Post Ranch Inn
US$ 1,330
US$ 182
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Bernardus Lodge & Spa(Carmel Valley)
US$ 615
US$ 580
Carmel Valley Ranch(Carmel)
US$ 778
US$ 665
US$ 747
US$ 695
Quail Lodge & Golf Club(Carmel)(Great Value!)
US$ 394
US$ 277
Travelocity
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 327/night.

Carmel River Inn(Carmel)(Great Value!)
US$ 210
US$ 166
US$ 252
US$ 242
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
1,189 results
All reviewssierra martree housepacific suiteinfinity poolupper coastglass of champagnethe cliffworth every pennymini barupper butterflytreehouse roomocean viewhot tubstocked fridgeheaven on earthbucket listcrackers
Reviewed 20 August 2012

My wife’s and my three nights at Post Ranch Inn were magical. We had an “Ocean House” room, which is a standalone structure with a forever view, and my attached picture shows just a slice. There isn’t a sign of civilization from the ocean-facing private back patios, and our third day a doe and her two fawns were feeding 20 feet from our sliding door. From the moment you arrive, it’s a “ten” service experience, beginning with complimentary French Champagne or regional wines of your choice. Check in was quick and painless. Our hike on property through the redwood groves was serene, and we had more deer sightings. The buffet breakfasts are also amazing in one of the most beautiful and romantic restaurants we have seen, which is also where lunch and dinner is served. Dinner on property, while expensive, is world class and the wine list is a blow away—it was just rated in Wine Spectator the week we arrived! All mini bar items, including daily fresh baked cookies, wine and more French Champagne, are included in the room price. We made the mistake of bringing two bottles of wine from our cellar, which we never drank! We went off site for dinner to the Big Sur Bakery, and had a day trip into Carmel—both are not to be missed. The rooms are 20 years old and rustic, with incredible wood and stone design details, and no televisions. What I didn’t understand were other Trip Advisor reviews listing Post Ranch Inn as “terrible.” If you are in the mood for an urban, active vacation with marble flooring and opulent common areas, Post Ranch Inn isn’t for you this trip. Post Ranch Inn is the place to chill, read and let your eyes and mind wander, for a romantic getaway or special occasion.

Room Tip: The ocean house rooms are worth every penny. The rooms north of the restaurant are the 20 year old ones, and are awesome!
4  Thank DavidMarino
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I read the views before coming here. It is hard to imagine unless you stay here. We stayed in one of the ocean view rooms for two nights. The entire inn is a collection of small buildings housing 1 or 2 rooms. They have the most unusual architecture. Made out of wood, stone and metal, they truly have an organic feel. The sense of serenity was unparalleled. We went on a nature walk with Dava and loved the feel of the property and she was able to give us a wonderful orientation. The fog comes up the cliff in the morning but the hotel is above it all. Feels like you are in heaven. The stars at night are not o be missed. Went to the hot tub after dinner. Truly remarkable. The staff are extremely attentive and helpful. A very magical place. Great breakfast is included as are snacks and wine in room. I'll review restaurant separately. Would return without question. Do the ocean side if you can, but would stay anywhere on property.

Room Tip: We stayed in lower room ocean view. The only downside is that you can hear the people walking above you.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Handsrgn
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Without doubt the best hotel I have ever stayed in. We incorporated PRI as part of our recent honeymoon and we were suitably taken aback by everything. Nothing is too much trouble - the staff are amazing. I mentioned to my wife that I would need to head out later and fill the car up as I'd noticed a garage down the road - the staff wouldnt hear of it - and organised it themselves. The room ( we had a tree house) was incredible, the food was gorgeous and the setting and other guests were just lovely - so relaxed and none of the loud obnoxious types you so often find in hotels in this price bracket. 10/10 for everything - book it! You won't regret it!!

4  Thank CJJamieson
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Bring your platinum card. Stayed in new , spacious suite. No need to worry, older suites are classics. All views are unique. Killer breakfasts.
Good massage in room. Dinners outstanding. The free Lexus tops it all!

Room Tip: Wide range to fit all BIG budgets.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Zforall
Reviewed 10 August 2012

Of course this place is ridiculously expensive...or at least that is what I thought before I stayed here. But I left feeling I got my monies worth. The staff are so nice and achieve the balance of providing anything you want without being intrusive. This is truly one of the most remarkable places I have stayed. Stayed in an ocean house in the older, north side of the property. I see other comments that suggest staying on the newer south side. Can't recommend one over the other but the north was great. The house was so small and comfortable. Windows that overlook the pacific, a great fireplace, a window seat, a small outside patio. So tranquil. The soaking tub on the north side is much more peaceful than the one on the south. Had dinner at the restaurant one of the 2 nights and it was spectacular. Breakfast is also there and is included. Joined a yoga class which was great. Such a wonderful place to spend a special occasion or when you need to take some time off from the world.

Room Tip: Go for one of the ocean rooms. You know you want to !
4  Thank RobfromPA