My husband and I stayed at this resort from march 23-30th 2012. The grounds and staff were amazing as was the food. A lot of babies around but they were all well behaved. The resort has a very tranquil spa feel. We stayed in a delux suite, which was perfect for us. We initally planned to upgrade once we got there but we were quoted $800 for the new suites, frankly not worth the extra as we viewed 3 and decided our origional suite was great, it was in villa 3. There was construction right beside our room the last 2 days which was really bothersome when we tried to have an afternoon nap. I would recommend staying away from that side if your going there soon unless your not a napper. We really enjoy renting a scooter and touring around but this option was not available nor were there any sailing options. You will have to book an excursion to leave the resort as you cant even walk out of there (your in the jungle) but they are all day affairs and we like to be able to come and go as we please. We did however take a trip to Playa del Carmen which is totally worth it, it was an express trip from 4-8 pm with a shuttle. I recommend going at this time as it cools off around 4:30pm. All in all, we enjoyed ourselves but wouldnt probably go back to the Mayan. Ive also been to Cancun and would recommend going there due to transit service if you like to tour. Finally, be very careful in the sun, especially if your fair, I spent 3 days of my trip in agony and unable to sit in the sun. The burn was so bad my both legs and feet swelled up and all of this happened after I applied spf 50. Just limit your first day to 30 minutes laying out or you will be so sorry!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Azul Beach Hotel is a family-friendly, boutique-style property located on a gorgeous beach 20 minutes from Cancun International Airport. All of the newly renovated 148 rooms are just steps from the beach, pools, restaurants and bars.Featuring the Gourmet Inclusive® concept, epicurean offerings include candlelight dining on the beach, a fresh fish fry and butler service to the canopied beach beds. There’s an all-lobster menu, 24-hour room service and over 30 tequilas in the tequila lounge.Azul Beach especially caters to families with young children with loaner baby equipment, kid's club and parent support. The exclusive Family & Friends Vacation Planner coordinates family reunions. Romantic couples love Beachfront Sky Massages and Suite Scenes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Beach Hotel, By Karisma Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Azul Resort All Inclusive Beach
- Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya Puerto Morelos, Mexico
- Azul Hotel Beach Resort