“STAFF and the RESORT had EXCEEDED ALL EXPECTATIONS”

Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
GreenLeadersGold level
Dallas, Texas
“STAFF and the RESORT had EXCEEDED ALL EXPECTATIONS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2012

We I vacationed July 5th for 5 nights.
The PROPERTY has 90 suites and none less than 1100 Sq Ft in size and all oceanfront. The grounds are beautiful groomed to a “Tee” with a landscaped with a wide variety of fauna. WILDLIFE. A mammal we saw three times is called a white-nosed coati (Nasua narica), per wiki. The iguanas are free to roam and are abundant. The cockatiels are caged while the parrots and macaw parrot are taken out of night cages to roam the walks and climb to their day perch. They have their own addenda.
The ROOM we had, Marbella, (with plunge pool) was impeccable. Housekeeping service was 3 times a day. The housekeepers wear beautiful white uniforms with pink trim and never missed a beat for needs or wants. The beds are firm but a pad is available upon request. Linens were pressed and soft as ever in the French made coverlets.
The POOL seems to be main activity area and is more than ample in size segregated into three areas with a separate fourth whirlpool area. The temperature was near say 84F degrees. I am not sure if it heated in the winter months. Perhaps this posting may get a reply from guest services as to pool heating in the winter months. Lounges and umbrellas were our favorite respite. We did not venture to the salt water pool, albeit inviting to the eye.

The GUEST: What struck the most pleasant chord was being able to approach other guest and visit and converse. The small size of the property and low room count and low head count put us a first name basis with other guest and we were pleased to see them daily and saddened to see then depart. This has not happened to us at other large resorts we have stayed at in the past Perhaps the patrons are seeking quite time, as we were, and we had plenty of that. No piped in music, no D.J, pool side and no obnoxious behavior. This, take note, is not a “party palace”. Thanks for that.

The FOOD: Culinara I like to eat. I like to eat three times a day. The AAA FOUR STAR restaurant La Conoa is wonderful. My compliments to the kitchen chefs and staff. You have my accolades. My personal best is towards the all important sous-chef saucier. The menu is a good balance of choices and your server will explain each item, in detail, upon query. Did I say I like to eat? The WINE CELLAR: Our tour of the wine cellar was eye popping. Oenophile’s come on down!

The STAFF: I have stayed in a fair share of high end resorts and hotels and dined at some notable restaurants. Before the compliments I can only assume Mr Gosselin, from his life experiences and travels realized to have the best guest experience is to have the best staff in service. I was always spoken to by name or greeting. Each encounter was a akin to step back in time when “in service” was (and still is) an honorable trade. My take is that this staff was hard to get, selected, well trained and aptly supported by the supervisors. From the muscle of morning pool set-up to the end of the day shut down the men at the pool are a nonstop blur. The wait staff at Canola never faulted. Dressed in black slacks and tailored white service coats their walking gate, table hand work is a simple elegance. Staff was not only gracious to the guest but also to each other. Never a raised voice, never a whine. The STAFF made our stay such a wonderful memory.

NAME GAME: I am unable to recall all the staff names but to name a few: Alejendro, master of mixoligy at the Hippo Bar, makes great mudslides, chocolate martini’s and more. Be sure ask about his new baby girl, now say 3 months olds. Miguel, number one to me for pool service. Very pleasant, nice to speak with and attentive to details. Edwardo, )the big Kauna) at La Conoa is sure to make your dinner a memorable one. His guidance and experience with the gust and staff is clearly a value to the “experience”. Jorge at Knaxx was as well as attentive to detail and very pleasant and informative. Concierge service by Perla was fun. She laughed when I wrote “dull” for our interest on the service card. ….and I shall say it again: The STAFF made our stay such a wonderful memory. (remember the M&M candy)
PRICE: There is an old saying: “you get what you pay for”. I have, for many years now, had a tendency to
splurge on occasion. This so called splurge perhaps has ruined me as the standard have now been set to a new level. We all have shopped online for cars, homes, spouses and just about everything else including vacations. A wealthy man I am not. I priced five night trips, at other resorts, to the Riviera Maya substantially less expensive. For me it is not about saving money per se. The price paid, I figure, was not to be disappointed. My parents, back in their day, always returned from the Greenbrier longing to return.

AWARDS: Zoëtry Paraiso de la Bonita Riviera Maya has earned the prestigious 2011 AAA Five Diamond Award. The recognition marks the seventh consecutive year the property has received the Five Diamond rating, the longest streak in Mexico’s Riviera Maya region. There are many, many more laurels and the awards that are posted all bottom of the main page on-line website.

OVERALL: One few occasions I take the time to praise or complain in an open forum. Life is what gives and goes. In this case I have taken a few weeks to collect my thoughts, missing our time at Zoëtry Paraiso de la Bonita. My conclusion is, that on day three of my five day stay, is that, perhaps the best compliment this writer can give is that the STAFF and the RESORT had EXCEEDED ALL EXPECTATIONS.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank WCoyoteDallas_Texas
info_zopdb, Social Media Coordinator/E-Concierge at Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Dear WCoyoteDallas_Texas ,

We are overjoyed to read this amazing review about the memorable experience that you have enjoyed during your stay. Thank you for your time to share it.

It´s an honor to know that we have exceeded your expectations with our food selection, grounds, and most important, with the staff friendly service, every staff member mentioned here will receive your special thanks.

We can´t wait to welcome you back soon.
Kind Regards,

info.zopdb@zoetryresorts.com
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (690)
  • Korean first
Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

Simply said, " Heaven must be like this".
This is a small, intimate resort which my husband & I loved. Very peaceful & serene. A totally relaxing place to go. From the time we arrived at the airport, it was first class all the way. Everyone goes beyond making sure you are comfortable, our driver, the concierge, Alain, saw us to our beautiful suite & every need. The staff at the pool, Carlos (Charlie Boy) kept my husband comfortable under the umbrella & hydrated every day. Eric on the beach set the cabana up & chairs with towels, whatever I wanted. Our maids & turn down service EXCEPTIONAL. The restaurants here are superb, no buffets here! This resort really, nothing compares. Only negative thing to say is the sales pitch for the time shares in the AM Resorts, they offer resort credit for sitting through it, not for us at all. We didn't do it, we don't want to take away from our vacation. Personal preference I guess, It would've ruined it for us had we had to sit through it. Just trying to be honest here. Our excellent waiters, too many to mention, one stands out as Jonna, he made me the absolute perfect martini. I absolutely had tears in my eyes upon leaving. So not like me! If your looking for a lot of bars & noise, this is not the place i'd recommend, try Secrets or a larger one. This is ABSOLUTELY in a class by itself.
I've missed my family & glad to be home now, but next time we will stay longer than a week. Zoetry, thank you! We miss you already.

Room Tip: Ours was perfect. All ocean front so hard to say.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank jimette
Dear jimette

We would like to thank you for your preference and for your time to share this review with your stay experience, your feedback is very important for us.

We are very honored to know that you have enjoyed the relaxing ambience which distinguish us and also the exceptional staff service, Alain, Carlos, Eric and the rest of the staff will be very motivated to know about your kind comments.

We will be waiting for your next visit to this paradise.
Sunny Regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

Away from the action fantastic place to relax so hassles great service food highly recommend Book all excursions with Douglass he is well advised and will take good care of you . And his staff on the excursions are very attentive to your needs exspecially franceso Go and enjoy paradise

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank Tanyavinny
Dear Tanyavinny,

It´s an honor for us to know about the relaxing and peaceful time you have spent in our paradise. Thank you for your time to post this review.

Thank you for your kind comments about food selection, staff service and wellness activities.

We will be waiting for your next visit.
Warm Regards,

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

we spent a week in AUGUST 2011 and have returned a year later thinking that we could never recreate our finest vacation. The service is still friendly and impeccable. The food is truly gourmet which is surprising for an all/inclusve. The alcohol is also top notch. Plenty of daytime activities if interested, the poolside concierge is very helpful. Very serene atmosphere with no sense of crowding or excess noise. I enjoy the heated salt water therapy pool with the powerful massage jets. Also like the daily morning Yoga sessions. There are more children here this year but they are well behaved.

Room Tip: closer to the lobby //just as quiet and less walking
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank marc p
Dear marc p,

It was a privilege for us to have you back home this year and to know about the amazing time you have spent with us one more time. Thank you for your time to post a review.

Thank you for your kind comments about the food and the service, we will continue with this great work.

We can´t wait for your next visit.

Sunny Regards,

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

My wife and I went here for our honeymoon. It was amazing. We were originally supposed to stay at the Tides but we switched a the last minute because of some construction there. This was the greatest stroke of providence. We absolutely loved Zoetry. Our room had an amazing view and was much larger than someof the other resorts we considered. The beach was nice but we sat by the pool and enjoyed the quick access to the bar and restaurants. All of our servers were so kind, as were the pool men. Our favorite foods were the guacamole at the grill, the chocolate saboyan, the Cornish hen and the breakfast (way better than the room service) at the restaurant. Enjoy!

• Stayed June 2012
5 Thank Sam T
Dear Sam T,

Thank you for your preference and your recent visit. Thank you also for your time to post this review about your stay experience.

It´s an honor for us to know that you have tasted and enjoyed our food selection, thank you for your suggestions of dishes for other travelers.

We will be waiting for your next visit.

Kind Regards,

4.9 km away
Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
3.8 km away
Royalton Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

Been to Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK