“Very friendly staff, with overall just minor "buts"”
Review of Guillem Hotel

Guillem Hotel
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Encamp
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We stayed in this hotel for skiing holidays in Feb 2013, family of three with a 9 year old child.
Overall the impression of the hotel is very good. Guillem is a larger friendly hotel with easy access and good facilities.
The staff at the hotel organised the ski-school and ski-passes for us, there is also a discount for ski-rents in an associated shop next to the slopes - the service at the hotel was great, especially because we could pay for all the things (ski rent, lift passes, drinks) in one go, at the time it suited us and without queues!
Rooms are large - we had a separate bedroom for adults, TV, sofa, extra bed, two small balconies - great. All furniture and fittings, the floors and walls are in a good state of repair and are clean. Public areas are clean and nice, small bar for a late evening drink and a "common room" with a fire place add charm and value.
The wellness facilities are not bad - there is a Sauna, a Turkish Bath, Hot and "not too hot" water jacuzzi as well as a swimming pool. All usable by children and adults alike. The sauna is quite small (sits about 6) for such a large hotel.
We had breakfast and dinner there (a la carte menu with starter/main/desert). It is OK. Unfortunately "just ok". Breakfast is "what you would expect" - full English + the standard continental buffet. For the dinners I would wish more salads and "healthier choices", the mains were always two fish and two meat dishes, usually accompanied by pasta or potatoes.
It is MUCH farther from the lift than it looks on the map - you will have to take the "train" to the slopes; it runs every 10-15 minutes, but you might miss one at busy times: there are just too many people trying to get to the slopes on time for ski-school.
If we are going to Andorra again, Guillem will certainly be on our list of places to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms in the "Building #1" are closer to the bar & restaurant, Building #2 has direct...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Max W

Reviewed 11 August 2012

I often travel with my four year old son as my sole companion, I often find hotel receptions can be very frosty when they see me coming, howerve, the staff at the Hotel Guillem couldn't of been kinder. They played with my son while I booked in, then helped me carry my bags to my room.

The room was incredibly spacious, with huge cupboards and very clean, the decor was unusual (picture Autum leaves) but on reflection, a nice change from some of the more sterile hotel rooms I have stayed in over the years.

I was somewhat disappointed by the lack of a bar fridge or tea and coffee making facilities however, this seems to be quite common in European Hotels. The restaurant was excellent and very family friendly, the surrounding area was quiet and peaceful in the evening. The Hotel is located on the edge of a plaza and if you choose not to eat in the hotels restaurant there are a number of local restaurants within a five minute walk.

Another super plus to the Hotel is it's kid zone, sometimes, it's nice for children to have their own area to go and play, my son had a lot of fun making friends with other children and playing on a huge jumping castle that had been erected for a wedding party.

The spa is fantastic, my son and I had a wonderful time playing in the pool and relaxing, they didn't have rules plastered on every surface like some hotels and they tended to trust to the parents common sense.

This hotel is one of those little gems that you sometimes come across, I I happily recommend it to families and couples alike.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank FoxDylan
Reviewed 6 January 2012

31 December 7 January 2012, fabulous new year dinner , plenty of food, great staff , would reccomend for 100 %

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Odolsky
Reviewed 17 September 2011

We love this hotel. Excellent service and personal, top-quality food, clean and warm rooms. We staied there two times and hope to return again. The stop bus is very close 2 min by the hotel. I don't want to recommend this hotel as I want to keep it for ourselves)).

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank NinaRoz
Reviewed 9 August 2011

This hotel has been our home for skiing holidays every year since 2001 (we missed only one year where we were too late and regretted badly to have chosen another hotel!). The rooms a light and spacious, loads of hot water to have a bath (important for skiing holidays) and as a hotel guest you have free access to the swimmingpool, steambath, sauna and 2 big whirlpools. The breakfast is great, so is dinner (we always book half-board). Outside the hotel you can catch the little train hat brings you to the big lift from where you have acces top 200 km of nice slopes.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank HelloBalou
Also consider these accommodations in or near Encamp
0.3 km away
0.3 km away
Hotel Paris
Hotel Paris
#7 of 15 in Encamp

Been to Guillem Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK