All reviews parlor suite walk in closet master bedroom living area washer dryer full kitchen cold weather individually owned condos nice kitchen romance package wedding guests off season jacuzzi tub stayed nights enjoy the view view of lake michigan room was large
Reviewed 6 August 2018

We celebrated our 50th anniversary there. It is a little overpriced for what you get. Rooms definitely need tlc. They seemed short staffed if you had any requests but were very friendly. It was a fun area to be in and we had a great time.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank lsutkwoi
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Worst hotel stay experience of my life. There’s now a/c in my room, it’s 87 degrees inside the room, the faucet doesn’t have running water, there are no windows, the front desk isn’t open between midnight and 8, they refuse to give us a different room with working a/c. I woke up at 5am drenched in sweat unable to fall back asleep and unable to call the front desk to bring me water since no ones there.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Max N
Craig S, General Manager at Bay Harbor Village Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2018

Dear Max N,

I want to apologize for this experience and this absolute anomaly. The majority of our A/C units have been upgraded over the last few years. Even though we clean and inspect every room prior to our guests' arrivals, this unit must have malfunctioned after our inspection. Typically, we would have our "on call" maintenance director come in at any hour to fix such an issue, but I again apologize that this did not happen. We have since trained and coached our front desk team on how to follow through on future issues or challenges.

Your card has been refunded in full, and I would certainly welcome the opportunity to talk to you about this further. I would also like to speak to you about a potential return visit. Please contact me at craig@bayharbor.com or at 231.439.2421.

Craig Stolzenfels

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Spent three nights in this very beautiful part of Michigan. The surrounding terrain, lake view and trendy downtown shops all added to the charm. Overall, this was a great place for accommodations, though a touch high in price. That said, there aren’t many cheap places to stay in this area so considering that, it was acceptable. Inquire about the total price for the room when booking. In addition to hotel fees and taxes, there is also a resort charge of $63, which drives up your per night price. Not sure what the resort fees are for as there’s an outdoor pool but little else resort like. If there are other resort perks, we weren’t informed at check-in.

We were fortunate to check in early as our suite had just been cleaned (supposedly...more on that below) and were very happy with location and decor. It had plenty of stylish furnishings and accents that made it more like a home than a hotel suite. Plenty of space to spread out and included a Murphy bed and pull out sofa (though we never used the latter). Apartment sized laundry appliances were found in a closet, which would be suitable for extended stays. A fully functional kitchen was present with most of the necessities (appliances, cutlery, dish ware etc.). The master bedroom was spacious and included en suite and walk-in closet. Power bars were located inside the top drawer of the bedside tables, which made for convenient recharging of devices. The bed linens were of fine quality and the bed itself was comfortable. During our stay, it was quiet within the building; if anyone else was staying there, we didn’t hear them.

What follows are the subtle flaws that drop if from being a five star rating. Primarily, cleanliness. The room was “surface clean” but is in need of a deep, deep cleansing. Only traffic areas got any attention and the layers of dust below tables, under dressers and in corners was very evident. Under the bed and sofa was just hideous. We found wayward Cheerios and a forgotten laptop charger left behind by the previous guests. I doubt many hotels move around every piece of furniture at every check out but it was clear this place needed it, especially when it’s easily noticeable. The bathrooms had that ground in dirt on the floor that just made it look unpleasant. A good scrub is all it needs to be more presentable, particularly for such a fancy place. We mentioned it upon check out but all we got from the worker was a nod and a few blinks.

Other flaws to note: while you benefit from a beautiful view of the lake, you also over look the loading area at the back of the hotel. Delivery and garbage trucks making their early rounds might interrupt your slumber if you’re a late sleeper. There are light-blocking drapes for the balcony doors but just Venetian blinds for the bedroom window, which means light pours in come morning. The shower pressure in the master bath was strong but came out in four jets; great for massaging the scalp or back muscles but a little harsh on the face. They use softened water so you continued to have that slippery feel after your soap was rinsed (doubt there’s a solution for that but it was less noticeable with body wash compare to bar soap). Lastly, the kitchen could use a set of dish towels. They provide almost everything else so it’s surprising this isn’t included.

Flaws aside, we were happy with our stay and would like to return next summer.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Canada27

Dear Canada27,

Our entire team appreciated your positive feedback, as well as, your recommendations on how we can improve our rooms and our property. We pride ourselves on our standard of cleanliness and on our timeliness of our cleaning. Our Director of Housekeeping and I have addressed this shortfall of our standards. We apologize for not meeting your expectations in this regard.

Thank you for stating that we will likely see you again next year. Please call me directly when you book, so that we can do something special for you upon your return.

Again, thank you for sharing, as our daily improvement is imperative to our guest satisfaction.

Craig Stolzenfels

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Shopping and two restaurants within walking distance. The room was huge...full kitchen, dining area, living area, half bath, murphy bed, and master suite. Only negative was the old style TV, but we didn't watch. The harbour was nice and the bar/restaurant was a blast. Plan on coming back again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2018

I have always loved Petoskey, but Bay Harbor has swiftly taken its spot as my favorite place in the world! The town is so quaint with little boutiques and restaurants lining the bay. It is very reminiscent of the East coast! The Bay Harbor Village Hotel puts you right in the middle of the action! I have stayed here many times (at least 5) and each room has exceeded my standards. On one occasion, I mistakenly asked for 1 bed, when I needed 2, and the staff was very accomodating and quickly found me a larger room at no charge! My family enjoys summer weekends here, regularly. The pool is so beautiful and you can watch dreamy yachts roll in and out. With two bars in the village (and a couple restaurants in the neighboring hotel), we had dinner and drinks each night and were able to walk back to the room without having to fuss with a taxi! I love this hotel so much, that our closest family and friends will be staying here for our wedding next summer! Fabulous resort!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family