“Exhilarating and amazing experience.”

iFLY Indoor Skydiving Manchester
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Stretford
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: We're right next to the Chill Factore indoor ski slope, opposite the Trafford Centre, and less than 4 miles from the city centre. Formerly known as Airkix and now part of the biggest brand in indoor skydiving, iFLY Manchester is the place where thrills and big smiles are guaranteed. We welcome all ages from 3 to 103, and all abilities. That's right you really can live the dream of flight in a safe, but super fun way. Come along and find out for yourself.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I went for the first time and had a great time from start to finish. It has certainly made me want to go again! The whole experience was very well organised.

We were very much welcomed by the receptionist who got us checked in and explained where everything was. It was then our turn to have the de brief. This was very clear and easy to follow. Our instructor, Brian, was great throughout the whole experience. He had a very calm and reassuring presence and was very open to questions. The actual flight was amazing and Brian had the right balance of helping but then letting me have a go by myself. He was also very accommodating when my Dad had to cut short his first flight but then let him have another go (we had paid for 2x2mins). Due to my Dad having unused time from the first flight, Brian happily let me take the outstanding time.

The hi fly experience was amazing. This is £6 which you can decide to do on your second go. This enables you to go to the top with the instructor. It was definitely worth doing.

The demo at the end by the instructor is a good touch to the experience as is receiving a certificate at the end with what you’ve achieved.

I would highly recommend this to anyone.

Customer-Care-iFLY, Guest Relations Manager at iFLY Indoor Skydiving Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

It's great to hear that you enjoyed the experience!
I'll be sure to pass on your kind comments to Brian - He'll be delighted that you've taken the time to mention him.
We do hope to see you again soon.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"safety video"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Absolutely brilliant experience for my son who flew and for the whole family spectating. From start to finish all instructors and reception staff were super friendly smiley and understanding. My son is autistic and was experiencing high levels of emotions and anxiety as he was really excited for the flight. He began to cry and the instructor thought it was because he was scared. I hardly had to explain anything just that he was autistic and overwhelmed and from there it was a dream come true for my son. Reading the very few bad reviews on here they all seem to be down to the fault of the customer. All i can say is from our experience is that it was one of the days of my sons life and we will definitely be back. Cant thank brian the instructor enough.

Customer-Care-iFLY, Guest Relations Manager at iFLY Indoor Skydiving Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thanks Sian - It's so great to hear that your son enjoyed the experience.
I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the rest of the team.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We arrived at the centre and were welcomed by a helpful person who explained what we had to do next and signed the necessary form for my son to participate. The waiting area was comfortable and there were plenty of seats for people to wait for their session as well as for people who were already spectating.

The waiting/spectator area includes a coffee shop but we didn't use this.

From the spectator area you have a good view of the participants and can watch and get an idea of what it is like before you fly yourself. When it's time for your flight you are called through to watch an introductory video which was clear, concise and informative as well as suitably pitched for a variety of ages. You then go through and are given a flying suit to wear over your own clothes. Jeans or comfortable sports trousers are suitable to wear, obviously not a skirt as it'd be uncomfortable under the flying suit.

Lockers are available to store anything from your pockets.

When you are waiting to fly you sit on a bench right outside the flying area, you are all in line and it's well organised so you all get a turn. My son was able to have his two goes plus an extra one at a discounted rate and also to add an extra where the instructor took him right up to the top twice. These were an extra £18 and were well worth it. The instructor (Fio) was attentive and provided a good experience for my son, to us observers it was obvious that he was experienced and good at assessing the skill level of my son to work out what he could and couldn't do with the support of another instructor who was controlling the air flow and amending it accordingly.

My son loved his experience and was keen to have another go as well as doing the fly high extra. We don't live near the centre but it was worth a long journey and a 6am start. I hope a centre is opened nearer to us as he'd love to go again.

We did have a problem downloading the images that we purchased and had to phone the centre, they were very helpful and assured us that this problem would be resolved; I'm waiting to hear about that.

Customer-Care-iFLY, Guest Relations Manager at iFLY Indoor Skydiving Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you for your comments Kate - It's great to hear that your son enjoyed the experience.
I’m sorry that you had to travel quite a distance to get to us. We are always looking for new locations to build tunnels and we will notify our customers if we build anymore. And, as you’ll have seen, we always position our tunnels in retail, dining and leisure destinations, in order that guests travelling long distances can make a day of it.
Fingers crossed that any new tunnels built, will be closer to home for you.
As for the media issue, if you haven't heard anything within the next 24 hours, please email the Reception Team: infomcr@iflyworld.co.uk

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We took our grandchildren aged 5 and 7 here for a birthday treat, the staff were great from the beginning including the cafe lady. Matt was the instructor and he put them both at ease, the training was informative and gave good clear instructions. The kids loved it and were so proud when they got a certificate, they definitely want to go again, but after photos, hoodies, food etc. there will be a bit a saving up before we can do it all again!!!

Customer-Care-iFLY, Guest Relations Manager at iFLY Indoor Skydiving Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for your comments Jill, it's great to hear that your grandchildren enjoyed the experience.
I'm sure Matt will be delighted that you've taken the time to mention him, so I'll be sure to pass on your comments.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

See more reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We visited as a group of 8 for my hen party and had a fantastic time! The check in process was really simple and I was very impressed with the induction video.
We were suited up really quickly and were all checked to make sure we were safe.
Steven was our instructor and he was great. He explained everything to us and really helped us get the most out of our trip. One member of the group was particularly nervous and he took the time to calm her down and show her exactly what to do.
I do wish we were given slightly more flying time, although I understand that we were on a shorter package and if you had asked me before hand I would have said the time we had was enough as I was really scared!
All in all it was an incredible experience and I would really recommend that you attend! Even if you thinks it’s scary you won’t regret it . I will certainly be returning with my husband as I haven’t stopped talking about it since I got home!!

Thank you for your comments Sarah - It's great to hear that you all enjoyed the experience.
I will be sure to pass on your comments to Steve, I'm sure he'll be delighted that you've taken the time to mention him.

We do occasionally get responses suggesting more flight time and usually for the same money. We are wholly conscious that Indoor Skydiving is a premium experience, and thus we endeavour to make iFLY accessible to as many people as possible. That’s why we have a range of experiences for first time flyers, including slightly cheaper packages with less flight time, as well as ‘recommended’ packages such as our Air-born, featuring 4 flights. Many people who visit on our ‘2 flight experiences’ do wish they’d flown for longer, hence why we heavily recommend the Air-born.

We wish you lots of good luck with the big day and we hope to see you and your husband soon.