2 people have started booking this hotel
Booking.comUS$ 266
eDreamsUS$ 266
TravelocityUS$ 266
14,936 results
All reviews diamond club splash pool sports bar zen restaurant butler service hunter steakhouse gourmet marche caribbean grill presidential suite tex mex ocean view kids club guest services dinner reservations family vacation main pool buffet restaurant
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 March 2021

From the bellman who demanded a tip in my room (travelling solo with a small roller, it was extremely uncomfortable--I said I don't have pesos--he waited with his hand out and said we take dollars), to the horrible theme song on replay on the TV to the buffet worker who treated me like I was stealing a salad, things are just off.

The head chef Juan witnessed the latter incident, and assured me it was not how guests were supposed to be treated. He took my room number and said at each meal, a chef would come check on me. It was a kind offer to remedy my embarrassment, but beyond that night, it did not happen.

I ordered breakfast to my room; an hour later I called to check on it, and they said my order was never put in and breakfast was over. Room service quality overall was like airplane food. Bad.

Housekeeping never did wipe down surfaces, but they managed to grab my white button down shirt. I presume it got picked up with the towels, but the staff made no effort to look for it and guest services repeatedly asked where I lost it...um taken from the room is not lost. What was lost was my paperwork at check out, so despite being no line, it took 30 minutes to check out.

Best thing about this place was Christian, the tennis instructor. Beds were comfortable too. Otherwise,, I would stay closer to Puerto Morelos and eat at the many wonderful local spots as I have done in the past. I really wanted to like this place and bring my family, but based on my lone experience, I cannot say I will return.

Date of stay: February 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
General Manager, General Manager at Royalton Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2021

DearWnderlustAyesha
We appreciate all your comments and we are truly very sorry that there were aspects that you did not enjoy on this vacation at Royalton Riviera Cancun. I will certainly be taking action on due to improving our services based on all comments you have made into consideration and on your next visit, we will be ensuring that all items will be fixed.
Luxury Regards

Reviewed 9 March 2021

Hotel was dirty in all areas, poor quality food, awful bar selection, is all super cheap alcohol, they even save in a grose selection of beers, only low quality beers, not even heineken, draft beers tasting like water, vegetarian options are lame, i had a room service vegetarian burrito and it was all a massive flour tortilla wraping some lettuce and tomato, called several times to get another minibar because it wasnt working, couldnt get cold beverages, very hard to find a cup of coffee in the morning, most rooms dont have a coffee machine and getting a coffe every morning in the caferteria was a very upseting line experience, i had stayed here before because of work situations and this time was worst than ever, overall is a low quality hotel charging a 5 star service fee, mediocre beach and grose architecture.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2021

My stay was fabulous everything was on point and nice. The staff was all very kind and willing to help when needed. The restaurants was like dining at a five-star restaurants were like dining at a five-star restaurant

Reviewed 8 March 2021 via mobile

Here right now and could not go a minute longer without posting. So we booked because the price was right and the reviews I read were decent. However, we have been here two days without our room being cleaned, or any fresh linens. Have called multiple times for more waters and essential things only to be told ‘let me check on it’ (after being tipped), for absolutely nothing. We upgraded when we got here to a deluxe family suite. DO NOT waste your money. Worst service we have ever experienced in Mexico. Staff is not concerned with making things right. Poor hygiene noted throughout resort, servers noted touching raw meat and placing raw hamburgers on grill then serving condiments on hamburgers without washing hands, wiping dirty hands on aprons and then continuing to serve cooked food. Everything at this resort is cheap and broken. You get what you pay for. Keep looking. Beach full of stinking seaweed. We have been to dozens is resorts in Mexico, this is the absolute worst service we have ever had.

Trip type: Travelled with family
General Manager, General Manager at Royalton Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2021

Dear Trenstsmom07
Thank you for bringing your comments. As you still at the resort please contact our Guest Service team in order to assist you with your concerns.
Luxury regards
Alfonso Lopez

Reviewed 7 March 2021

The staff was very friendly and helpful, the food was great and the room had everything we needed including things we wouldn’t have thought of. No matter what we needed, they was a helpful solution by very polite staff, who checked on us often to make sure our needs were met. Thank you all. A special thanks to our waiter on the beach, Gulliermo. Sorry if I spelled it wrong.

Dear dasilva290
It was a pleasure to welcome you to our hotel and to know that you had a lovely time with us. Your satisfaction and well-being are our utmost reward and motivation. It was an honor to be your host during your family's holiday. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Royalton in the near future.
Luxury Regards,