All reviews old trafford quirky hotel unusual place industrial feel rooms are basic lounge area exchange quay shower gel yogurt tram cinema statues ground stadium
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

If you are attending a concert/event at Old Trafford then this is a great place to stay. To say it is retro and quirky doesn’t do it justice. As the name says this is an old warehouse - entrance is the old loading bay and the concrete floors still have the yellow tram lines for stock movement. There is no restaurant so continental breakfast bought in but the staff have plenty of take-away menus to offer.
The rooms are smallish but clean. There was no window in our room - we knew that when we booked - so if you are claustrophobic then not for you.
As we couldn’t get into any restaurants the staff were happy for us to buy our picnic from Tesco’s and sit on the terrace (loading bay) with our bottles of wine.
As only 5mins walk from Old Trafford it was a blessing after standing all night at the concert.
Would definitely revisit

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel with my Son Jack. We used the hotel overnight whilst visiting the Etihad Stadium, ironically the Victoria Warehouse is next door to Old Trafford Stadium. The hotel rooms are quirky and without windows, which isn't an issue. Views of a main road and warehouses aren't exactly the Hanging Gardoms Of Babylon, so not a problem.
The beds are comfortable and spotlessly clean. The bathroom was immaculately clean and the shower welcoming and large cubicle. It was very quiet, no readiness at all. From the second we arrived to the second we left, the staff were very good. I used to work in a 5* hotel and wish I had Receptionists this welcoming, barstaff this efficient and friendly, when I worked for THF.
The continental breakfast, usually £5.99pp, was included in our room cost of a very reasonable £49.99 was very tasty and filling. The coffee was a little bit strong for my taste, but nothing extra milk didn't rectify. I would definitely recommend the Victoria Warehouse Hotel without hesitation and will be back on my next visit to Manchester. The Management should be really proud of the hotel, I would have been.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2018

This "Hotel" really is the worst establishment I have ever stayed in. First the positives.
The young lady with the purple hair manning reception and the bar was polite and helpful. The parking is free. OK now the rest.
The rooms are terrible. I paid £69 for a "superior" room. This means it had a window which was sealed shut by the way - please see photos. The bathroom was revolting, the floor damp and the shower waste was blocked with who knows what which means it flooded every time it was used. More damp on the wall outside the bedroom no doubt caused by the overflowing shower tray. No air con, there was some sort of air inlet in the roof which didn't work so the room was sweltering and stank of damp. Although the wifi was free there was no signal so its useless. The corridors where dark and very badly lit. There's no restaurant so you have to walk to the Harry Ramsdens / KFC across the road to get anything to eat. This place is no doubt marketed as Retro or shabby chic but in reality its just shabby and cheap. Due to the lack of wifi I passed the time by sitting in the Car Park outdoor seating area watching some "professionally" dressed ladies arriving by taxi then leaving again around 30 minutes later....
Overall a truly depressing experience.

Room Tip: Go anywhere else
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark M
Reviewed 13 June 2018

What a nightmare, booked a twin but gave us a double bed, no worries they said we'll change it when you go out. Well they did but the resulting twin beds were so narrow we were scared of falling out & couldn't relax all night. The room was like a cell & the bathroom was smelly. Left something in the room which they promised to let me know about but ignored my emails. Wouldn't stay again if they paid me!

Room Tip: Don't do it
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank maryluOtley
Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

let's start with the well documented prison cell rooms. Think they can't be that bad? They can, Even Harry Potter got better digs under the stairs than this hot pile of steaming garbage.

It's not quirky or clever, it's not hipster or alternative. It's just utter brutal accommodation.

It has close proximity to old trafford. But except that, there is literally nothing good to say about this hotel.

You walk in and are greeting by reception staff who are so disenfranchised, so vacuous, it's like they have had their soul torn from their bodies by lucifer himself.

Our misfortunate soul Told us misinformation regarding the little cinema room availability which was "booked out all night". Only for us to find it totally empty and not showing the soccer aid coverage. Wasteful, illogical and extremely grating.

It's not just the rooms are tiny, windowless and lacking any character whatsoever, they are also horrible sweat boxes. Which the management try to compensate for by giving you a five foot fan to use, so your choices become don't get any sleep cause your drowning in your own sweat or don't get any sleep because of the noise and electrical hum of a huge fan. Either way, what a horrific catch 22.

Hotel room or saw movie plot ? Cause it's more like survival horror than an enjoyable evenings stay.

Then even if you were able to get past these two brutal options you wind up with thin garbage pillows so uncomfortable i might as well have cellotaped myself to the brick concrete walls.

Ring down to reception to ask for more/better pillows? Nope NO in room phones so make sure you have charge in your mobile your gonna need it to survive the night.

Wifi was temperamental and didn't seem able to handle more than basic web pages, hardly at peak time hours either. Even during the early hours. Hopeless.

Felt like a North Korean media blackout so I couldn't report to the outside world the insufferable conditions in this Manchester death camp.

Upon check out, the women at reception didn't even care (or dare) to ask the traditional "how was your stay?" Wonder why? Could it be that she knew fine well the hellhole we had suffered and couldn't bring herself to patronise us with the question.

I'm not a fussy person, I have stayed in box rooms and small hotels the world over, I rarely complain and never leave bad reviews but VICTORIA WAREHOUSE is a special breed of rotten that people need to be warned about.

This site is about trip advising, they should advise you how much you can trip on their badly designed metal stairs that catches the heel as you even carefully proceed down them.

A hotel designed by H. H. Holmes perhaps ?

I wouldn't stay here ever again, even for free. AVOID.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family