“Have already booked a return stay!”
other traveller has booked this property
The chalet has a breathtaking view of the Niesen, known as Switzerland's pyramid
The chalet stands completely alone, 400m from the nearest house The 2000m2 garden backs onto a nature reserve
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
The chalet stands completely alone, 400m from the nearest house
The 2000m2 garden backs onto a nature reserve
The sitting room has stupendous views from all three sides
The dining area seats 10 adults
The chalet has stupendous views in all seasons. This is is taken from the carpark
The children's room has a dressing-up box and games for all the family
Bathroom 1 has a bath/shower and a double wash basin
Bathroom 2 has a spacious 'rain' shower
Aeschi is renown for cross-country skiing, and the main tracks pass right by the chalet
The dining area also sports stupendous views
the kitchen is fully equipped with induction hotplates, nespresso machine, fondue and raclette etc
Winter view from the terrace and sitting
The sitting area sits 12 people comfortably, but remains cosy and warm
The chalet is furnished like a real home, including antique clocks, persian rugs and original art
Bedroom 1 has an antique cot, a double bed and access to the terrace
Bedroom 2 is the largest double room with a dressing table and views of the woods
Bedroom 3 is south facing with a balcony, and over 1000 books in English, French and German
Bedroom 4 has a south facing baclony
Bedroom 5 is particularly cosy with it's south facing views, the length of the Kander valley
The children's room is on a split level and can sleep between 1 and 5 people
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Terrence...
Saltsjöbaden, Stockholm County, Sweden
“Have already booked a return stay!”
Reviewed 15 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

First, I hate reviews that I have to wait to the end for the punchline, so here it is up front - "This is a very special place and I am looking forward to returning."

When I arrived it was midnight, pitch black and pouring rain. I just wanted to get to bed which I did. When I awoke the next morning I was dumbstruck by the view that greeted me. A glance outside my bedroom windows revealed that I was picture postcard. I was looking out of my balcony right into a mountain range so clear and so close I could almost touch them. And as I went to bed I had no idea they were even there.

I travel extensively but this was the first time I was in this part of the country. The mountains are beautiful and this house is positioned on the edge of this small Swiss mountain village within walking distance of the small quaint village centre.

It was clear that the house was not part of a large chain of hotels or B& B's as it seems that the owner has taken great care to after even the smallest detail. I love to cook and the kitchen was modern and appliance full. The bathrooms were also modern as well.

While I was not with a small family, there were even things for them including old school items like board games, puzzles and books as well as a more modern entertainment centre and speedy WIFI.

The cosy living room with its own mountain view was perfect as I sat by the fire with an accompanying drink.

I was fortunate enough to meet the owner briefly. Mrs.R was just as I thought she must be given how appointed the home was. She has made her house truly a home. I was able to ask her in person to try to squeeze me in again for next year.

So if you are alone or a couple or family or even small wedding party, this home with its space for 10 or 12 people should be on the top of your list.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: mountain view and quiet
Liked least: Wish I had packed better boots of better explore local mountain trails.
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing