“Lunch!”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Well it would be lunch but it's taken well over an hour since we ordered - not good when your granddaughter is very hungry. Not that busy either. Very disappointing.

1  Thank rone739
Benito M, General Manager at The Ship Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. And Im very sorry that you had along wait for your food.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Honestly? Just keep walking. There are other, better places to spend time.
Even with the open fire, it was freezing inside. The drinks we chose from the menu were not available. The food choice was good, but took a really long time to arrive. When it did the fish and chips were dire. A thin piece of leathery fish was covered with a very very over cooked nasty batter. The mushy peas were cold, lumpy and tasteless, the 10-15 chips were ok but nothing special. The scampi wasn’t too bad, but appeared and tasted like it was shop bought.
When I pay reasonable money, I expect reasonable food and service. The waitress asked if everything was ok after the meal, but when she was told that we weren’t impressed, she was not concerned at all, making no enquiry as to why we were not pleased, and quickly moved on to another topic. Perhaps this is a common theme? Overall, I would suggest you don’t waste your time and money going here.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Benito M, General Manager at The Ship Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Im so very sorry that you didn't enjoy you visit at the Ship.
Please contact me at the pub and let me make this right for you.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Been there many times and has been great .good portions and very tasty .unfortunately this time the steak was all gristle and the butterfly hunters chicken was as thin as a butterfly wing and served with 6 chips .beer was nice and so was real ale but food very dissapointing .manageress was fine and very helpfull .but sorry we wont be back

2  Thank Wendy W

Apologies for your visit. But please don't write us off yet.

I have had some problems with the quality of the steaks but that's all fix now and I have a new chef and she is very good.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The beer was on show - but it was not available.
Two different meals taken off the menu and each time carefully thought about were not available.
And the barmaid each time gave more than a passing performance of David Walliams frustrating the customers with "The computer says no."
Well this one walked rather than return to my partner and ask if there was a third item on the Greene King menu that they could then me down.
The barmaid was not rude, just didn't seem concerned.
We went to the next pub in the village - The Darnley Arms - and got a reasonable lunch.

2  Thank gl8246
Benito M, General Manager at The Ship Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I do apologise for your meals not being available, no excuse I know but we had been extremely busy the day before and as for our beers we always would have a Greeneking beer ready to be put on within 10 minutes but as for our guest ales I tend to only order one barrel of each giving my guests a better selection. So putting a new guest ale will tend to be a little longer.

Next time you are in, please do make yourself known.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

Will never visit this place again after the attitude and rudeness of the barman today. Also had to wait an hour for food, for the second visit in a row, which although was annoying wasn’t the worst part of our visit. Have formally complained to the brewery and urge them to take this seriously. He is doing your business no favours. Clearly hates his job.

6  Thank Sarah G

Customer service is the up most important factor of my business and I take every comment very seriously. Please do contact me at the pub to discuse this matter.