I have just spent 9 nights at this hotel 20th Feb to the 29th Feb. With my husband, 3 year old son, and extended family.
We were shown to our room which was 1437 fairly near to the lobby. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a sea view room. The rooms are very nice. Large with a lot of space. We had a balcony, however if the people in the room next door, were on their balcony, there is not any privacy.
There was not a bed for my son when we arrived, so I called reception and they said they would put a roll away bed in the room for us. We went for a walk and when we got back it was there. Very good service.
The hotel grounds are lovely, kept very clean and tidy. The only thing we did not like were the rocks which played music!
The pool area is nice, there are three pools to choose from. The children’s pool, the infinity pool with a swim up bar and another pool which had an inflatable rock which children could play on. The children’s pool is large. My son enjoyed many an hour playing in there! There are cabanas around the pool area, which are a nice touch.
We enjoyed the restaurants. Breakfast was fantastic in the world cafe. It seemed very busy at the weekends but during the week it was much quitter. We also had some very nice lunches at this restaurant, You could get anything here from a salad, pasta or fish to traditional Mexican food.
We ate at the Seaside Grill for both lunch and dinner and it was very good and it was nice to eat out side. Lunch times you could get a sandwich or burger with fries. In the evening you could get a tuna steak or surf and turf.
We had a meal at the Himitsu which we were all a little disappointed with as none of the meals had any spice in them.
We had a couple of meals at the El Patio, again both very good.
My parents baby sat for us one night so we could go to the Bordeaux restaurant, unfortunately we were disappointed with our meal here. We felt that it was quite over rated.
We all felt that by far the best restaurant was the Italian Portofino, we had two very good meals here, the restaurant manager came and spoke to us after our meal which we thought was a nice touch
The beach was lovely, you got a nice breeze on the beach. The white sand is so soft. I only swam in the sea a couple of times, as there was lot of seaweed! However the hotel do their best to clear it from the beach.
We all had a treatment while staying at the hotel. The spa is wonderful. When you have a treatment you can spend as long as you like in the spa. There are nice loungers, 3 different hydrotherapy pools, a steam room and a sauna.
I did find this hotel noisy at night. Our room was near to the lobby and every night we could hear the music. It did stop by 2300, but you could still hear people shouting and moving around the hotel. We did not ask to move as I do not think it would have been quieter anywhere else. If you were closer to the beach and pool areas, then you would get the noise from a wedding party or a function around the pool. Again this did stop around 2300, however it was the noise of people moving around the hotel late at night which woke us up. The weekends were the worse for this as this seemed to be the times when most weddings were held.
I would also recommend that you ask for a room on the top floor. All you could here were the people above me moving around. Every time they moved a chair in their room or on the balcony you could hear it. Very annoying!
If you want a quiet time away I would not recommend this hotel especially Thursday to Monday, when big groups came in for weddings.
My Mother took my son to the zoo which is on the main road as you turn down to the hotel. They had an excellent time and would really recommend it. You have a guide who takes you around and you can feed all the animal’s which have been rescued from around the area.
Unfortunately I had to visit the doctor while I was at the hotel. I just want to say that she was wonderful.
Overall we did have a good time
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Dreams Riviera Cancun takes its personality from its incredible location — just 30 minutes from the "hot" excitement of Cancun yet right on the "cool" Caribbean close to Playa del Carmen and many other of the Mayan Riviera’s most sought after sights. Most importantly, it is an enchanting wonderland where families, couples, singles and friends enjoy all the pleasures and privileges of Unlimited-Luxury® where everything is included. Your whole being will relax immediately, surrounded by our large sun-dappled swimming pools and a sugar white sand beach. To this, add lush tropical gardens and of course, our fabulous palm-filled beach. Your day and evening activities range from exciting to purely relaxing — with plenty to do for everyone including endless land and water activities, a world-class Dreams Spa by Pevonia and fitness center, nearby golf and much more. "Home" features the uniquely shaped octagonal room or suite, beautifully appointed with a private balcony, marble floors and full marble bath area with Jacuzzi tub and dozens of other luxury amenities and conveniences that anticipate your desires and fulfill them instantly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort And Spa
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa Riviera Maya/Puerto Morelos, Mexico