“Beautiful island home with unrivaled gulf view!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
If you are lucky, you can see manatees at the dock or swimming off the beach!
All access to the island is by private boat or water taxi...Pirate's Water Taxi, Englewood, FLorida
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
EPM13
Oak Park, Illinois
“Beautiful island home with unrivaled gulf view!”
Reviewed 17 September 2015 for a stay in July 2015

We spent two weeks in this lovely home over the summer. The spacious house was clean (which must be quite a task on a tropical island), well maintained, and stocked with anything you could need. All we had to do was enjoy the ocean breezes, pristine (empty!) beach, and gorgeous sunsets. We watched dolphins and manatees just off shore and came home with a wonderful shell collection. The owners were extremely helpful and went out of their way to ensure that we had a relaxing vacation. We are so grateful that they are willing to share their home. We hope to be fortunate enough to come back for years to come!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Views, lovely decor, and friendly owners.
Liked least: Having to leave!
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
3 May 2016
Thank you so much for your positive comments. We love to share our home with guests who appreciate the island and all that it has to offer!
Lea757
Lansing, Michigan
“Property neglected, going down hill, owners don't care”
Reviewed 11 July 2015 for a stay in January 2014
people found this review helpful

There are some lovely things to say about this property. Unfortunately, the negatives outweighed the positives for my 3 week stay there. On the plus side, it is probably the best location on the beach, it is decorated beautifully (if aworn and you like antiques and not as clean as it could be), and it is stocked with everything one could possible want, as if it is your own home.

However, the property is mis-represented in a number of ways. The 1 bathroom had a shower that barely worked, it was old and the pressure was minimal at best, you could not wash your hair in it. Plus, you were asked not to use it unless absolutely necessary but to use the outside shower. The outside shower was on the main path to the beach and was not very private (one could see into it through the slats); as I was recovering from an 8 hour cancer operation my privacy was important to me. When I booked this property I was told there was a fully functioning inside bathroom. Also, the bathroom sink had red ants all over it. I complained to the owners. They sent someone who gave it an organic treatment, it did not work. While I appreciate organic treatments, I had to complain again and was told it would cost them several hundred dollars to bring someone over from the mainland. I was paying that daily to stay there! I let them know I was very unhappy with this situation but they would do nothing about it.

The advertised dishwasher did not work. Or, if you ran it, the dishes came out dirty. The screened in porch was broken in so many places and needed repair. If one is coming with a pet, that animal cannot be left on the porch unattended as it could easily get out. As for the equipment they advertise (stereo, DVD, etc.), there are no instructions and inquiry as to how to use them were met with an uncaring attitude, at least in my experience, and I am a very polite person.

This home used to be wonderful, one can tell. It is an older house and it feels as if it is being booked repeatedly on its reputation. I was in the travel business for 30 years (owning a travel agency) and know properties and also know that how one is treated is vital to the lasting success of even a vacation rental. When I left and was able to take a good shower I at last felt clean again; that is a terrible thing to say. Also, I would not wish to deal with these people again, that is also a terrible thing to say, but they treated me very poorly.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location.
Liked least: Not having an indoor shower that worked and dealing daily with ants in bathroom sink.
Travelling group: Solo
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
14 Jul 2015
Wow...I am so sorry to hear how badly we disappointed you. I can't dispute that we did have an issue with tiny sugar ants during your stay and it seems to take weeks to eradicate them. As for the water pressure issue in the shower, the island recently laid a new water main and we now get water from the mainland -- so we no longer have to rely on antiquated shallow wells and pumps for our water. But we DO care about the property -- and all of our guests -- very much, and I am just sorry that we did not manage to communicate that to you during your stay. I am truly sorry that you felt we treated you badly. This is our home -- not a "rental unit" -- and we really try very hard to ensure that everyone loves the home and the island as much as we do. When you departed, you were so effusive about what a wonderful stay you had (you even sent me photos of your cat enjoying the view from the front porch and mentioned that you looked forward to being back on the island) that I was honestly completely stunned to read that you had such an unpleasant experience...especially a year and a half later! All I can say is that we must have really dropped the ball...and I am terribly sorry that we did not know this sooner. Please accept our belated apologies and my promise that we truly do care about each and every guest and we try to bend over backwards to avoid any bad experiences. We obviously failed miserably in your case and we feel terrible about this.
Kelly D
Miami, Florida
“I had a wonderful time at Coconut Hideaway!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

Coconut Hideaway is a beautiful home! It is impeccably furnished. The house has every amenity you might desire when on vacation. It is well stocked and there is much attention to detail in everything about the property.

I enjoyed that it is pet friendly and had a wonderful time with my two dogs on the beach. The owners are very responsive to any questions you might have and reply promptly. The house is very clean. It is a fantastic family vacation. I felt very safe there and was able to relax and enjoy the amazing scenery.

I have only positive things to say about my stay there. I would definitely return and I can't think of anyone who would not love this vacation property. Thank you for a very memorable vacation experience!

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
SSmith147
Nicholasville, Kentucky
“Perfect in every way”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 for a stay in August 2013

This is a TRUE vacation!! A little piece of heaven to be sure!!
The house is lovely and so are the owners. We have come here a few times and now our kids are starting to come back with their own families. The beach is private and BEAUTIFUL!! Buddy and Laurie are wonderful host and hostess. You can't ask for anything more.

Jsprout
“Tropical paradise”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
person found this review helpful

This beach house is truly a dream house. The home is very clean, spacious and beautifully decorated. The beach is just steps away from the house, making the location ideal. The island is a tropical, peaceful paradise and this home is truly the gem of the island. We spent lots of time on the beach, which we pretty much had to ourselves. We collected shells, swam and even saw dolphins up close! At night, we enjoyed beautiful subsets on the outside deck. We really enjoyed how peaceful and quiet the island was at night. It was a very relaxing and calming. We can't say enough wonderful things about this home!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing