All reviews continental breakfast the pub hay on wye both nights tv reception toast groupon deal ate here each evening night break for sunday lunch generous portions friendly place superb food pleasant stay cooked to perfection room was clean and comfortable
Reviewed 24 October 2018

Popped in and received a very warm welcome from our hostess....nothing too much trouble...told us all about the pubs history and surrounding areas....Everything clean and spotless..... Great art on the walls and some pub games ...I filed at table skittles.....!!!
Great Fish and Chip Lunch.....
We will be back ...rare to find lovely clean place with truly attentive staff

Reviewed 22 October 2018

The Baskerville Arms is handily located near the parish church in Clyro, near Hay on Wye. We visited one dark, dank, Monday night, expecting to be the only ones there. How wrong we were. The pub had 10 or 15 patrons in, most were having their evening meal, which is why we were there; staying locally, it was either the Baskerville Arms, or a drive into Hay on Wye or another of the surrounding villages. The pub grub was OK - my fish and chips were as I expected. Mr wife's veg curry was less so. A spoon full of curry didn't help the lashings of rice go down too well. On a more positive note, the beer and cider went down very well.
The Baskerville Arms is OK if you don't want to drive anywhere, but could be better!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2018 via mobile

Went for 3 days using woucher given room 11 it was terrible room half the lights did not work. Condensation all over the windows. Filthy carpet and the decorations was tired dated back to 1970 probably nothing done since then. The beds creaked every time you moved. Tap in the bathroom constantly dripped would not turn off. Some of the staff were very nice but mangeress was incredibly rude!!!. Food was average not too bad. Fire alarm went off on the first night staff did not know nothing about it when it went off. Lights all went out on the corrider on going back to room could not see anything. Upon checking out the women at reception was assumed the mangeress. My friend went to pay by credit card and the manger said rather rudely went dont take credit here and pointed to a sign. She asked if everything was alright during our stay. So we told her about the issues that we had she provided no apology . She just said she would sort the issues out without documenting them. We went to collect our luggage and my friend said that no apology was mentioned. Then the mangeress shouted up the stairs really sarcastically that she would sort the lights and that she was sorry. Sorry came to late!!! Then while waiting for taxi to take us to the station i filled out the comments book and hence left my perscription glasses on the side table. After leaving i discovered that i had left them behind at the hotel. I phoned the hotel back and it was the mangeress who answered the phone so badly. She did not know who i was until i said i have just left your hotel and left my glasses behind. She asked me which room i stayed in I replied room 11. She sarcastically thanked me for the comments i had left in the book. I asked if she had found my glasses. Immediately she denied that they were not there no mention that she would ask anyone if they had been found. The obvious intention that she would not give them to me because she did not like it when being told about tbe issues and that was her way of being spiteful because we mentioned issues about room 11. My advise is to avoid this place horrible rude mangeress has no intention of putting issues right. Place is tired and dirty and she obviously does not care what the guests think. Avoid room 11 if you have to stay there!!! Good thing is thats its in a beautiful location. That is the only good thing can say beware!!° horrible hotel which i had read the reviews would have not booked if i had kbown

Trip type: Travelled with friends
6  Thank Carol-Ann H
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

Used the hotel as a base to go to hay on wye. Hotel is old and I expected the damp smell and old decor. but the bed was falling apart; I did think that it was going to collapse at one stage. TV in the room was massive at least 6". The walls were very thin I am sure the occpants of the other rooms would say the same about us; but to be awoken at the crack of dawm by a domestic between what sounded like sharon and ozzy Osborne wasn't the best(he was a naughty boy and she was still dragging it up).
We didn't eat in the hotel and did have a drink in the bar which was ok we were very drunk at this time.
Breakfast was not the best however the lady serving was a credit and worked hard bless her.
Its ok if you litterally want a stop off and somewhere to lay your hat

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank stephensK2829XO
Reviewed 3 October 2018

We enjoyed our stay here. Staff friendly and attentive, Our room was clean and comfortable.
Good value for your money.
We stayed on the basis of bed and breakfast only for two nights, The breakfast was enjoyable and plenty of choice.

Date of stay: September 2018