All reviews german bakery air con swimming pool min walk following morning ground floor excellent place to stay clean rooms comfortable stay hot water fan beach tiles taxi fridge cleaners channels
Reviewed 5 November 2018

The hotel is situated at a stone throw distance form the mesmerizing Palolem Beach.
The hotel was nice and clean and spacious. The pool was really nice contrary to what I was reading .. probably they fixed it. Only problem was the parking. Though the guys helped me park my car at the road side but I am not sure how many cars it can really take. In fact I bruised my car trying to position it right .. but that's on me. Also if you are staying in Palolem be ready to be in dark if the lights go off ..looks like none of the properties have power back up. We faced the situation for 15 mins in the evening .. but we enjoyed as we were having our dinner in one of the beach side shacks..

Room tip: I would recommend Ground floor rooms... First floor rooms are costlier and you have to climb up .. I don't think they have elevators.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2018

Hotel Location is Near to Beach & Market. The Rooms are Clean & Well Equipped. Toilets are Hygienic. Swimming pool is also good to Enjoy. Very Silent Place for Stay. It is Beauty of Palolem. Only Parking Trouble.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

The location is very near the beach. The rooms are extremely clean. I had gone during the monsoon but still it was clean. Pool was usable.The restaurant used to close early but that is understandable because of low season. Whatever we ordered was tasty. WiFi used to falter due to rains.
One tip is avoid ground floor rooms as mobile signal is not proper.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

If you’re looking for the best place to stay in Palolem, keep looking.

Cons:
Noisy (clattering in the hallway or nextdoor is very audible)
Uncleaned pool (the poolbar hasn’t seen cusomers in ages)
The rainshower barely has any water
It has seen better days or stil has some work to be done

Pros:
Very spacious rooms
Kingsize (!) bed
Good Airco
Clean
Good value for for money

Overall a pleasant stay for us and i guess for Indian standards not too bad.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 75franklinb
Reviewed 21 January 2018

After reading a few reviews from fellow Brits we were going to cancel this booking with Booking.com but it was out of the cancellation time. So we travelled down thinking we can always find another hotel.
The reception was very clean as was the little bar outside. So far so good. With confirmation from Booking.com at hand we proceeded to check in. I was absolutely deflated by the young lady behind the desk, she had our booking! She checked us in with a smile and perfect customer service. The only strange thing was she told us to cancel our booking.com reservationand book direct with the hotel. She gave us a 5% discount, but to be honest, I wasn't sure what it was all about. We had breakfast booked but that was not an option with the discount. We are in communication with Booking.com about this. However, I suppose the management tell the staff what to do!
Our room was spotlessly clean, kettle etc., and a fridge. The WiFi was some of the best we've had in India. It worked perfectly. There was a choice of two, one personal to the room. Excellent!
I was trying to find a negative and my chance came when the shower didn't work properly. We reported it to reception and then went for a swim in the, rather cold, pool! Within 15 minutes the shower was fixed. Amazing!
The TV showed English films and BBC world news (not that we watched it much).
On a few other reviews it was mentioned that the pool was dirty. We asked again at reception and the explanation was that the pool is quite old and the 'dirt' on the bottom was discoloration on the tiles. We saw it being hovered every morning and the water was very clear. I swam every day and had no I'll effects (apart from it being cold)! And this is because the sun doesn't get on the water for long during the day. Not the staffs fault! Pool towels are provided.
The beach is about a 10 min walk, there is a cut through via Dreams resort which takes you straight onto the beach. The German Bakery is great for cakes etc and The Avocado Garden restaurant is great too.

I've give a 4 on the review as there was just a couple of things that could be fixed easily: the broken piece from the glass door leading to the pool and some of the tiles around the pool need seeing to. But hey, that's all I can be negative about!

All in all we were pleasantly surprised by the customer service provided and the cleanliness of the rooms and public areas. A special thank you to Priyanka and Winod who made sure we enjoyed our stay. We will be back.

Date of stay: January 2018