“Wonderful Snorkel/Sail Trip to Cayo Blanco”
Review of SeaVieques

and up
Sail and Snorkel Adventure from Vieques
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The #1 thing to do in Isabel, according to Trip Advisor! Four-hour and full-day sailing trips off the north shore of Vieques aboard a sweet 30' Freedom sloop. A comfortable sailboat, she is fast and has a self tacking jib which does not require adjusting lines for the front sail, so we won't be asking you to move for sail adjustments. Four hour charters include a stop for a guided snorkel tour at the unsurpassed Cayo Blanco. A recent guest told us that he's snorkeled Hawaii, Tahiti and the Great Barrier Reef, but that THIS was the best snorkeling he has seen! A charter with SeaVieques includes snacks, the world's best pina coladas, and an open bar. Full day trips allow more flexibility and the possibility of more than one snorkeling stop. Come out with us and let us take you to a reef that is ONLY accessible by boat...Get your money's worth! Come see the best snorkeling on Vieques, with a knowledgable guide on a beautiful sailboat! Please be aware that the captain reserves the right to cancel trips due to bad weather or poor snorkeling conditions. Bareboat charters also available.
Reviewed 7 July 2017

Captain Judi and Ramon ran a great sail/snorkel trip to Cayo Blanco. Judi is very knowledgeable about the reef and local fish and she shares this info before beginning to snorkel. Having been a stand up comic in her prior life, she was very entertaining for an afternoon at sea. Having snorkeled several of the beach reefs as well as an off shore reef on the South shore area, we found the reef Judi took us to was far better than any of the other places. I would highly recommend sailing/snorkeling with Captain Judi...it was well worth the money!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 6 July 2017 via mobile

A friend suggested we go snorkeling with Captain Judy. I'd never been snorkeling before but she and her mate Alex showed me all I needed to know and got me settled. The trip was first rate, started right on time, and was very enjoyable. Captain Judy is very knowledgeable about the reef and the fish and led an entertaining and informative trip. Will repeat in the future.

Reviewed 6 July 2017

My husband and I chose Puerto Rico, and Vieques in particular, as our vacation destination this year after an extraordinarily stressful year. Sea Vieques in particular had a lot to live up to since we splurged on the private tour, and Captain Judi did not disappoint. My husband has been snorkeling before, but I had only been on a commercial tour on our honeymoon and that was not a great experience. He convinced me to try one more time, and now we'll go every time we go back. Captain Judi's tour was amazing. The tour started with Ramon (her first mate) making cocktails, which were delicious. Then he guided the boat to the reef while Captain Judi went through all the fish we might see. I started out a little ambivalent, but by the end was fascinated, and in the water so appreciative, of this part. It's so much more interesting when you know what you're looking at, and she really cares about the reef and the wild life. For example, I had no idea that blowfish could only expand 3 times, so you have to be careful when you see them. It just added another level to the trip that I hadn't expected. Definitely recommend this trip, Captain Judi and Ramon were awesome, and I am now snorkeler despite my initial reluctance :)

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

Excellent experience sailing and snorkeling, Captain Judi and Ramon were very hospitable! Knowledgeable about Vieques and it's Marine life. My children really enjoyed themselves snorkeling. My daughter was nervous but with the kindness of Capt. Judi as a snorkeling buddy, she got to experience snorkeling with ease and excitement. My son loved sailing on her boat plus seeing all the marine life around Cayo Blanco.

Thank you Captain Judi and Ramon!

Jeff & Melissa Owsley

Reviewed 18 June 2017

We had a good afternoon on the trip. The island & reef were neat. The sail, snacks, drinks, and Judi's reef intro were all good. However, the morning sail lost track of time...meaning that the participants on my trip waited over an hour at the dock past our departure time. By the time we arrived at the reef, clouds had moved in so our visibility wasn't as good and we got cold more quickly. I also found it odd that one participant identified herself as a weak swimmer and asked for a life vest, but wasn't given one (we were offered pool noodles for flotation). Before you book a snorkeling trip on Vieques, check out Little Boat Sailing. We did a trip with them the following morning and it was my favorite experience of our week on Vieques!

coolbikechick, Owner at SeaVieques, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2017

Wow, where to begin. I am glad there are some parts of the trip that you enjoyed. As to being late, it sometimes happens. I call when I know we will be late to advise participants. I don't recall why we were late, maybe wind direction shifted after I'd left hte mooring, I don't know. If we are in the water and see something amazing, I don't point to my watch and tell everyone to get back on the boat. We've seen mating reef squid, squadrons of spotted eagle rays, swam with dolphins, the list goes on and on but the point is this: if I make a determination to NOT pull people out of the water when they are having one of these experiences, it is because I would offer the same opportunity to everyone. An hour doesn't change the weather conditions to the point where someone goes from being warm in the water to being cold in the water. Clouds happen every day, it doesn't change the quality of the snorkel. l am sure you are right that we offered a participant a pool noodle rather than a life vest because they are easier to use and obviously the participant agreed, or they would have been in the water with a life vest. (Kinda suspect that this participant was not "with you" and you are just assuming how he/she felt about the pool noodle.) In closing, Little Boat Sailing is a good company and I have made many referrals to him because I feel strongly that he loves his reef the way I love mine. However, it is definitely an apples to oranges comparison since his boat is a Hobie cat, no head, no snacks, just an entirely different experience. I am glad you had such a good time with him and please tell him I said hi the next time you book with him. :)