“Honeymoon Bliss”

GreenLeadersGold level
Charleston
“Honeymoon Bliss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

This resort is absolutely the definition of luxury. My wife and I took our honeymoon here and loved every second of it. The pickup service at the airport made us feel very welcome and started off the vacation on a very good note. The service throughout the week was fantastic. Everyone at the resort was always saying hello, smiling and offering to help with anything we needed. There were three specific employees that made our stay exceptional. George at Kaax made our evening amazing setting up special dining and always making us laugh. Jimmy at the Library bar is a must visit. This man is a magician behind the bar and an all around nice guy. Miguel was a superstar during the day. He was constantly making us laugh and feel very welcome. The rooms at this resort are breath taking. Our rooms was the Gajner and it was beautiful. My wife was moved to tears when we first arrived. The marble bathroom with tub and walk in shower, the raised bed, and the sitting area outside were fantastic. The food was also exceptional. Everything from the outdoor Grill Chingrito was amazing and I highly suggest any steak. Kaax for breakfast was amazing starting the day with fresh fruit and any type of fresh squeezed juice possible. We had one night at the fine dining restaurant that was not the greatest, however the following night we tried again and had much better luck. One extra bonus is that all the menus have the calories, and breakdown of the sugars, fat, carbs ect. My wife and I are health nuts and loved this. All around this resort is amazing and we hope to visit again. We thank the people at Zoetry for a fantastic honeymoon.

Room Tip: All rooms are Oceanfront and have fantastic views. Some rooms are further from the restaurants, but...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank ZFerg
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (690)
  • Korean first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

This was my first stay at an "all inclusive" resort, and any preconceived ideas about what it would be like were quickly dispelled- this place was unbelievable. The property is immaculate and so well maintained; the staff - and I mean EVERYONE- were polite, friendly, super attentive and made you feel like you were staying a friend's home. I love the fact that even with only 90 suites, you had 3 different restaurants to choose from, each of which you order off of a menu (not a single buffet ANYWHERE!), and if you wanted something that wasn't on the menu, no problem. The portion sizes were perfect, and it's the fist time I've ever seen a hotel/resort actually list the nutritional information for each menu item/dish. The grounds and rooms are beautiful with super comfy beds and really good bed linens (a must). I would stay there again in a heart beat, and hope that I have the opportunity to do so!

Room Tip: I went with a girlfriend, so we asked for 2 queen beds, and stayed in "Izmir", which was l...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Bunky415
Cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

I would like to start of by saying "WOW" what an experience!! My husband and I are still talking about what a Great time we had at "Zoetry".This was truly one of the best places we have ever been! We have stayed at "Atlantis Cove" in the Bahamas.The 'Caves' Negril Jamacia which we thought was upper scale (which by no means-were) But those places could never compare to the atmosphere and warmth we felt from the staff. As far as the food it was "incredible" prepared in such a unique way and some of the tastiest dishes ever! If you are looking for a little piece of "heaven and serenity" this is the place to go!! I would like to give a special "thank you" to Peppy,Charlie,and Louis for treating us like a "Queen and King" for a week.Everyone was so kind But the special things you done for us will always stand out!! An "Amazing Place".

Room Tip: My husband and I stayed in the "Bangkok" which was considered an upper room.We had a beaut...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rhonda K
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

Ok...you're read reviews before from shills that tell you everything was perfect and from folks that complain if anything goes wrong and give a 1 or 2 star rating. I'm not one of those extremists. I'm going to tell you like it is (we're still here)...coming from someone who's been around this part of the world. I'll break it down in the areas that are probably most important to you in making your selection...ok, I guess they are MY most important criteria, but that's all I know!

ROOMS: clean, BEAUTIFUL...and I mean BEAUTIFUL. Luxurious. Ocean view...ALL OF THEM...full frontal sea-views...not "lean-over-the-balcony-and-you-can-see-some-water"...REAL seafront rooms. The bed was awesome, great TVs and minibar. Bathroom was AWESOME...we had the Alwar suite...outdoor shower...very cool. I don't know anyone who wouldn't LOVE this room.

STAFF: Service was simply awesome. From the poolside service to the restaurant service, they get it. Although neither my wife nor I speak Spanish, they made it seemless for us. Eric took care of us every day at the pool..except when he was off, when he handed things off to Carlos, which was also outstanding. Alejandro (who's going to have a new daughter in a few weeks) made us feel right at home in the Hippo Bar. The room service staff who brought breakfast are smiling and in some cases SINGING...yes, singing...it brightened our day!

POOL: Awesome...very few I've seen can compare.

BEACH: pretty from a distance, but we didn't hang out there, so I won't comment.

FOOD: Exceptional. Service was outstanding, wine selection was great and food selection was very good.

VALUE: I think it is a very good value for a honeymoon or an anniversary vacation (as it was for us...#13)

If you want a smaller hotel that has all the luxury of a Ritz Carlton, this is it!

If you choose to come here, you won't be disappointed.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: Alwar Suite!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
11 Thank JamaicaMon2006
naperville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

We arrived at this beautiful resort and everyone was welcoming and attentive. Our room was large and very clean. The pool was great, Miguel was amazing!!!
Unfortunately the food and service in restaurants was horrible. The tuna tasted "fishy" the salad was dry and they could not communicate all the time. We were sitting for 20 minutes at a time with no interaction from staff. I became extremely ill the last day we were there and was ill for a whole week upon returning. I could not stop vomiting and having diarrhea. I have contacted the resort and they do not return my calls or emails. We were expecting with a "wellness" resort we would not have to be concerned about water, lettuce and ice but I absolutely would if you are planning on staying here. Again the people are nice and resort nice but restaurant service and food is not.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank kristie s
info_zopdb, Social Media Coordinator/E-Concierge at Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Dear kristie s,

On behalf of all our Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita staff we would like to thank you for your time to share your stay experience and comments, this is very important for us in order to have your feedback in our opportunity areas and take the corresponding actions immediately.

We are overjoyed you enjoyed our pool, your room and our staff service, specially from Miguel, he will be so excited to know you enjoyed his service and we will make sure he receives your kind comments.

We regret to know we didn´t meet your expectations at our restaurants, it´s important to assure you that we have very high quality standards with our food preparation of light, heart-healthy and vegetarian selections with an assortment of organic food, and all of our restaurant staff has a very high knowledge of these standards. We will make the proper actions and follow ups with our Chef of all of your comments. I would like to have more details about your e mails, would you kindly contact me at: info.zopdb@zoetryresorts.com

We look forward to have the opportunity of hosting you again in our paradise so we can provide you a truly remarkable experience.

With Kind Regards,

4.9 km away
Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
3.8 km away
Royalton Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

Been to Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK