“Wonderful Snorkel/Sail Trip to Cayo Blanco”
Review of SeaVieques

SeaVieques
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The #1 thing to do in Isabel, according to Trip Advisor! Four-hour and full-day sailing trips off the north shore of Vieques aboard a sweet 30' Freedom sloop. A comfortable sailboat, she is fast and has a self tacking jib which does not require adjusting lines for the front sail, so we won't be asking you to move for sail adjustments. Four hour charters include a stop for a guided snorkel tour at the unsurpassed Cayo Blanco. A recent guest told us that he's snorkeled Hawaii, Tahiti and the Great Barrier Reef, but that THIS was the best snorkeling he has seen! A charter with SeaVieques includes snacks, the world's best pina coladas, and an open bar. Full day trips allow more flexibility and the possibility of more than one snorkeling stop. Come out with us and let us take you to a reef that is ONLY accessible by boat...Get your money's worth! Come see the best snorkeling on Vieques, with a knowledgable guide on a beautiful sailboat! Please be aware that the captain reserves the right to cancel trips due to bad weather or poor snorkeling conditions. Bareboat charters also available.
Reviewed 7 July 2017

Captain Judi and Ramon ran a great sail/snorkel trip to Cayo Blanco. Judi is very knowledgeable about the reef and local fish and she shares this info before beginning to snorkel. Having been a stand up comic in her prior life, she was very entertaining for an afternoon at sea. Having snorkeled several of the beach reefs as well as an off shore reef on the South shore area, we found the reef Judi took us to was far better than any of the other places. I would highly recommend sailing/snorkeling with Captain Judi...it was well worth the money!

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"snorkelers"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

A friend suggested we go snorkeling with Captain Judy. I'd never been snorkeling before but she and her mate Alex showed me all I needed to know and got me settled. The trip was first rate, started right on time, and was very enjoyable. Captain Judy is very knowledgeable about the reef and the fish and led an entertaining and informative trip. Will repeat in the future.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

My husband and I chose Puerto Rico, and Vieques in particular, as our vacation destination this year after an extraordinarily stressful year. Sea Vieques in particular had a lot to live up to since we splurged on the private tour, and Captain Judi did not disappoint. My husband has been snorkeling before, but I had only been on a commercial tour on our honeymoon and that was not a great experience. He convinced me to try one more time, and now we'll go every time we go back. Captain Judi's tour was amazing. The tour started with Ramon (her first mate) making cocktails, which were delicious. Then he guided the boat to the reef while Captain Judi went through all the fish we might see. I started out a little ambivalent, but by the end was fascinated, and in the water so appreciative, of this part. It's so much more interesting when you know what you're looking at, and she really cares about the reef and the wild life. For example, I had no idea that blowfish could only expand 3 times, so you have to be careful when you see them. It just added another level to the trip that I hadn't expected. Definitely recommend this trip, Captain Judi and Ramon were awesome, and I am now snorkeler despite my initial reluctance :)

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Excellent experience sailing and snorkeling, Captain Judi and Ramon were very hospitable! Knowledgeable about Vieques and it's Marine life. My children really enjoyed themselves snorkeling. My daughter was nervous but with the kindness of Capt. Judi as a snorkeling buddy, she got to experience snorkeling with ease and excitement. My son loved sailing on her boat plus seeing all the marine life around Cayo Blanco.

Thank you Captain Judi and Ramon!

Jeff & Melissa Owsley