Gorda Springs Resort
US$ 182
  • Restaurant
US$ 1,687
SmithHotels.com
Bernardus Lodge & Spa(Carmel Valley)
US$ 574
US$ 439
Carmel Valley Ranch(Carmel)
US$ 487
US$ 443
US$ 443
US$ 419
US$ 249
Carmel River Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
US$ 211
US$ 161
US$ 208
US$ 158
Official Site
Coachman's Inn, A Four Sisters Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
US$ 240
US$ 226
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 January 2012

ABSOLUTELY LOVED this hotel. The best hotel I stayed in. I dont think it was over-priced at all, not for the location and beautiful scenery. Nothing for miles, on a cliff edge, so so beautiful. We stayed in one of the motel rooms above the general store (there's only 3), the rooms were a bit rustic, dipped bed, old furniture - but it really didn't bother us, as the scenery was so lovely. We crossed the road to a tiny clearing, and sat on one of the rocks over-looking the Pacific and watched the sun go down. One of my favourite places, would go back here in a heartbeat if I could.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank UKX
Reviewed 30 December 2011

We stoped here without reservations and ended up getting the last two cabins available - Palm and Garden. Garden was just ok, smallish but with a whirlpool tub. Too bad the water disappeared from that room at some point in the evening and came back on with loud noises at 6 am. Palm cabin was big, with a kitchen sink and fridge and a few dishes, a table and a fake fireplace. And awesome views. Grounds are lovely, they have 3 goats, lots of flowers, stairs and verandas and benches. Restaurant food is blah and expensive. Drive another 30 mins to ragged point for an excellent meal at a similar price.
Overall, we were ready for a motel 6 but got views, cute and personality for 125+ tax. Would stay again.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 28 November 2011

Add to the awful, overpriced food in the filthy cafe: fraudulent business practices. Specifically, the itemized bill INCLUDES their tip charge. This is unusual, and certainly presumptuous for a party of 2. But wait. When you give them your credit card, they return with two slips, but not the original itemized dining bill. The two charge slips specifically state "total BEFORE TIP" and then state the total that, according to the original itemized bill INCLUDES the tip. So, unless you are paying close attention and notice that they've already included the tip in that amount, you're going to tip them again. To add insult to injury, you'll be tipping them on the tip they already charged you for their crappy food and service. When I called the hostess on this, she blithely advised me to "just put a zero in the tip blank on the charge slip." Put a zero in this business.

Room Tip: Don't go here.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
9  Thank 206dvr
Reviewed 14 September 2011

This cafe was absolutely filthy.
The server wiped the table with the same cloth she used on the chairs and floor. A man came to collect the dishes and his washing up bowl was really dirty. The cutlery was dirty. The kitchen was just yuck - food all down the outside of the bin. The toilets were unclean - "hair" all over the place - and dusty too. Certainly not that day's dirt either.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank SallyBuckingham
Reviewed 29 August 2011

I booked a room here for a 3 day weekend with my wife, when we arrived we were greeted by a group of hotel employees standing in front of the door to the store where you check in smoking up a storm, after making my way thru the cloud of smoke I was able to check into the hotel, I had requested a certain room and the room they wanted to give me was not the one requested, however they did change rooms when I requested they do so since they all seemed empty, the first night was hell between the smoke wafting up into our room and the noise from the generator next to the restaurant below and the Road noise we hardly slept, I would have left right then and there but all other resorts were booked for the summer, I requested a different room and was given a cabin that sits back from the road and is somewhat secluded, this was better but its very Rustic which was ok for me at this point, we then found out the WIFI connection was not available in the cabin and we would have to go down to the restaurant if we want to Internet connection on our laptop which most of the time didn't work. oh yeah and have I told you the water was non potable and we had to buy water at the store, to be honest they did give us a couple of bottles free, but still a big hassle to shower, and brush your teeth and not swallow water, all in all it is not a place I would recommend to anyone, as I titled this review ,keep moving nothing to see here. Oh to be fair if you are hungry do stop at the restaurant they have a killer chef.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple