is also listed on Booking.com and you can book directly through the website so this may make it difficult for coordination of reservations. Overall we were very disappointed as we had read many positive reviews.

Room Tip: A room at the front of the house would probably be much quieter.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple