“Bottomless Tequila?”
Review of Balboa

Balboa
Reserve with OpenTable
Balboa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I met a friend here for brunch but the draw was the bottomless mimosas. Unlike most spot that start you off with a 50/50 blend then taper the champagne down with each drink, this place actually brings the bottle to the table! I was impressed! Needless to say, three bottles later I was "bubbly". I ordered a simple breakfast of poached eggs, bacon and dry toast because I have this thing about eating ethnic foods that aren't prepared by people of said ethnic background.
Pet peeve aside the place was nice and they have 135 different types of tequila. They offer tequila flights as well so you can try a variety. Seems like it could get crazy here!

Not so humbly submitted,
Michael C

Reviewed 5 March 2018

The menu has a nice variety of tacos and small plate stuff. The food was great, the staff was very nice and accommodating. We spent a little north of $80 for tacos, 2 sides and 2 drinks each. I wish there was higher end wine selection to compliment the higher end tacos.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

I've only been to Balboa once -- on a Monday after work. House margaritas are 1/2 off on Mondays. :) My margaritas were just how I like them -- really tart! And delicious. The salsa trio is good if you want to try a few different dips. I would definitely go back for the pork belly taco. The pork belly had a nice crispy, caramelized exterior and the cabbage and chipotle mayo went nicely with the pork belly. I can see how parking would be a nightmare but I lucked out and got a spot on the street right in front.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Stopped here before a concert at the Schott. Loved the drinks and service was great. Order a bunch of apps to snack on which was perfect. Chips and dip yummy!

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

Came here before concert first time and the staff was phenomenal with drink recommendations in food. Came back after the concert to get more drinks because they were so good. Live 30 minutes away made date night I must hear in the food was still as amazing when we came the last time along with the drinks. Highly recommend everything on the menu. The infused tequilas are amazing and when you mix a few like the spicy and blueberry half and half great drink