All reviews wye valley country inn lovely beer garden ham egg and chips pub lunch lovely inn full english breakfast warm welcome twin room fishing trip excellent food great pub pie an overnight stay beautiful building stayed for nights well worth a visit
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I travelled down to Goodrich with a friend of mine for a 4 day fishing trip. Due to the low water levels and hot weather the fishing wasn’t brilliant but the reception we got on our return each afternoon was fantastic and made our break.

Alex and his team welcomed us each night with friendly smiles and a cold pint of nectar.

The Hostelrie sits in Goodrich, a quite village very close to the Wye in some of the most beautiful countryside that you will find anywhere.

Will I go here again? Damn right I will.

Many thanks to you all. See you soon.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2018

I recently met friends there for lunch on a Sunday, the food was ok but nothing special and quite expensive. There were numerous dogs there under tables etc that you had to be careful not to trip over them. I asked for an espresso coffee to finish off my meal but they don't serve espresso I don't think I will return

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 19 June 2018

had a wonderful overnight stay here last week. All the staff are very friendly. Stayed in twin room "Huntsman" nice and clean. We had a delicious evening meal and breakfast was made with quality ingredients (no supermarket sausage and bacon!) thankfully. Highly recommend, can't wait to return one day.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Swissmisstraveller
Reviewed 15 June 2018

My husband and I are frequent visitors to the Wye Valley for his regular fishing trips. We have eaten at The Hostelrie on these visits since 2013 (I think that the present landlord may have arrived shortly before this) but never stayed before. This visit was an out of fishing season birthday break for my husband. We were not disappointed, the same excellent service, friendly welcome, food and beverages awaited us plus a lovely room to retire to at the end of a busy day and dinner! Breakfast was plentiful, although there is no 'menu" as another contributor has observed the "Full English" was one of the best I've eaten. Good quality produce and cooked to order so served fresh and hot, no buffet here and worth the short wait! We will be back. See you on 2 Sept for your delicious roast!

Room Tip: We stayed in Coppett, which was a superior room at the end of a corridor which only had two rooms leading off it so very quite.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KarenDouble
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

We were a party of 7 plus 3 under 5s. The pub was not busy. We were handed one menu. One of us asked- "could we have another menu?" The response was - "what's the magic word?". I only wish I had thought to say "Customers".
Anyway after that things got much better and we very much enjoyed the food. The chips were the best I have eaten for a while and the steak sandwich satisfyingly delicious.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family