Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Snaptravel
CheapTickets
All reviews yoga classes yoga deck restaurant serves very good food bar restaurant next door short walk along the beach perfect location bass longer duration north goa clean beach memorable stay rooms are basic restaurant staff beautiful place lovely beach beach facing angela
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 January 2015

I heard about Anahata from a friend and after seeing the maddening crowds outside La Plage I decided to go check it out. I was so happy that I did. We walked down the mud path to reach L'Atelier restaurant which is sitting in the midst of swaying palm trees and serves modern cuisine prepared from fresh ingredients. We had drinks on the deck while watching the sun set and then went to the secluded beach right outside to splash in the waves. An afternoon well spent.
I inspected their rooms, the huts are rustic chic with thatched roofs, sleek fittings but no ac. The cottages have AC and a very Mediterranean feel to their decor. Perfect location just ahead of Baxters and a 10-15 minute walk to the crowded parts of Ashwem beach. Can't wait to go back and stay here on my next trip, kudos!

Room tip: If you need AC then go with cottages not the huts.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank jasreenmayal
AnahataRetreatGoa, General Manager at Anahata Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2016

Dear Guest,
Your review brought a glow to all our faces and we are so happy you decided to come check us out. Our doors are open to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 14 January 2015 via mobile

Due to a misunderstanding with another hotel in Ashvem me and my husband were without an accomodation during Christmas Holiday, super peak season.
We went to have dinner in their lovely restaurant, l'Atelier, and met Angela and Rashil,the owners,who took care of our misfortune and saved our remaining days.
They hosted us for the first night in the tepee, real fun, no light, only candles and stars, feeling safe though because the place is constantly monitored by a guard all night long.
The day after we moved to a regular cottage, beautifully set just in front of the sea.
Nice wooden house, your own veranda to look at the sunset, beautiful big room very nicely organised, huge bathroom with as much hot water as you like (which isn't that easy in India), fluffy and spotless towels, really a dream.
The hosts are easy going and caring, chatting with Angela every now and then has been a real pleasure.
We've spent New Year's Eve in L'Atelier with friends and had a wonderful time.
I highly recommend this beautiful place, almost perfect, to be truly the top I only suggest to improve the quality of bedsheets and mattresses.
I will surely go back

Date of stay: January 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carla G

Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback which is of utmost importance to us so we can always keep improving. It is always a pleasure having you with us ad look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 6 January 2015

Such a lovely place tucked away yet on the ashwem beach front.
Cool lovely blissed out away from the tourist madness of the places next door.
The restuarant is open to outsiders too,that is,those not staying in.
The rooms are cosy aesthetic and clean.
I was here only go lunch but checked out the rooms for a stay the next time I am here.
The owners are hands on and visible all times taking care of the retreat and the guests!

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank maya094

Dear Guest,
Thank you for the review. Our doors are always open for you to come and stay with us whenever you feel like. Look forward to having you over.

Reviewed 2 January 2015

Discovered Anahata quite by accident when my requirement suddenly changed -my 12 year old daughter decided to join me half way through my solo yoga holiday. Keep in mind we're talking 26th December in Goa and I'm a single dad- (means I have to be extra careful about the location). Got a good feeling the minute I walked in- Conrad the watchman from Darjeeling is a very reassuring guy. As I walked down the rough laterite steps the view quite blew me away. In front of me were these five beautiful beach shacks , bang on the ocean - and I have to believe that the Gods wanted us to have a good holiday- one was available! They also have Portuguese style single units but once I knew the cottage was available- I didn't really take a look at those. There are three facing the ocean and two behind - we stayed in in one of those (Still get a sea view). This would have been more than I could have wished for considering the time of year...but really that was just the beginning. Because next came the people. Rishal and his lovely wife Angela are a treat as hosts. And that's what they do- they don't run a hotel- they host you. And the entire staff take their lead from them. Angela was specially warm and caring towards my daughter and went out of her way to make my daughter feel at home. The open air restaurant (L'Atelier) under the palm trees adds a huge charm to place. It was indeed was a unique experience to enjoy exotic French cuisine while digging my bare feet into the sand! The casual yet uncompromising vibe of the place is indeed rare. (Example- my daughter loves cooking - so on a lark I asked Chef Nicolas if she could get some 'real' time in the kitchen watching a professional work. He agreed and my daughter got a really special holiday memory- that's the kind of place it is. We spent 5 nights there.
Hard facts- Shacks are quite spacious with a nice wraparound balcony, decent bathrooms and comfortable beds. It's definitely not budget, but thankfully not the five star rates either. It's got class but without loosing the warmth. I would have given it a 5 star rating , but for the fact that I know they are still improving the place, so leaving that last star for our next visit.

Room tip: We stayed in one of the beach shacks not on the sea front. At first we were hoping to get one of the beach front ones- but when it got available- we did not want to move- we were to comfortable!
Date of stay: December 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank oberoivikram

Dear Guest
It was so delightful having you and your daughter stay with us, it brought about such a lovely vibe and atmosphere having you around. We have been working on improving in every department to enhance our guests experience and we await to host you again and hopefully earn our last star.

Reviewed 28 December 2014

Had a long trip from Arpora to the tucked away Anahata resort on Ashwem Beach. It's difficult to get to from the established areas like Baga and Calangute as the road is winding and narrow (like most of the area) and the resort is not well signposted. The restaurant is new and run by Chef Nicholas of Frichty fame. A cool vibe, feet in the sand location with an army of willing and friendly wait staff (who still need to pick up on the finer nuances of service), are the perfect backdrop to an open kitchen with (hallelujah) a female chef de cuisine. Our starters were unanimously fabulous, the main courses more than edible and the only thing that let us down was dessert.

I would recommend this restaurant to people habituated to Goa who are looking for something new and are willing to travel a bit yo find it.

Date of stay: December 2014
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Rahul_Antaeus

Dear Guest
Thank you for your lovely and kind review. We appreciate all your feedback and have worked on all areas that needed improvement. We would love to have you back with us soon and create an even better experience for you than previously.