15,012 results
All reviews lazy river chez isabelle lobster martini bar the grill flavor market sol bar spa view barcelona restaurant club pool room service our honeymoon french restaurant las olas club level michael jackson show swim up room
Reviewed 17 July 2017

This was our 5th time back to Excellence Riviera Cancun and the BEST trip yet. The level of service better than ever! Loved the attention to detail....pillow menu, mini bar stocked with our preferences, quick room service, remodeled rooms, extremely clean, delicious restrauants. We felt like every aspect of our vacation was taken into consideration. Food was amazing and wait staff was friendly and courteous. Over the top experience and can not wait to go back!!!! Suggestions....we prefer our room cooler at night (68 degrees) and the A/C struggled to keep up at times.

Room Tip: We choose a room on the 4th (top) floor of building SPA4. Our view was of the lazy river and spa...quiet, private feel.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stephallen013
Reviewed 17 July 2017

I very much enjoyed my stay at Excellence - overall the experience was a great one. My only disappointment was that the resort is located on not the prettiest stretch of beach as are the hotels in the hotel zone.

2  Thank TrinaDi
Reviewed 17 July 2017

This resort was amazing. The rooms were big and clean with beautiful views.

We never had any problems finding chairs or spots to relax in. We loved how there were different pools depending on our moods. A party pool near the Blue bar. Quieter areas near the lazy river. We loved when Eva was serving our section, she was friendly and amazing. The beach was our favorite spot from watching the sunrise, to going sailing, kayaking or paddle boarding.

The spa was fantastic. My husband felt like Morgan Freedman was going to appear at any moment. We loved the hydro therapy.

One of our favorite things we did was going on the bike ride with "Lady Gaga." We had a blast, learned a lot and we loved getting to see the local stores.

This resort is worth every penny. The staff is kind and attentive, and the facilities are beautiful.

1  Thank Paige L
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Just back from a 5-day stay at Riviera Cancun and haven't been this relaxed or felt this pampered in years. The facilities, amenities and staff are all "excellent". It's only a 20-minute drive from the airport.
I splurged this time and booked the Excellence Club swim up junior suite with an ocean view and it was all I hoped it would be. The room was beautiful and well air-conditioned and the bed was amazingly comfortable; slept like a baby. The patio had a spa tub and comfortable lounge couch for those times when I wanted to sit outside and relax or read but not directly in the sun for a bit. Next to the patio was a hammock that was great to lay in just as the sun was setting. And next to that was a full day bed right next to the side of the pool which easily holds two people and where I soaked up the sun each morning before taking 3 steps and sliding into the pool. The bar staff was great about taking drink orders and walking around the pool to bring drinks even when I was sitting on the patio. I don't think I can have any other room now - became too spoiled.
I was solo on this trip for the first time in many years. This is an adult-only resort which is great for peace and quiet which I wanted this time around. I met a lot of friendly couples but just note that I think there was me and one or two other solo travelers during my stay so if that makes you uncomfortable or feel lonely, then you may want to choose a different resort. There were lots of honeymooners and anniversary celebrations and I saw 4 weddings during the week. Love was everywhere and why not in a place like this. I enjoyed seeing and meeting some of the many happy couples.
I can't comment too much on food as I only visited 4 of the restaurants but what I did have was good and there was always plenty of it. For this trip I borrowed the line from the movie Tombstone - "What makes you happy? Room Service!" Every meal I had from room service was excellent and my longest wait was 30 minutes. I really liked the "X Box" as they called it, which was a little closet to put all your dirty dishes in so you could clear your table and they could pick up the dishes without disrupting you.
Gentlemen - Make sure to pack a pair of long pants if you plan to eat at the restaurants for dinner. I missed that in the fine print and just didn't know since it was my first time at an all-inclusive. You can buy a pair there but it will cost you $100 and they only come in one length.
The shops and nightly entertainment were also great and I really enjoyed the Cuban cigars - they really are the best.
Pack water shoes also if you plan to swim in the ocean. There is a lot of sea life literally within inches of the shore including crabs that bury themselves into the sand and will pinch you if you accidentally step on them. I was lucky I saw them first and I caught some great video of a couple of them. There is natural seaweed that accumulates on the shores but the staff does a great job or clearing it each day.
Also pack bug spray as they have a few mosquitoes and small flies that like to bite but I wasn't bothered by them at all with a little bug spray.
On the business end of things, calls from your room to the US and Canada are free but my wifi in the room was a bit spotty all week.
Excellent resort and excellent people - hope to be back again and I highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Excellence Club rooms come with several nice amenities and are quieter. I personally loved the swim up room.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
5  Thank ramck50
Reviewed 17 July 2017

I took my boyfriend to Excellence Riviera Maya for his 50th birthday. We had the most wonderful vacation!! I have not one complaint. The property is beautiful and so well maintained. The rooms are gorgeous! The cleaning service in the rooms is impeccable. Each afternoon when they clean your room they leave rose petals on the bed, restock your mini bar, and they make towel animals!!!! The service throughout the resort is an 11 if rated 1-10! The staff is super attentive and kind. The gym has everything one needs and even the classes are great. We took a yoga class with Cris and it was super challenging but we enjoyed every min. We loved the resort so much that when we went to book an excursion we decided to wait until we return for our next visit (which will hopefully be very soon) because we only had 5 nights and we were having such an amazing time. Also the food is top notch for an all inclusive...so many different restaurants to choose from and the quality was so much better than what you would typically find in an all inclusive. Great for couples and groups! We will definitely be back. EXCELLENTE'!!!!

Room Tip: seems like all the rooms were great
1  Thank Tracy C