All reviewscape towntable mountainpaying guestseasy accessfeel at homemade us feelcarolgardenchefcatdiscreet
Reviewed 23 April 2017

Good day
I would like to just take this opportunity to thank you for the kindness and generosity you showed towards us. I requested the use of your garden as the backdrop to my daughter’s Matric Ball photos at very short notice, late on Saturday morning. Madre was very friendly and accommodating and Daniel actually made us feel like paying guests when we arrived there on Saturday evening.
Although the sunlight had unfortunately already gone when we arrived we still managed to get some beautiful shots in the garden as well as one or 2 inside.

Thank you again for your assistance at such short notice.

We appreciate it beyond measure.

Carol, Francois and Simone Neethling

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2016

WOW
Great food, Great friendly staff and such an amazing building with loads of history attached to it. Really centrally situated to shops and restaurants.
Had the attic bedroom which had a stunning view, even though you had to climb some scary stairs to get there. Overall an amazing stay

Room Tip: The attic rooms have stunning views
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2016

As always we were well looked after by all the staff. We have already sent an email to Jane explaing the improvements that we considered should be given urgent attention. These concerns refer to the fabric of the building which is visibly deteriorating since we first stayed in Highlands in2005. We plan on staying again next year and hope we will see a great improvement reflecting the 5 star rating

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank David D
Reviewed 2 April 2016

My husband and I stayed here for a few nights. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly, the grounds are beautiful and the accommodation itself was spacious and comfortable. Highly recommended. The location is perfect as it close to shopping malls in Claremont and Constantia and also near the exit to the highway to town and the waterfront.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 17 March 2016

From the moment I drove in the yard, I received a warm welcome from their staff. Their food very unique and filling. Peaceful place with a lot of history to embrace. There's also a small library if one needs to use one with lots of books to read.

Room Tip: I slept in room 10, which is upstairs with a little view of city from the bathroom window.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business