“What a wonderful stay - Thank you Nadeem”

Blue On Blue Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 7 St. James B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 January 2011

Being solo traveller been to over 50 countries, and 3 trip per year, I have to say thank you Nadeem from my heart to give me the wonderful Cape town experience. When you stay in a B&B the soul is the one who manage it, in addition to the basic requirement of a clean & confomrtable (but not luxury) room. Nadeem's word "come as a guest, leave as a friend" is really true as I stayed in an luxury (and of course expensive) Hotel in Camps bay after I left Blue & Blue. in B&B you can really understand how you should travel Cape Town. Forget about the guide book such as lonely planet or Time out - you will find it useless when you really talk to a local resident - and this is my experience when I use the guide to travel 50+ countries. I had been enjoyed by many ways of travelling, driveing, trains, cruises etc. But in Cape Town you have to liesten to a local. Otherwise you would not be able to get to many nice place you have to go (and at the right time is very important - that needs the local experience) check the album and you will know what I mean - no word can descrive it!

Oh, the last but not the least is - please do donation if you did a township trip. Any cent you offer can change the world!

When you want to make a booking, the BEST way is email nadd@tiscali.co.za directly , not the other means.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
BlueOnBlueBB, Owner at Blue On Blue Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2011

We are honored to have received high praise from a seasoned traveler. Thank you for sharing your spectacular photos. We can't wait to include some on our new website.

Your support of eKhaya eKasi Center is also much appreciated. As you say, a little bit can go a long way toward helping people to help themselves.

All the best,
Tom

Reviewed 1 January 2011

Both my husband and myself had the most amazing week at 'Blue on Blue'. We were looked after like royalty, most of the time by Yoli as we were the only guests!! She provided excellent food, was extremely helpful and loved to chat with us, she also did my washing and was happy for us to use the computer whenever we wanted to, it was certainly home from home.
The house itself was quirky and interesting with amazing sea views. The location was perfect and we enjoyed the food in Kalk Bay every evening. The board walk and tidal pool were only a stones throw away and all in all it was the setting and location were also just perfect,
Thank you Nadeem and Yoli for a wonderful end to out African trip. The gifts I bought from the township were also very much appreciated!!!
We would love to come back again one day!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2010

Stayed at this small b-n-b near the beach for 5 days in October because it was supposed to be good for whale watching, which was the purpose of my trip. It didn't disappoint. Saw my first breech! Honestly, though, I would enjoy the views of the ocean, changing clouds and sunsets even without the whales. Breakfasts were very good and service was warm and friendly. The township tour by Nadeem was the highlight of my stay and I took advantage of their connections with local artists to snag some for family gifts. Really an amazing community project that this place has initiated. Wonderful place, big heart, and an amazing experience.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 December 2010

I've been to the Cape many times and this is now my favorite (and future) place to stay. I came during the 2010 World Cup and I was not surprised when this gem of a B&B was completely full. Nadeem and Yoli handled the full house with grace and warm hospitality. Scrumptious breakfasts. It was a perfect place to be... close to the city, but not having to deal with the noise, etc. A real retreat, and perfectly situated for my trips to the Cape Point, Constantia Wine Route and townships. The 2-tiered property is truly unusual, and I loved the view from the top of the property among protea flowers, fruit trees and vines... just a bit of the wild in the midst of a sleepy neighborhood. Be sure to visit nearby Harbor House for a seafood meal, and walk just past it for the great crashing waves!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 December 2010

What a great little spot. Tucked away on a little side street, but blows you away with the sea views, and the beach is just below... November whale watching! The cool artwork is top notch. Really a funky local feel without catering to that stereotypical notion that Africa is all about brown stuff and lions. The garlic mushrooms were delish, and you will want to hug Yoliswa and Nadeem when it's time to go. An added bonus: Visited the community project they have set up in a shantytown on the Cape Flats. Fantastic fabric painting happening to employ local mothers. Can you imagine something like that in the USA? Nope!

Yes, my only regret was a shortage of time. Would have extended my trip if time permitted!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business