“Delightful day out into unknown Goan territory ”
Review of KOKO India

KOKO India
Ranked #5 of 19 things to do in Palolem
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The KOKO Lunch Club Goa is a very special day out offering you the chance to experience 'Goa beyond the Beach.' You begin your fully hosted and exclusive excursion with a guided tour of Goa's grandest, private mansions, followed by a deliciously authentic five course Indo-Portuguese lunch served on the garden terrace of a seventeenth century palacio. Timings : approx 09.30-15.30 Cost : Rs 3200 p/p inclusive of everything (except additional drinks.) Location: Our hosted groups usually depart from the Canacona region of South Goa but do contact us if you're based somewhere else. ( A small additional transport fee may apply.) The KOKO Lunch Club Goa is arranged by KOKOindia the Travel Company - bespoke designers of luxury holidays, retreats and safaris across India since 2007.
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

I booked this trip after seeing it advertised online and was assured by Joanna ('Jazz') that it was a small group trip so I was very happy to join as a solo participant. I am soooo happy that I decided to go, because it turned out to be one of the highlights of my trip to Goa this time!
The two Portuguese mansions that we visited were an absolute cultural and visual delight and I truly felt like I was drifting around in a dream world as we were shown around the different rooms. The artefacts, antiques and furniture within each space were fabulous and intriguing, and the two families who own these places clearly have the same eclectic taste as myself for picking up the odd quirky item along the way too!
As to the lunch....well, what can I say? The humble way the owner's husband described the dishes in no way reflected how truly delicious and varied they were! The whole table was heaving under different taste sensations lovingly cooked by his wife, many of which I'd never had before. We had our lunch on an outdoor covered balcony area where the breeze and scents from the beautiful gardens drifted across to intoxicate our senses completely.
Joanna took extra care of me during the day since I wasn't feeling 100%, and for this, as well as for taking me to an area I'd never explored before in Goa I am truly grateful to her for including me as one of her guests.
I highly recommend this trip for anyone wanting to broaden their horizons whilst getting to meet some new and lovely people on a perfect day out.

1  Thank wendyjwinnard
KOKOJoanna, Owner at KOKO India, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2017

What a pleasure it was to to meet you and to host your day, Wendy - and thank you very much for your wonderful review. I agree that the KOKO Lunch Club is a great way for solo travellers to meet likeminded and interesting people - in fact that's one of the reasons why KOKOindia the Travel Company set it up. Plus, its always fun to swap travel stories over 'a family lunch.' As I know you are a regular visitor to south Goa, thank you for appreciating the opportunity to do something different in the south, and I look forward to running into you again somewhere soon.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Had a lovely day
Joanna was a lovely guide
Food was excellent
Learnt a lot about the culture of goa
Defiantly recommend a day away from beach

KOKOJoanna, Owner at KOKO India, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2017

Thank you so much for your review of our Lunch Club day out - it was a pleasure to host you all. Its good to know too that our paths will probably cross again as you are such regular visitors to south Goa. Wishing you many happy travels till next time!

Reviewed 22 January 2017

This is a perfect day trip bundling up 2 old Portuguese colonial mansions (or 3 different residences in 2 mansions) plus a fantastic authentic Indo-Portuguese lunch. Jo was an excellent host throughout and obviously thoroughly in love with Goa and its inhabitants. I was fascinated to question her on the "behind the scenes" Goa which tourists don't normally see. This was in addition to the expected history of Portuguese settlement in Goa and the amazing cultural and architectural history they left behind.

The first mansion visited is the most interesting (Casa de Braganza) with 2 feuding families occupying the 2 halves of the house. The first half is in much better condition and feels more like a museum. I could easily imagine a BBC period drama being filmed here. The second half is much more lived in and full of life. It's not as authentic or filled with treasures but still worth a look. The lunch spot (Casa de Deao) is an interesting restored building but the home-cooked lunch is the highlight. We didn't eat food like this anywhere else in Goa. It was an amazing spread of food (I particularly liked the roast pork and pumpkin souffle) which is highly recommended.

KOKOJoanna, Owner at KOKO India, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2017

Thank you for your warmly written review of our KOKO Lunch Club and for your kind words. We are somehow always fortunate enough to host such lovely people and you were no exception. Wishing you many more happy travels in future, Joanna

Reviewed 12 January 2017

Jazz is a great host, the venues are fascinating and the food excellent. The whole trip was well organised.

KOKOJoanna, Owner at KOKO India, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2017

Thank you so much for your kind review - it was a genuine pleasure to host your day and I look forward to seeing you all back in Agonda next year.

Reviewed 10 January 2017

A really lovely way to spend the day !! Joanna was such a lovely guide who took us to the 2 mansions. The guides around the mansions were very knowledgeable and treated us to a really good insight into the history of the buildings.

I cant praise the food enough - exceptional and such a lovely location. If you go to Agonda, please book this trip. Its superb.

KOKOJoanna, Owner at KOKO India, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2017

Many thanks for your very kind review - it was such a pleasure to meet you (and all your lovely friends) and I wish you many more happy travels in 2017.
Joanna