“A relaxing stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cotgrave
Primrose House B & B
Ranked #1 of 4 Cotgrave B&B and Inns
Kent, UK
“A relaxing stay”
Reviewed 14 July 2011

We booked the upstairs of the cottage for two nights over the first weekend in July. We were blessed with glorious weather which made our stay even better for a family function just outside Nottingham. We were able to come and go from the cottage as we pleased which again worked out really well as we didn't expect the function to go on until almost midnight. We were able to come back without disturbing anyone too much (although the people staying on the ground floor of the cottage were still up anyway).
As for Paul and Susie's lovely B&B, we couldn't have asked for a more beautiful welcoming place to stay. Susie took us on a mini tour of their animals including Bees, Doves, Chickens, Turkeys and a variety of chicks ...and I was so impressed with their home made Lemon Marmalade that I bought a jar to take home.
The breakfast was very nicely cooked with a plentiful array of bread, cereals, juices, fruit compote and yoghurt to start.
The room itself was perfect. A mixture of modern and traditional with a nice strong shower (and yes there was plenty of hot water!!).
I didn't get to see the rooms in the main house but I would say, ignore previous negative reviews as Primrose house was everything I expected after booking via their website.
A big Thank You to Paul and Susie and we would definitely book Primrose House again when our family have another function in Nottingham.

Room Tip: I would advise not to book this room if you are over 6ft tall or plump in stature
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SeasonedSharmer
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Ingleton
Reviewed 10 July 2011

This B and B was booked for us by our son and new daughter in law, who assurred us that "the people are lovely" Their assessment was correct and Susie and Paul are very welcoming and attentive, but working quietly in the background.
We arrived 3 hours earlier than book in time, but were given our room and a large pot of tea.
We negotiated a breakfast time on both days. The breakfasts were very good, with
their own bacon, sausages, free range eggs, honey, jam, marmalade and bread.
The place has a very homely feel. There was a hint of an interest in music in the breakfast room, and when I asked who the musician was, it was refreshing to hear of all the musical talent in one property!
We stayed in the ground floor of the little cottage annexe which had its own mini kitchen area with fridge, so I'd imagine it would be ideal for people with children.
Thanks again Susie and Paul

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Durham
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Room not worthy of highest rate, not cleaned under bed (previous persons rubbish still under there, will not be returning or recommending. Breakfast not that good especially when fly spray being used whilst eating.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank carolineshaw43
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2011

Upon my arrival at Primrose House, I was greeted warmly and shown to my room in the main house which was spacious and welcoming, with a small but well-appointed shower room. It was wonderful to be able to take my dog along with me as it is so hard nowadays to find anywhere pet-friendly to stay. Also lovely to be greeted by turkeys and chickens in the garden - a real farmhouse feel, even though the Bed and Breakfast is in the centre of the village. My breakfast was really great; I particularly loved the home-produced bacon. A perfectly enjoyable and welcoming stay - I would definitely recommend this lovely gem of a Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank exs
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 April 2011

Ok so it's not completely rural but once you drive through the gates you'd never know. Whilst it is situated on a road, I wouldn't call it busy.

Paul & Susie were great, our seven yr old daughter had a great time playing with their kittens. and they let her collect fresh eggs in the morning.

The room was a family room, double and single bed, clean and comfortable, with tea, coffee and fresh milk supplied.

Breakfast was lovely, stewed plums, fresh bread (was steaming as I sliced it) cereals and of course a fry up.

We will certainly revisit

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cotgrave
7.8 km away
De Vere Orchard Hotel
#5 of 49 in Nottingham
9.2 km away
Mama's Inn Boutique Guest House

Been to Primrose House B & B? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK