All reviewskalk bayfalse baycommunity centerlocal townshipeach morningyogurtgarlic mushroomswalking distanceother guestsdelicious breakfastour honeymoonguest housemuizenbergbnbolympiasa
Reviewed 1 January 2011

Both my husband and myself had the most amazing week at 'Blue on Blue'. We were looked after like royalty, most of the time by Yoli as we were the only guests!! She provided excellent food, was extremely helpful and loved to chat with us, she also did my washing and was happy for us to use the computer whenever we wanted to, it was certainly home from home.
The house itself was quirky and interesting with amazing sea views. The location was perfect and we enjoyed the food in Kalk Bay every evening. The board walk and tidal pool were only a stones throw away and all in all it was the setting and location were also just perfect,
Thank you Nadeem and Yoli for a wonderful end to out African trip. The gifts I bought from the township were also very much appreciated!!!
We would love to come back again one day!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2010

Stayed at this small b-n-b near the beach for 5 days in October because it was supposed to be good for whale watching, which was the purpose of my trip. It didn't disappoint. Saw my first breech! Honestly, though, I would enjoy the views of the ocean, changing clouds and sunsets even without the whales. Breakfasts were very good and service was warm and friendly. The township tour by Nadeem was the highlight of my stay and I took advantage of their connections with local artists to snag some for family gifts. Really an amazing community project that this place has initiated. Wonderful place, big heart, and an amazing experience.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2010

I've been to the Cape many times and this is now my favorite (and future) place to stay. I came during the 2010 World Cup and I was not surprised when this gem of a B&B was completely full. Nadeem and Yoli handled the full house with grace and warm hospitality. Scrumptious breakfasts. It was a perfect place to be... close to the city, but not having to deal with the noise, etc. A real retreat, and perfectly situated for my trips to the Cape Point, Constantia Wine Route and townships. The 2-tiered property is truly unusual, and I loved the view from the top of the property among protea flowers, fruit trees and vines... just a bit of the wild in the midst of a sleepy neighborhood. Be sure to visit nearby Harbor House for a seafood meal, and walk just past it for the great crashing waves!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 December 2010

What a great little spot. Tucked away on a little side street, but blows you away with the sea views, and the beach is just below... November whale watching! The cool artwork is top notch. Really a funky local feel without catering to that stereotypical notion that Africa is all about brown stuff and lions. The garlic mushrooms were delish, and you will want to hug Yoliswa and Nadeem when it's time to go. An added bonus: Visited the community project they have set up in a shantytown on the Cape Flats. Fantastic fabric painting happening to employ local mothers. Can you imagine something like that in the USA? Nope!

Yes, my only regret was a shortage of time. Would have extended my trip if time permitted!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank gillesz
Reviewed 20 November 2010

Tucked in a little seaside residential area. Safe. Beach, cafes, antiques and other shops in walking distance. Lovely staff, good breakfasts, beautiful artwork and "feel" to the place. And portion of proceeds benefit a community project that they have initiated. Everybody wins.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo