“Great selection and quality of food”
Review of Bon Pan Asian

Bon Pan Asian
Ranked #1 of 4 Quick Bites in Hanley
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 18
Description: A FEAST FOR THE SENSES ! Over 150 Pan Asian dishes for you to discover.
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Very happy to enjoy such good quality food from a buffet style restaurant. My main interest was to try sushi for first time so wanted a selection of other food incase I did not like it but it was very nice. Also the teppanyaki was superb with fresh flavours. Next time I'm in the area I will be devouring a fair few plates of this.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Its a love it or hate it kind of place. My husbabd does not like but hes not keen on buffet food. I enjoyed it and there's something for everyone lots of choice. Staff could take a step back as do clear away plates very quickly.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

On arriving it was very busy with people standing outside and in the entrance. You pay on entrance and are handed a ticket to walk a few yards further to then get the ticket checked and handed in (like being at school). The food options were good but the overall quality was bland. I tried a Thai curry that was just a watery mess with little flavour. Whilst trying to walk around the hoarding mass of people chucking everything on there plates, not for me. Average food in a fast/noisy environment.

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

After having a disaster experience in January, after bringing a party of 7 friends here for my birthday, I decided to give it a second chance. My first experience included creepy workers stood behind the buffet starring and clearly making jokes about me or my friends appearance, the worst part about it was, there was no shame in what they were saying and they made it blatantly obvious. They also wandered around following our every move watching what we took to eat while making jokes to each other, for a group of young girls this is extremely intimidating; especially when it's late at night and the restaurant isn't very busy. Overall, we did not feel safe within the restaurant and it was certainly not how I wished to spend my birthday. I've always been very confused about Bon Pan Asian as I kept hearing good things and was told I must have just had a 'bad experience'. On arrival on our second experience the lady who we waited with before being seated was very bubbly and we had a nice chat with her while waiting, however those collecting plates etc need to crack a smile! Sadly, as we went up for food it was just as I thought. Cheap food which looks like it's just been dumped in a deep fat fryer... I really really do not understand how anyone could actually enjoy this!? The Indian curry was watered down and so was the Chinese options such as the sweet and sour, which when tasting, was the equivalent of pouring 3 tablespoons of vinegar into my mouth! Most of the food is just your bog standard greasy British food. Yes, there is the option of fresh sushi etc, but it is obvious that they are placed in locations where you are watched over to ensure you don't take the amount you like! And for the desserts, I wouldn't call Harribo and Ice cream a delicacy... maybe for a 2 year old. Also, out of these 2 visits the chocolate fountain was not available to use once. It won't be long before nobody goes to this restaurant if they don't sort their act out! Very disappointed and a waste of money.

Date of visit: August 2017
4  Thank CLW2000X
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

Lovely main courses but disappointed that you did not offer any vegetarian desserts! Not even the fruit or ice cream could be confirmed as being vegetarian by four different members of staff. Very disappointed