Open today: 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Naval Aviation Museum, close to Goa Airport, put it on your must-see-list

Not many of my friends in Goa had seen it, or even heard of it, so we went there not sure if it was... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
NarasimhaBBhat
Manipal
Awesome Place,Very Exciting for Kids,Well Maintained

I visited this place along with my 3 year old son and this place was much better than my... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
NeerajA25
Dehradun, India
via mobile

All reviews dabolim airport on display bogmalo beach naval aviation vasco da gama goa airport two storey national highway children and adults closed on mondays entry fee is rs an upgrade charged separately photo gallery ticket counter souvenir shop per adult
Reviewed 24 August 2017

I was travelling alone. I got stuck there for nearly two hours due to rain. I had ample amount of time to check out the whole museum very comfortably.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 16 August 2017

in this museum old plane is stand there and looks like good . we went there and taken some photography and we go were .

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

This place is a must visit for all the aviation fans. They have a wide display of real planes used by the navy. They also have a display of missiles, weapons and engines used in these machines. It is very close to the airport. Entry fee is Rs. 30 per adult with Rs. 25 charge for mobile camera.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 22 July 2017

Small naval aviation museum. Some interesting exhibits and static aircraft however these are in a very bad state of repair. Entry and photography not expensive. Sad to see parts of India's Naval Aviation heritage rusting away,

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed 17 July 2017

The Naval Aviation Museum is very near Dabolim airport, just off the Dabolim Bogmalo road about 2km before Bogmalo Beach. We popped in last month while out on a lazy mid morning stroll.

The moment I spotted the Super Connie in the outdoor displays, I went running back to arrange a taxi to bring my 92 year old father who was a navigator on these 10-4-9's in their - and his heyday! Nothing can describe the pleasure in his eyes when he saw that aircraft which he said he certainly would have flown in. He wanted to go into the cockpit but he could not have managed the steep stepladder up, even assuming that we could get permission.

The personal angle apart, this museum with its original outdoor display of assorted military aircraft, is a must see for aviation buffs and kids who will have a field day running around touching and feeling the exhibits without any restrictions.

The indoor section has an interesting a scale model of INS Viraat and assorted equipment et al. My Dad was quick to point out that a periscope (I think ...) was missing despite the display label being there.

This would be a great learning experience for school children and I am sure that at least the local schools must be bringing their wards here every now and then. Its a good field trip for out of state students too.

I am not really interested in such stuff and thought I would get bored but I have to admit that the outdoor display and the cliff top setting overlooking the sea next to a small forest replete with pretty birds, was quite fascinating. I highly recommend this visit for those interested in aviation, military history and of course for children especially boys.

I forgot how much the entry fee was but it was nominal for what is on display. Memorabilia is available at the ticket counter shop and snacks, tea etc. in the stall next door. The museum is a 10min walk from the beach or a 10min drive from the airport. Believe me, its worth the effort.

I am very grateful to the Indian Navy for this beautifully maintained museum and for the immense pleasure it gave my Dad. I must add here that it started to pour cats and dogs while we were about to exit the indoor section. The kind man at the ticket counter came running up with a huge umbrella for my father and allowed our taxi to come right inside for him. Thank you again Indian Navy. Jai Hind.

Date of experience: June 2017