All reviewscontinental breakfastfamily suiteunderfloor heatingbunk bedsmain bedroomfree standing bathgreat showerbeautiful roomlittle touchesdefinitely stay here againwithin easy reachmarble bathroomusk valleyfantastic staysecond bedroomstayed here for nightsluxury
Reviewed 3 June 2017

I hesitate to review this place as we didn't actually stay there. We had a very difficult time finding it as the location is not well signed on Magor Road (it's just off Magor but we didn't know that). When we arrived, there was no one there but a contact number was posted. When I phoned and spoke to someone, he told me that my reservation had been cancelled which was not the case (I had a confirmation number from a reputable company). He recommended a few other places we could stay. I was so disappointed. Fortunately, we were able to get a suite at a hotel down the road. Not sure how this happened, but our reservation seems to have fallen through the cracks.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hiskid
EGDavis, Owner at Celtic Guest Houses, The Old Rectory, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2017

Ms Zinger. You cancelled your reservation number through Expedia as I did explain to you. The cancellation reference is as follows received on Sat 13/05/2017 17:08

I did my best to assist you to help you find another room elsewhere to resolve your silly mistake. A one star review is not an indication of what we've done in all fairness Ms Zinger.

Message status: Roomlynx updated. Message type: Reservation from channel

Value: -68.00
RezRooms Conf No: RL12210149
Success

Reviewed 20 May 2017 via mobile

Love this place. Second time back visiting family in Langstone. Very friendly reception, stayed in the executive king room, same as first time. Comfortable, clean room with great shower in the en-suite. The Old Rectory complimentary water bottles always make me smile and nice big cups for coffee in the morning!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2017

We stayed here for 2 nights while visiting family. The room was nice but I was surprised at some of the finishing touches given they claim to be a 5* Hotel. Tetley Teabags and Nescafe sachets which you get in a standard Travelodge. Breakfast isn't included in the price which is fine but they only offer continental breakfast at £10 each extra......
There were two more things that really let this pace down and that was how warm the rooms were and you couldn't seem to reduce the temperature despite asking. We had to have the window open which was near reception which isn't ideal.....The other issue was how clean the bathroom was..... there was a huge spiders web in the corner of the tiles and this was there for the duration of our stay. I even took a photo which I wouldn't normally do. We wouldn't stay here when visiting family again....

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2017

Handy for the M4, Severn Crossing and the beautiful Usk valley with a couple of decent eating places nearby. We took the last room available - a suite with a massive main bedroom ( complete with free-standing bath!) , huge shower room and a second bedroom with bunk beds and a cot. It couldn't be faulted for style or comfort. The honesty- basket of nibbles and drinks etc was a nice touch. The breakfast buffet was well above average. Everything was fresh and nicely presented. But be aware that no "traditional cooked breakfast" is on offer, although you can have freshly made scrambled eggs in addition to plentiful cold cheese, meats, fruit, cereals, juices etc Be aware, too, that the rates quoted are room-only so breakfast comes at an additional cost.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2017

We stayed here last December for our wedding anniversary, room are very clean and beautiful, huge parking space,Breakfast was continental with lovely fresh fruit, juice and scrambled egg, staff are friendly and helpful. Would stay again

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple