2 things must be improved to make it a good hotel for groups.
1) No Wifi. Stayed here already twice for 2 nights and there are always excuses as to why the WiFi does not work. I think it never works and the hotel advertises 24 hour WiFi. Nowadays people expect it, especially if you stay more then one night.
2) Bus cannot arrive easily to the front of the hotel if at all. This is easy to fix. The hotel can ensure private cars do not park in the last turn of the driveway leading to the front. This is easy to do but not done. The alternative of parking in the parking area downstairs is bad. Garbage at the entrance, one cargo elevator which must be disactivated so people dont take it and get scared and one other elevator which is very small. The hotel must solve this problem.
3) Other then the above the hotel can be a good hotel for groups in terms of rooms, restaurant, view of the sea. Reception service in the morning was excellent, at evening ok with a sour face.
Hope the above is fixed so I can be happy to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Centrally located between Bari and Brindisi airports, Barion Hotel & Congress is a modern 4 stars hotel, offering its hospitality both to business travelers looking for relaxing and friendly ambiance during their business trips and curious leisure travelers looking for a strategic base to explore the enchanting land of Puglia region. Barion Hotel & Congress is a short ride far from the very centre of Bari city and from the central railway station and offers clients a privileged access to the main panoramic highway which runs along the Adriatic sea connecting all Apulian cities. Barion Hotel& Congress offers 95 rooms dislocated in a main building facing the Adriatic sea, all equipped with modern furniture with complete facilities including bathroom with shower, WI - FI connection free, satellite television , Pay Tv, direct dial telephone, minibar, hairdryer and safe. Tasty local menus mixing the flavors of Apulia dishes with Mediterranean cuisine are daily proposed by the chef and served at the cozy restaurant with the charming atmosphere of the brand new sea-view terrace. Buffet breakfast is served at the Roof Garden where clients can even enjoy an enchanting view of the Adriatic sea while sobbing their cappuccino and crunching fresh biscuits and handmade cakes. The modern Congress Centre offers seven meeting rooms with natural daylight and equipped with the latest technology, with modular sound-proof panels to accommodate a number of participants ranging from 10 to 270 seats. Depending on clients' needs it is possible to arrange coffee-breaks, welcome cocktail, buffet lunch and dinner. Our professional multilingual staff is at clients' disposal to customize the offer, to optimize the costs and the standard of services required. Free spacious guarded parking area for cars and GT coaches is also available . Thanks to the Hotel privileged geographical position, all Unesco sites and tourist centers of Apulia and Basilicata are easy to be visited: Trani, Castel del Monte, Alberobello, Ostuni, Castellana Grotte , Lecce and Matera are all at least 2 hours far from Barion Hotel& Congress, which represents the ideal 4 stars hotel to allocate your groups in Apulia. Transfer and guide services are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Barion Hotel & Congressi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.