“A good find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Moody Cow

The Moody Cow
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 36
Cuisines: Bar, British, Contemporary, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Country Pub and Dining specialising in authentic, home made food using local, fresh produce as much as possible. Located in a delightful village setting just mintutes from junction 4 of the M50. Children, dogs and muddy boots are welcome as long as they are accompanied by well behaved adults!
London, United Kingdom
“A good find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

We ate at The Moody Cow on two consecutive evenings whilst staying in the area, after having been recommended by the owners of our b&b and having read previous reviews. We were not disappointed. The welcome was friendly, service efficient and the food very good. All the dishes we sampled were well cooked and well presented. Worth special mention was the Feta Panna Cotta, the Three Cheese Tart and the Steak and Ale Pie (extremely good pastry). The kitchen team, which I believe is made up of young staff, is to be commended on it's efforts. Dawn and Chris are obviously passionate about what they do and deserve to do well. We would definitely return if we visit the area again. (No plans to re-locate to Kingston-upon-Thames I suppose Chris?).

• Visited April 2012
ChristopherBurgess, Owner at The Moody Cow, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, we are delighted that you enjoyed your visits to us. Our young, enthusiastic chefs love to know when they have done a good job and all of them, from our head chef to our apprentice chef had a hand in creating the dishes that you enjoyed.
It would be lovely to see you again, but at the moment, I am sorry, we have no plans to move to Kingston-upon-Thames, far too much to do here at the Moody Cow
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Herefordshire
“My Wedding Buffet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

i know my dad has already written a review about the buffet we had, so I thought that I should also comment about the outstanding food which was very much enjoyed by everyone .(especially the beef) so a BIG thankyou to all the Moody Cows kitchen staff you did a great job. My husband (LOL) and I had a wonderful day,
I want to thank Chris especially as he is so friendly and welcoming and nothing is to much for him, a real people person unlike some.
We did have a few communiction problems but Chris still managed to keep me calm and all was perfect on the day.

• Visited March 2012
ChristopherBurgess, Owner at The Moody Cow, responded to this review, 20 April 2012
Thank you so much for your lovely feedback, the kitchen team were really thrilled that you enjoyed our food and Dawn and I are very happy that you enjoyed the Moody Cow experience, we all wish you and Martin a long, healthy and very happy marriage.

Best wishes

Monmouth, United Kingdom
“Great Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Went for lunch with friends after being recomended by my my parents! Great to find a local pub serving really good food and beer with great service. Will be back. One slight complaint, no dressing on the salad, a pet hate of mine. But a great lunch none the less.

• Visited February 2012
ChristopherBurgess, Owner at The Moody Cow, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Thanks for your review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your experience at the Moody Cow but I am disappointed that your salad wasn't dressed, we should dress all our leaves, usually we use oakleaf, lollo rosso and curly endive and dress them with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar, it seems that this didn't happen in your case. I will discuss this with our chefs at our team meeting later today.
Thank you for letting me know, and thanks once again for your kind comments.
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Lisa's wedding day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

We held Lisa's Wedding reception at the Moody Cow and I have to say that Chris and Dawn put on a splendid buffet. The food was excellent throughout nad the service from the staff polite and helpful.Everyone commented on the food especially the beef it couldn't have been better anywhere else and I shall be seeing you again when I am next down in Ross.Thank you once again for a most enjoyable day.

• Visited March 2012
ChristopherBurgess, Owner at The Moody Cow, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, all of the team at the Moody Cow worked very hard to ensure that we played our part making sure that Lisa had a memorable day, and we enjoyed every minute of it too.
It was a privilege to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Moody Cow when you are next in Herefordshire.
Kindest regards
Staffordshire UK
“Best cheese tart I have ever eaten!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

We happened to be driving through the village at lunch time when we spotted this gastropub. We were a little unsure whether to go in as we were dining out that same evening and it was more a restaurant than a pub but the saving grace was that they served smaller portions of some of their main dishes. Our food was absolutely excellent, brilliant chips and for me the best ever cheese tart (with superb draught cider). A very lucky find!

1 Thank davidandhilary
ChristopherBurgess, Owner at The Moody Cow, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Thank you very much for your review, we are delighted that you found us, and enjoyed our three cheese tart. I hope you don't think of us as a "gastro pub" though, although our food is prepared freshly, using the best ingredients we are still a pub, I love it when we have a battered old Land Rover (like mine) parked next to a shiny new Bentley!
Hope to see you again very soon, and thank you once again.

Kind regards