All reviews kids club low season family hotel table tennis water slides kids buffet mini mart royal pool pool access room ping pong happy baby eat free great resort breakfast buffet thai food the ground floor young family
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

I’m currently staying at the sunwing, with 2 days left on my stay.
I absolutely cannot fault this hotel.
It’s a quiet time of year to visit, but we like it that way.
The rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable, the beds are the comfiest of all hotels I’ve ever stayed in.
The pools are beautiful, with something for all the family.
Buffet breakfast is great with lots of choice.
The staff are absolutely amazing. So friendly and helpful.
We’ve had a few personal hiccups with my mum falling ill and the staff here have been so helpful and accommodating. From helping her seek medical attention, and even moving my family to another room so we could be closer to her.
It’s been a wonderful stay here and we’ll all be sad to leave! But, we will be back!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Edissa R, Customer Relations Supervisor at Sunwing Bangtao Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear michib29,

Thank you for choosing to spend your family holiday here in our resort!
Thank you again and appreciate your excellent review.
It pleased us to hear that you left satisfied with what our resort has to offer especially, the comfy room.
We will definitely share your kind words to our team.

Wishing your mum a fast and full recovery.

We look forward to seeing you again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

We loved this hotel & would definitely go back.
The rooms are perfect for families
The pool areas are really nice
The beach is amazing
The staff are lovely
The food is really good & reasonable prices
Plenty of other places to eat & drink near by as well
I was shocked at how good the breakfast was compared to other places that we stayed

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Edissa R, Customer Relations Supervisor at Sunwing Bangtao Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear Danieljames78,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your wonderful feedback.
It pleased us to hear you loved our place and everything it has to offer.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another rewarding holiday experience with us.

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

I booked this bargain for about $107 per night choosing the Royal Pool Access room. The room are large Very modern and very clean with a big fridge microwave toaster kettle tv hairdryer etc.

I’m not sure if I can mention the Australian online travel company I used but got such better value than using the resort website or any other online comparison.

Huge buffet breakfast included with plenty of Thai dishes noodles and fried rice along with bacon eggs pastries pancakes cereals cheeses salads juices coffee etc ,,, we also got 3 free dinners. Plus vouchers worth over $20 per day for drinks or more food...

There is a mini mart onsite which sells beers and breezers for your room cheap about $2 but wine and bubbles is very expensive A bottle of passion pop at $55 instead of $4.99 is a good indication of the price of wine around here.

Dinners are good here with lots of expected Thai dishes along with fish n chips burgers pizzas and a particular mention of the lamb chops we had last night Delicious!

This is obviously low season with I reckon no more than 50 people here although the weather is a gorgeous 26-30 degrees It’s rainy season so it might bucket down for 20 mins in the afternoon.

The staff know enough English to get by but most guests are Russian French and Scandinavian

Unfortunately the beautiful white sandy beach is spoilt by rubbish we reckon probably still washes in and out from tsunami years ago. This hotel does clean their section of the beach though. you can walk both directions to beach bars and Restaraunt without being harassed by hawkers

The taxi is about $35 to airport or Patong beach

I’m still here for a few more days. Highly recommend the Royal Pool Access room as I’m writing this review from the pool drinking one of the $2 mini mart beers

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank WONKSTER

Dear WONKSTER,

Thank you for choosing to stay here and for taking the time to provide us this detail and wonderful feedback. We are happy and proud to hear you found our place to your satisfaction.

It has been raining a lot this season and it causes debris and rubbish to wash ashore. Indeed, our hard working team though clean up the beach area in front our resort daily and as well we do participate in beach clean up activity.

Thank you once again and we hope that you will return and enjoy with us again your well-deserved time away from home.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

We just spent 10 nights in this great resort. I booked a deal using Scoopon which gave us 10 nights in a pool access room, return transfers, breakfast daily, 2 meals for lunch or dinner in their restaurant, in room Wi-Fi, 2 free beers or soft drinks a day and late checkout. It was fantastic value for money.

The booking process was really easy, a lady called Rodalyn replied to any of my emails or questions within 5 minutes, great service. The transfers were on time and easy to find.

The pool access room was fabulous! So nice to have your own deck chairs and be able to sunbake in relative privacy. There is also a table with chairs that’s undercover to sit. The room itself was clean and spacious. A nice large lounge which part of it converted to a bed for my daughter. I liked how the main bed had 2 separate doona covers, no more fighting with the husband for it! There was a large fridge which was great for storing your own things in. The room also came with quite a few free drinks for us as well. There was also a toaster, microwave and mini kitchenette which was handy. Towards the end of our stay we did notice the room was starting to smell musty. I think they may well have a damp problem or the air conditioning could need cleaning, it would explain why we noticed any vacant rooms with all doors open so they could air out.
The bathroom was clean (no bathtub) and had the usual amenities. The only downside was the water temperature. In Australia there are laws regarding how hot the water temperature can get to, obviously not in Thailand. We are so lucky we didn’t let our 9yr old go unsupervised or she would have ended up with hospital grade burns. Once you turned the shower on it took up to 5 mins for the hot to kick in and when it did, oh boy it was SCALDING. I can’t stress enough how dangerous this was. I have no idea if this was just our room or all of them, but be warned!

The resort has a number of pools to choose from, there is something for everyone. The kids obviously love the waterslide although I’m not sure why it’s necessary for it to close between 12-2 daily?
It is also located right on the beach which is beautiful but not swimmable. You get a card to collect your towels at the start of your stay and you are only allowed to change them once per day which is a little painful especially with children since they are in and out of the water all day and often we had to make do with wet towels. You should be able to change them as often as you like. The towel station also closes down during the middle of the day which is also annoying.
Kids are really well catered for. Lots of activities, teen club with movies and ping pong. Discos, etc. Very well organized, lots of staff catering to this.
Having said that, there is no real information in the room regarding any of this, it is all on your phone when you log into the Wi-Fi. So if you had no Wi-Fi then you were probably clueless.
The room also had no information on the actual resort either. No mention of room service or restaurants, etc (I will go into more detail on food later).

There is a minimart on site which is handy but expensive. There are numerous 7-11s and money changers within walking distance of the hotel.

Food and beverage is the single biggest let down at the resort.
Pool bar – has a good range of cocktails to choose from but they serve them in nasty disposable cups with straws! Ironic considering they proudly display their array of recycling bins on the grounds.
The only food on offer from the pool bar is toasted sandwiches. You can’t use cash to pay here, credit card or room charge only. There was only ever one person working here and they do not offer any service from around the pool, you have to go to them. It would be much better if staff were roaming asking if you wanted drinks or food (and something better than toasted sandwiches). This is a missed opportunity for the resort. I also had the pool staff try and deny me use of one of my vouchers because he couldn’t read the date on it. As if I’d be there with an expired voucher?

Breakfast – while at first we thought it was a great selection, after 4 days of it we were bored. The egg station offers premade omelets, scrambled eggs and fried eggs sunny side up. That’s it. They don’t cook to order, if you want an egg over easy they take it from the Bain Marie and put it back on the grill. No omelets to order is a letdown, especially considering at any given time I counted up to 6 chefs working in the kitchen. No poached eggs.
There are a selection of juices – orange / pineapple / apple / water / milk / chocolate milk / lemon water. That’s it, it doesn’t change. Lots of different teas to choose from. Coffee you can get from wait staff or use their machine, it doesn’t matter which you choose they are all disgusting. And I’m not fussy with my coffee, I drink it black so find any is usually fine, but not here, it’s gross.
There is a good selection of breads to choose from. They have seasonal fruit which again, the choice never changes, which is boring after a few days. Would have been nice to see passionfruit, mango anything different, and we knew these were in season because we saw them at the local markets! They have a salad like bar also. Again the same every day. They do have an allergy corner with some gluten free.
Their Western & Asian hot food offerings alternates every couple of days but again between the same few things. Western – potato, potato, potato and hash browns, more potato. BORING. Nasty chipolata sausages. Cooked tomato and baked beans every other day. The Asian food always had rice and alternated between fish/chicken and pork with vegetables. Nice enough but after eating lunch in the restaurant we realised it was the same as the breakfast on offer, so it felt like we were being dished up leftover breakfast slop or vv.
They are really strict about no takeaway from breakfast, which is fair enough as you’re not supposed to do this, but I thought a little harsh to pull up my 9yr old and stop her from taking a cup of milk back to the room!

Lunch / Dinner – at the time we stayed Fino was shut so the only option was where breakfast was served. They offer Thai and Western food. The Thai food was OK, nothing to rave about, the Western food was average at best (and expensive). I don’t recommend it. I won’t go into too much detail because if you read any other reviews of the hotel most people savage the food here, maybe the manager will listen soon and do something about it. Basically it’s overpriced, not well cooked and uninspired.

A lot of the staff were quite lacking in basic English which I would have thought was at least necessary for working in an international hotel. One lady who served us at lunch only grunted and pointed at the menu. She was actually quite rude and off-putting. We did everything we could to avoid eating here.

Other food options – Pine Tree, directly across the road. Excellent food and service, highly recommend. 100THB in a taxi will get you to Bang Tao where there are numerous other options. We had good meals at The Siam Mumbai (Indian) and the Beer Garden. Both had lovely staff with good English and great service and food. The mini golf down the road also does really good pizza and they will drive you home in their golf cart!
Even the hotel next door has a great menu (not cheap though) and far better offerings. They also have an even better waterslide. Worth sneaking in for a try!

There is a hut right on the beach where you can get massages and hairbraiding. The ladies working in here are so lovely and prices are pretty much the same as if you went into Bang Tao. I give them a 9 out of 10! I'd give them a 10 if you could charge to the room (it was cash only). Highly recommend.

The Resort had a good range of nationalities staying there, Australian, French, Russian, German & Chinese. As always the Chinese are loud and annoying and oblivious to it.

Would I recommend the hotel? Yes I would, it was great value for money. Would I stay here again? Probably not, I’d try somewhere new next time.

Room tip: Pool access rooms are fabulous
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for just under two weeks and absolutely loved every moment! We checked in and was met with a welcome drink and the most polite staff, then we were shown to a fantastic room that looked out over one of there lovely pools. I know some of the photos make it look a bit old but they have had a make over. And the place couldn’t look any better. The food in the restaurant was lovely although do your staying all inclusive then it may be a bit of a the same thing every time but well worth it. Huge selections food for breakfast and drinks were also cheap. Very relaxing atmosphere even with children running around. Most of all want to say how amazing the reception staff were especially Christine she was amazing!! Definitely made our holiday, full of helpful tips and just so lovely!!!

Date of stay: August 2018