“An experienced, compassionate, patient and dedicated teacher”
Review of Aranya Yoga Ashram

Aranya Yoga Ashram
Ranked #2 of 12 Spas & Wellness in Palolem
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Well established yoga school in Palolem,offering also cooking classes are 1500 rs per person,reiki classes and treatments,sound bath on all evenings 18.00 to 19.00 hrs 500 rs per person.yoga classes and 5 to 10 courses.yoga retreats and 200 hr yoga teacher trainings certified by yoga alliance and yoga alliance international.drop in yoga:mornings 9.00 to 10.30 ashtanga yoga,afternoons 16.00 to 17.30 hatha yoga and 19.00 to 20.00 yin yoga classes .yoga classes are 350 rs per person.we also offer separate and individual yoga and yoga related classes on daily basis.{mudra classes,mantra classes,pranayama classes and introduction into yoga philosophy and yoga history.}our aranya yoga ashram is a small and student oriented yoga ashram dedicated to bringing yoga to the world.
Reviewed 18 February 2017

I first met Krishna last year after dislocating my knee on another yoga course. During my stay with him he went above and beyond to help me recover, whether it be taking me to an osteopath who treated me or advising me on the correct auverdic foods to aid my recovery. During this time I also undertook the yoga teacher training with him (the first three weeks only studying whilst my knee healed). I am yet to meet a teacher as experienced in all aspects of yoga that is also able to convey the knowledge in a fun and relaxed environment. Before meeting Krishna I was unsure of whether yoga was really something I saw myself pursuing as a career, but the experience, compassion, patience and dedication he showed me was instrumental in inspiring me and preparing me on my path to becoming a yoga instructor. During my stay he also imparted to me his vast knowledge on Indian cooking and reiki (even staying patient when I repeatable burnt the pan). Having never cooked at home I am now proud to say that I can make a lovely fresh vegetarian curry. I feel very lucky to have had learnt from him and cannot recommend him highly enough as a teacher whether it be for yoga, cooking or reiki.

KrishnaBaba, Owner at Aranya Yoga Ashram, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2017

thank you .

"life"
"india"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 12 February 2017

I will always remember my time at Aranya Ashram with my amazing teacher Krishna Das Baba. I had actually booked a teacher training course at a different ashram before arriving in India but after finding Aranya Ashram by chance and attending a few classes with Krishna, I quickly realised that Krishna was the teacher I had been looking for. He is a proper yogi, teaching all the different aspects of yoga in depth, he also taught me all about yogic philosophy and history. He has a great bookshop around the corner and also does cooking classes where you learn to make the MOST delicious indian dishes. Krishna is welcoming with a funny sense of humour. I'm so blessed to have found Aranya Ashram and Krishna, I learnt so much and it will always be in my heart. I will be going back at some point in the future.

2  Thank HannahF1848
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Every time I come to India I go to see Krishna. My husband did his teacher training which was brilliant and I have been to many of his yoga classes both ashtanga and Hatha. Krishna also taught me pranayama as well as Indian cooking. He is the real deal. A very wise yogi who teaches more than just the moves. My children love him too as he has told them many of the great Indian stories. Well worth a visit

1  Thank JulietteW10
Reviewed 12 February 2017

Me and my friends had a wonderful experience learning yoga on a rooftop terrace in Palolem with Aranya. We also took part in a cooking class with Aranya where we learnt to cook some local delicacies, got to know about each others' lives and ate a meal together. An all round brilliant experience. Highly recommended.