“Fabulous location if you're working in Newport” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa

Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Llangybi
Hawarden, United Kingdom
“Fabulous location if you're working in Newport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

Stayed here for an overnight when on business in Newport. What a refreshing change from a city centre hotel. Fabulous location, huge room, great pool and gym and excellent restaurant. Staff very helpful too.

• Stayed September 2011
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank ChampagneLiverpool
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
West Midlands
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2011

Brought up locally but living in the Midlands we stayed just for one night as I had business in Newport. We had been to a cousin's wedding there 12 years ago - so thought we'd try it again. My wife enjoyed her afternoon in and around the pool. Bedroom was large ( two double beds ) and it had a large bathroom too. Very clean all round, the bathroom could do with an update and with the carpet being taken up in there ( Hotel Inspector always says this ! ) and replaced with boards. Tiles a bit grubby and taps past their best. bedroom too would look better with stripped boards? However beds were comfortable. We ate in the restaurant - good food - and breakfast too was lovely - full English for me! It appeared to me that when I had actually engaged with the staff they were lovely but perhaps they could do with a little supervision ( it woud have been nice to see a Restaurant Manager sort of person around ) They seemed a little remote and perhaps could be a tad more attentive in the restaurant ? I think it's just a training issue - which would result in a bit more "verve" ? Check in and checkout were fine - this hotel is in a lovely spot and with a bit of a re-decoration generally ( bar and restaurant a bit dark and foeboding for me personally ) and small investment in staff it would be back to a winner. All said I would return again no problem.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LHMS, CEO of Lester Hotels at Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 31 October 2011
Thank you for your review and I certainly take your comments on board. We have refurbishment ploan drawn up and are just waiting for agreement from the bank to plan this in.

I will mention to the Manager your comments about training when I am next at the hotel, and I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your time at Cwrt Bleddyn.

Kind regards

David
Worcester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

We got married here 9 years ago and I celerbrated my 50th 2 years ago. Could not fault anything. It was my Husbands 40th on the 1st September so back in March I booked a spa day which included Hot stone massage. On Friday 26th August I contacted the spa reception to be informed that the beautician doing the hot stone treatment had left but we could have another treatment instead, as everything else was booked we went along with the offer. On our arrival we were greeted by the beautician who explained that she would be doing our full body massage. My Husband sat by the pool whilst I had my treatment. It was an 1hr 40 min treatment inc full body brush followed by body scrub and massage. I explained that I have tension in my shoulders and that could she concentrate on this area for me, Parts of my body was missed e.g knee to thigh area, stomach and chest/neck area 3 important parts of a womens body that needs looking after, the pressure of the massage was very mild. My appointment was at 11.am and by 12.30 I was back on the pool side feeling that it was o.k. My Husband was called 11.50 and again he was back by the pool side by 13.10 like me feeling quite disapointed. I then noticed for the following 2 hours the beautician spent her time in the gym talking to other members of staff, our appointments had been cut short by 25 minutes in total and we could not understand why she had rushed us when she had no other person in after us. We then sat by the pool side for the rest of the day. During our poolside relaxation we both noticed that no member of staff came into the pool area to check things and that from the time of our arrival/departure there was plastic cups thrown on the floor and nobody had picked them up. We have very fond memories of the Hotel but have been left feeling very disapointed on this occassion

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Steve1234186424
I am sorry that your Spa Day was disappointing and regret that the specialised training for certain treatments means that if the therapist leaves we have to retrain which obviously takes time to reach the required level of expertise.

I am disappointed that you felt your treatment was "cut short" and that no one seemed to be checking on things in the pool,arewa and will bring this up with the team.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to write a report.

Kind regards

David
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

Stayed for two nights - Thursday & Friday in late August as a get-away for my partner's birthday. Agree with an earlier reviewer that the staff - certainly on arrival - seemed a little off-hand. The much-vaunted Champagne Bar was perhaps a little off the mark. I had to check I was in the right plac e, especially when asked if I'd like "beers, wines or spirits". No Champagne Cocktails and no Cassis for a Kir Royale. A tad under 14 quid for two flutes of average bubbly. Dinner in the restaurant was OK if a lttle lacklustre. Bedroom: had to fix the wardrobe door as it wouldn't shut and it - as well as all the floor except the bathroom - creaked as soon as you looked at it. Pity anyone below us. Again, as per previous reviewer, bed was very soft and on both nights there were wedding receptions. The courtyard below our window was indeed the gathering point for all the smokers, who became more voluble as the night wore on. Breakfast on the first morning: orders were taken (in writing) but totally wrong. But a good spread of food. The steam room in the spa was still out of action. Our shower didn't work (not at all hot. Got it fixed by a nice guy called Ian. But second morning, still didn't work and this was put down to everyone showering. Er. it's a hotel. Had to resort to the bath mixer shower which did have hot water. a bulb blew the power in the room and a young lad came to look for the switch in the wardrobe(??) Pretty disappointing overall and certainly would be dubious about recommending this to a friend.

Room Tip: Try the White Hart inn in Llangybi...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ray B
Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

We booked this hotel over the phone, as a birthday celebration for 2 adults and an elderly relative. I asked for a room with disabled access for our elderly relative, who walks with 2 sticks, but needs a wheelchair with assistance over any distance indoors or outdoors. I was assured on the phone she would be allocated a room suitable for her with a shower with a seat. I also viewed the hotel on the website - on booking I felt confident this hotel would meet all our needs for a short weekend break.

On arrival, we noticed several steps, one or two, up to four, at different places, across the hotel. The staff offered to place portable ramps but it would have been difficult to decide where and when we place them, given the number of steps and limited space for theem, taking into account other guests needs too. Getting to the room via 2 swing doors and 4 steps, we found the allocated room to be huge, recently renovated and comfortable. The shower did have a pull down seat, but the cubicle was inaccessible for our relative, even with help, due to a very high threshold to get into it. We mainly had to access the restaurant via the external door over a cobbled area and again more steps. The staff were understanding and helped where they could. However, I do feel that the facility needs to reassessed for enable access for all and be inclusive for people with mobility needs. It was a disappointing experience for us, in that respect, to stay at this hotel and if we tried another mini break, at a different hotel, we would need to establish fully the staff understanding of disabled access, as this hotel failed in that respect for us.

On the postive side, the food in the restaurant was good, staff helpful, rooms clean, offer of a deduction on the bill for our inconvenience, swimming pool nice and relaxing, countryside area lovely.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GMT2005
Also consider these accommodations in or near Llangybi
Glen-yr-Afon House Hotel
Three Salmons Hotel
8.5 km away
BEST WESTERN Pontypool Metro Hotel
The Priory Hotel & Restaurant

Been to Ramada Resort Cwrt Bleddyn Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK