Chan-Kah Resort Village(Palenque)
US$ 54
US$ 74
US$ 49
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 57/night.

US$ 44
US$ 35
Agoda.com
US$ 113
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewsmayan culturepresidential suitecochinita pibilsmall lakemayan dishestraditional dishesrooms are hugegerman ownerplace to stayarchaeological sitecustom designeda short cab ridehowler monkey familymenu variedmassage areawildlife includingstaff are very attentive
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Raphael, the multilingual, Maya-passionate builder/owner/manager of this property is a warm, welcoming host. His staff are all super friendly and most are bilingual. The hotel is done with beautiful taste and class, though perfectly matched with the local culture. It is truly an homage to the Maya culture. There are only 9 rooms so you have to book way in advance, but well worth the advance planning. The kitchen serves really good meals and the pool area is one of the most beautiful we have ever seen, with 4 pools in a waterfall formation, though each private from the next. Will, the manager, is a great person with flawless attentiveness. Not too much, just enough. Raphael is an engaging and interesting host, always happy to have a conversation about the area and its treasures, something he is a recognized expert in. This place is not cheap anywhere, but especially in Chiapas though if you can afford it, treat yourself to a great stay next to one of the great archeological sites in the world.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
quintachanabnal, Owner at Boutique Hotel Quinta Chanabnal, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear Gabriel M,

I have no words to express my gratitude when reading your review. We, my staff and I, do our best to be there for our guests, and it is such a pleasure and delight to see that our effort can be so highly rewarded. I just finished to read this and I am already informing all my staff about your words. We are all deeply grateful.
As always we are at your disposition to serve you in your next stay in Palenque.

Please receive my warmest regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2017

We made the Quinta Chanabnal our base while exploring Palenque and the nearby Lacandon Jungle. Spent here 2 nights but could have easily stayed a bit longer. What an amazing place. We loved everything of it. The staff was super helpful, always there to assist. The food was good too. We came right before the start of the holiday season so it was not very busy. We prefer quiet and peace so this place was ideal for us as it only has a few rooms. We stayed at a Deluxe Suite and everything was perfect, they prepared it with an extra bed to accommodate my two boys. We loved the Mayan architecture throughout the grounds. Its proximity to the Palenque archaeological site. My kids really enjoyed the lush gardens and pools and specially looking for the hauler monkey(s) which can be hear often, specially at night - makes you feel you are in an oasis in the middle of the jungle and adds to the excitement of the place. Will definitely stay here again...

Room Tip: Deluxe Suite
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
quintachanabnal, Owner at Boutique Hotel Quinta Chanabnal, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2017

Dear reviewer,

Thank you so much for your post, it is as always such an great feeling to read that our guests enjoyed their stay at Quinta Chanabnal and Palenque. We are so honored that we could have a part in your experience!
Best wishes form Quinta Chanabnal's staff and myself,

Reviewed 30 June 2017 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful! The style reminded me of an Indiana Jones' movie.
The rooms are beautiful decorated , with a very delicate Mayan style, the garden with the lakes and pool are just out of this world. The staff is very helpful and friendly.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
quintachanabnal, Owner at Boutique Hotel Quinta Chanabnal, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2017

Dear Maquegarcia27,

thank you so much for your review, we are glad that you and your family had such a great time here with us!

Our best regards to you and your husband,

Reviewed 20 June 2017

AMAZED, love!!! Great place. Loved it...
We stayed for only 3 night but wished it was longer. We chose this hotel because its great central location the Archaeological sights.
I hardly ever give a 5 in my reviews but this an amazing hotel so it well deserves a 10 if this was an option. Now, keep in mind it is not cheap!! This hotel is just amazingly beautiful from the very first moment you drive into this property. This is place is so impressive, I don’t even know where to start.
The vegetation as you enter this hidden gem is so really very welcoming. The decor is just beautiful, the attention to details is incredible: The room we stayed was so very spacious, the bathroom was big and everything was always very cleaned. Great amenities, toiletries and even bath robes were provided by the hotel each day. The room had a little fridge with water, juices and some beers available to the customer, free of charge (well, included in your rate ). They also had a welcome basket with lots of tropical fruits like mangos, bananas etc. The hotel surrounding in the middle of the jungle are just breath taking. The lobby/restaurant is cozy and the food was so good we ate all 3 nights we stayed there. I ordered pasta and this was outstanding. The pasta was always homemade, tasty their meat dishes were also very tasty and their dessert even better. They also have a really nice pool facing a lake and surrounded by wild plants/flowers. The water was cold but I guess given the heat it is the right option. This hotel is home to a family of howler monkey (father, mom and their babies) which at times get some bananas from the hotel itself but be careful they are still wild and free animals.

The owner, Rafael, was there in the first day to greet us along with his staff who welcome us with big umbrellas given the big rain happening at the time we check in (Yes, lots of rain, so I heard June is not the best month to visit). The owner always took the time to talk to us either to make sure we were happy or to just provide us some insight knowledge on the Maya culture. He is a very helpful, knowledgeable and passionate about this area. They even took the time to send us an email to let us know we had left a travel pillow behind which belong to my son. They said they could mail back to our destination, now, how nice is that!
The one recommendation I would give for them is to work on the WIFI. The connection did not work at all in the rooms but it did work in their cozy restaurant. It is the only thing I can think of needs to be improved.
Despite the little internet problem, I would stay here in a heartbeat, what a wonderful place and people. I felt better than home.

Room Tip: Room #4 and #1 were very nice. Room #4 was really big
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 May 2017

This hotel is one of the nicest places we have ever stayed in. Built to look like a Mayan structure, luxurious inside and surrounded by tropical gardens. Rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean. The restaurant is great and the food delicious. One the day we left before the restaurant was open for breakfast, fresh coffee was available and a good packed lunch was provided. The hotel is in a great location for visiting Mayan archeological sites, but don't forget to make time to enjoy the gardens and pool. You'll see lots of birds, iguanas and monkeys. Fantastic. The service is really good too, with staff speaking excellent English. I'd go back tomorrow if I could.

Room Tip: We stayed in the deluxe suite and it was great
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
quintachanabnal, Owner at Boutique Hotel Quinta Chanabnal, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2017

Dear Janman2017,

thank you so much for your kind words, it is always great to see that we are giving our little contribution, so that our guest's stay in Palenque becomes a great experience.
Please receive our most grateful regards from Chanabnal,