“A very enjoyable stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
John H
“A very enjoyable stay”
Reviewed 6 September 2018 for a stay in August 2018

A very enjoyable stay at the Wee House. Especially liked the open cottage plan and beach access. Midland conveniently nearby for shopping as needed.

2 Oct 2018
Thanks for staying, John!
Navigate7...
Toronto, Canada
“Great for a family with small children!”
Reviewed 2 September 2018 for a stay in August 2018

My family (four adults, two children, two babies) spent four days at the wee house at the end of August. I would recommend this cottage to a family (or families) with small children for many reasons.

First of all, correspondence with the owner, Geoffrey, was excellent. I felt at ease knowing that he would reply to my messages within a timely manner, and he always answered all of our questions in detail. Very much appreciated!!

Second, the wee house is very conveniently located steps away from beautiful and private Cawaja beach (a two minute walk!). This beach is perfect for kids. The sand is smooth and clean, shallow walk-in, clean, clear water that stays shallow and sandy forever. LOVE this beach!

Third, the cottage is very clean, spacious, and well-equipped. Tons of board games and dvds for the kids to enjoy as well, which was a huge bonus.

Lastly, everyone had their own space. Three decent sized bedrooms and lots of beds to choose from, and two fully functional bathrooms. The outdoor shower was great too.

Now for the not-so-great parts...

Beds are quite uncomfortable. Mattresses are hard and you can feel the springs against your body. Pillows are also hard and lumpy so bring your own.

BBQ was so dirty when we arrived that we weren’t able to use it the entire week. I suppose the cleaning staff doesn’t clean the bbq and obviously the previous family (or families) didn’t either. That was pretty disappointing.

With no air conditioning, ceiling fans are key at this cottage! Although there are a few installed already, there could definitely be another one added to the main cottage (which is very long), and in the bedroom with the bunk beds (there is only a table fan in there).

Overall, this cottage is a great bang for your buck. It is clean, modern and well-equipped, and the location is excellent. Steps to a beautiful beach, and a super easy drive from Toronto!

7 Sep 2018
Thanks for the great detail on the review. We try to keep things in good working order, and so the honest feedback is very helpful.
There are a bunch of different types of pillows, but we'll look at culling / supplementing / getting new ones. Appreciate the attention for the mattresses - I think that most of them are actually foam, but
A new grill is in the works...it got back ordered, then canceled, and we haven't gotten a good replacement.
The grill cleaning is likely to always be an issue, since it is like dishes: you have to clean up after yourself. We do provide cleaning in the rental fee, but obviously people need to participate in keeping things to their expectations while they are visiting.
Thanks for staying and sharing your experience!
ltrsktr4
Toronto, Canada
“My favourite!”
Reviewed 29 August 2018 for a stay in August 2018

We have been coming to the weeHouse for a few years now and we love it each time. It is a wonderfully thought out cottage that is built with ease and comfort in mind. I appreciate how close the beach is (2 minute walk) and I like that I can pop into Midland for all my groceries (15 min drive). The cottage itself is modern (Scandinavian style), comfortable, clean and quiet. It has a large deck, an amazing outdoor shower with hot water, a screened in porch, a well stocked kitchen, t.v, games and most importantly for us, stand up paddle boards. We used them everyday and they were awesome. I have the best memories of staying at this cottage and I hope to make more every year. I have rented many cottages since my children were born 13 years ago and this is by far my absolute favourite.

Your age range 35-49
2 Oct 2018
This is a little late in coming, but THANKS for your enthusiasm and help making it a great place. We really appreciate your support!
23Toronto
Toronto
“Beautiful and relaxing cottage!”
Reviewed 16 June 2018 for a stay in June 2018

Cottage is a gem! It is very well equipped (great kitchen), clean, spacious, cozy, relaxing and stylish. The beach is very calm and beautiful and less than a five minute walk from cottage. Really enjoyed hanging out on the cottage deck (lots of furniture to choose from), very lovely being nestled among the trees as it felt very private. Made good use of the fire pit (can get wood at the store near by). On the one rainy day we hung out in the main bedroom as one wall is all windows with a small private deck. Screened room was great in the evenings as it allows one to still enjoy nature and not be eaten alive by mosquitos. Can’t wait to book it again!

23 Jun 2018
Thanks for your enthusiasm! Glad that it worked even when the weather was not pristine. We try to make it a little better every year, so the feedback is much appreciated.
Safari136...
“Mix one part rustic and one part polished for a balanced diet”
Reviewed 22 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

This architectural gem boasts cozy yet open spaces, with floor to ceiling windows allowing the outdoors in, satisfying all your tree viewing cravings.

The kitchen is well equipped allowing all your culinary dreams come true, or you can head down to Balm Beach for the quaint beachside restaurants and surf-side shop.

The semi-private white sand beach is a 2 min walk away and Awenda's National park a easy 20 min drive away. Breezy. Would love to visit again soon!

23 Jun 2018
We'd love to have you again! Thanks for shouting out the Awenda's National Park. It seems unbelievable, but in all the time we've been there, I have never actually visited. Now I shall. Thanks.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing