Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
judytraveller
New York City, New York
Better than before
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 28 Mar 2016
This is my 2nd visit to Svasara Jungle Lodge and I think it was as good if not better than my 1st visit. I received a very warm welcome on my arrival and was shown to Room 112. which is a twin bedded airy room and very comfortable. They have ceiling fans and A/C which I hardly used. Although it was very hot when the sun was shining at night I was very comfortable with just the ceiling fan. The food was just as good as i remembered and the care and friendliness of Ranjit and Nandita along with their staff
have made my stays here so memorable. There is wi-fi in the main lounge and dining room but not in the individual rooms.
The newest addition to their property is a Spa and large in-ground pool with a wading pool for children. It is set a short walk away from the mail lodge buildings surrounded by trees, flowering shrubs and brush. It is a very pretty building and the spa area is covered over with a high peaked roof so that if one is is so inclined to sit in the shade in one of the beach chairs you can do that. The pool looked so inviting at the time I
visited it but I didn't have time to take a swim and then get ready for my safari. The spa offers various types of Ayurvedic massages, whole body massages to facials and aromatherapy which again looked very inviting and also seemed very reasonable.
To me it is a very special place to stay with so many wonderful memories that I hope I'll
be visiting them again on my next journey to India.
Date of stay: March 2016
    Pool
    112.6 km from Svasara Jungle Lodge at Tadoba
    Pool
    View more hotels in Kolara
    All reviews kolara gate teak house the reserve game drives nagpur airport sloth bear the managers morning drive national park local cuisine natural environment lime juice comfortable rooms knowledgeable naturalist cold towels tiger sighting great sightings
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 27 March 2016 via mobile

We carry sweet memories of svasara as iy made our trip to tadoba extra special (apart from the tiger sightings ofcourse ).the place is tastefully designed wih a nice common sitting area ; cozy breakfast space and a special separate open dining area wih a movie screening lounge adjoining it.
    The staff including ranjeet nandita amit made our stay noteworthy wih their xtra care and attention. Food was good and the menu was varied as per cosmopolitan taste and expectation.
    Our only suggestion would be if the place could have more walking trails within its area

Date of stay: March 2016
    Trip type: Travelled with family
    2  Thank anilbhaya
    Reviewed 21 March 2016

Svasara Lodge. This is a dry resort, Alcohol is illegal in this area, so be warned! The rooms are well appointed with air conditioning and ( noisy) fans. Water is drawn from a bore hole and is fine to drink.
    The food here is very good. Served buffet style, and is hot and plentiful. Soup is served to the table, many of the courses are on the watery side, though flavoursome.
    There is a newly built swimming pool, which is lovely and refreshing after a dusty drive, and massages and a spa are available if required.
    The safari park has many tigers and they are sited frequently. There are lots of vehicles, they tour the allocated 10% of the park continuously, and at weekends it is not uncommon for 50 + vehicles to be at one ( small) siting, so be warned! There doesn't appear to be any system to this, if you are last, then it's tough! You won't see much more than a tail if you are lucky!
    The tracks are particularly dusty, so protection needs to be worn, a 'Buff' over nose and mouth, or similar attire, sunglasses or clear glasses for the eyes, and hat/ cap/ scarf for hair protection ( or expect to wash it at least twice afterwards).
    We were unfortunate not to have a naturalist on most of our game drives, and the very pleasant young driver we had, only spoke limited English.
    Although nice, clean and pleasant, and having had a close tiger siting on our first drive, we would be unlikely to return to Tadoba or Svasara.

Room tip: Wi fi in Reception, we were in next room to reception, so had wi fi.
    • Trip type: Travelled with friends
    Reviewed 20 March 2016

The welcome when I arrived made me feel like a VIP. There was someone there to welcome me and someone to take my luggage from me, I felt so relaxed from the second I stepped from the car. I had to wait a short while for my room to be ready, but it was no hardship because I was offer refreshments and a member of staff just generally chatted to me. The room was a nice size and well appointed.
    Lunch is held in the restaurant by reception but dinner is held in the teak house, both meals are buffet with a fair choice. Had stayed 4 nights here, and although it's very early mornings for the safari drives I felt very relaxed there. It helped that I could have a swim after the morning drive in a lovely refreshing pool, then go and have lunch.
    But what really made the lodge special was the staff. I could name names but that would be unfair on the people I didn't know the names of because they all worked so hard and well together.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
    2  Thank Trish C
    Reviewed 15 March 2016

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights including our 40th wedding anniversary.The room was terrific and set in beautiful grounds. It blends in perfectly with the surrounding countryside - no big sign advertising its presence. The grounds attract several interesting birds - we saw hawk cuckoos, a flock of rosefinches as well as a nesting spotted owlet. Ranjit, Nandita and their staff provide really varied meals catering seemingly for all eventualities and their guides are extremely knowledgeable. Ours even found us a tiger on our first safari!!!
    We had a wonderful anniversary candle-lit meal by the pool complete with our own personal waiter. - Thanks to both our hosts for this great memory.
    The final bonus is that the lodge is no more than 200 yards from a park gate (Kolara) so ideal to be first in the park. One small tip is to take a scarf to cover your nose and mouth as the park was very dusty when we were there.
    Tadoba, a tiger and Svasara lodge provided us with the perfect start to our holiday

Room tip: Individual lodges so all as good as each other
    • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    2  Thank Duncan P
    Reviewed 13 March 2016

We had an excellent driver to take us from Nagpur airport to Svasara lodge.
    The accommodation was basic but spotless the bed was comfortable and we had tea and coffee with a fridge for soft drinks (No Alcohol)in our lodge.
    The guides were brilliant and attentive nothing was too much trouble and food was fine.
    Our only gripe it was a bit dusty!!and when we found a Female Tiger with her cubs all the drivers made No effort to let other vehicles close to see them I felt they did this in a sort of trophy manner to Boost their tips!!totally different to the friendliness in the lodge.
    We would certainly recommend a visit.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
    2  Thank SurreyBenson
    ratika_sinha, Director at Svasara Jungle Lodge at Tadoba, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2016

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your positive feedback regarding our lodge. Regarding your feedback relating to the park, we will definitely share your experience with the gypsy operators and park authorities.

Sincere regards,