See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

After what I would say is a stunning ride through the rolling hills of San Remegio you arrive at one of the most stunning beaches I have ever seen in my life. Though the place has been around for a while I quite enjoyed the rustic setting. The ocean view bar catches great breezes all day and is a great place to beat the heat, sit to enjoy an ice cold drink and have a chat with the new manager Roger. The night we were there Roger had invited a chef friend of his to prepare a special meal that was outstanding. Though this may not be a new hotel and does need a little cosmetic work in some places, for the price and location, it's a winner. Really comfortable beds, well kitted out bathrooms and ice cold air con. Great spot for a getaway.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank jamie s
Reviewed 13 February 2018

We had a great weekend away from the City of Cebu. Very quiet place where we got a lot of rest. In the province of the Philippines a lot of places can be noisy and I normally have problems sleeping. I slept like a baby here!

Restaurant is located just a few meters from the ocean so a great place to eat or have a drink.

We were just driving around on a motorbike and found this place and if I read the previous reviews I would probably not have stayed here but the building was well maintained and the garden and green grass was lovely. Well worth a visit and the money.

Room Tip: Rooms in main building has a bit higher standard than the bungalows.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Reddawn68
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Casa del Mar is ridiculously difficult to access due to long unpaved road, only to find a deplorable place after a 3h drive from Mactan. The place was beaten up. This was a waste of travel time. No reason to come here.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Tranquility136
Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

I did not even bother to continue with my stay as there's nothing in this place worth staying for. The pictures in your site are very outdated, this resort should not be in your site at all. They don't care about their customer, the resort is just an abandoned place with no maintenance and no security. The room we were in has a very bad smell and the pool is unusable due to so much dirt. It's like it's never been cleaned for years. The access road to the hotel is very dangerous. The road is so narrow and so bad it can damage your car due to some broken pavements with the steel rods all over the place. There's a chance your car will get stuck. Please have this remove as the owner obviously does not care for the customers.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Mick S
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Golf and scuba resort??? All we saw was a Run Down Neglected place by the sea. No Scuba and virtually no golf course.

The Road going to the Resort is Dangerous.... don't try unless you have a car!! (Don't try it even then) 3.5k from main highway.

I felt Pity for the staff as they are lovely.... food was reasonable quality but pricey. Cost of resort is not justified at all....the beach was the only good thing we found here.

The pool is not filtered and filthy. Everything is in need of a renovation.

Such a shame as it could've been an amazing secluded Getaway...

People keep mentioning Yolanda but there is very little structural damage from this (two huts). Stop using this as an excuse for neglecting routine maintenance.

The Resort should be removed from booking sites as false advertising

Wouldn't let me post with No stars

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family