1,177 results
All reviewssteep hillinfinity poolmobile phoneblue gingerjasmine villaour honeymoonkoh samuichaweng beachcoral covetaxi servicemilk bathfree shuttleviews are breathtakingpick upstraditional thai stylebedroom villaspa treatments
Reviewed 12 March 2012

What can I say that hasn't already been said. I love this place. My wife and I got married in Samui and stayed here after the wedding. We stayed in the Plumeria room. It was by far the best room Ive ever stayed in! The view is amazing, you get your own private plunge pool, free breakfast, free wifi. Everything from the food to the staff was excellent, the owner himself came up to greet us everyday and even gave us some pointers for the rest of the trip. The best part of our stay was Jip, one of the receptionist, she took care of our every need, from researching train tickets and times to setting up taxis and massages, along with great local tips on the island,we cant say enough about her, shes the best!

4  Thank demons851
Reviewed 12 March 2012

This was one of the most fantastic holiday experiences from the time we entered till the time we left. The views from the property are breath taking and Jip and her team ensured that we were more than well cared for. They truly embody service with a smile and went out of their way on several ocassions to accomodate any and every of our wishes.
The rooms were spacious and the views awesome. We spent a few nights in Plumeria and Leelawadee. The Plunge pool and the Infinity Pool were the high points of the respective rooms. The food quality was superb although the menu was a bit limited. We hired a bike to get around but found their daily pick up and drops to Chaweng beach to be of great use as well. They had a well stocked library full of reading material about Samui and surrounding islands.
Since Sandalwood is located on the top of the hill, do not expect to go there to find a happening party hotspot. Go there to truly have a relaxing, quiet holiday soaking up the sun while enjoying a martini or two as you wade around in the pool. In case you still want to experience the night life at Chaweng, the front desk folks wil be happy to arrange a cab for you at night.
We also met the owner - George who told us his fascinating tale of how he set up this place and how he has groomed the best staff in the world! We will definitely return - hopefully sooner rather than later! :)

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We stayed in the Jumpee villa for 8 nights in February and it was absolutely wonderfull. I had been dreaming about going to the Sandalwood for several years after I found it on the internet through Trip Advisor - the reality was all we could have asked for.

The staff were wonderful, a real asset to the Sandalwood, nothing was too much trouble. We wanted to book a scooter for a couple of days, a car 1 day and wanted to book the Five Islands Tour and they did all the work for us so all we had to do was turn up at the alloted time and they took care of the rest. We also did the cooking school with Jip which was great, my husband even carved a rose out of a carrot! She took us to the local market to get our ingredients which is an experience in itself, and helped us try some different types of street snacks.

The meals in the restaurant were fabulous, though the trek to the restaurant on that first day was a bit daunting, but by the end of the week I had calves of steel and could do it in one hit! Once again the restaurant staff were attentive and friendly.

The view, well what can I say which hasn't already been said? Our villa I feel had the best view and it was really something to just walk out the door into the pool. The cleaning staff did a great job, they were so efficient and quick and the night time Kit Kat was always welcome!!

We will definately be back next year for our Sandalwood fix.

Thank you Pon for all your help, it was a real pleasure to have met you and your staff!!

Tina and Paul

Room Tip: The Jumpee Villa has the best view and a pool right outside the door!
2  Thank Jezz43
Reviewed 11 March 2012

My wife and I recently stayed in the gardenia and plumeria rooms on our stay in Samui. The place is AMAZING!! Awesome view, excellent service and the restaurant food was unreal. Even though the hotel is located on the steepest hill I've seen, which really tested out our hired scooter, it made it that more seclusive and enjoyable. The staff were extremely friendly and knowledgable ad after talking to one of the owners he pointed us in the right direction for the best places to visit, both the walking streets in lamai and fishermans village and the Thai boxing night in lamai. Overall a great experience and we can't wait to head back next year with the whole family

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank Masonsheree
Reviewed 9 March 2012

My Husband and I recently travelled to Koh Samui and had the pleasure of staying at Sandalwood Villas. The staff at Sandalwood are EXCELLENT! They really go out of their way to make you feel special. Nothing was too much trouble for them. They were very happy to set up dinner in our villa one night, cocktails, everything. The rooms are lovely and the view is spectacular. It is well positioned between Chaweng and Lamai. The whole place is small and you get the feeling you are the only ones there. The pools were very inviting and have the best view in the world. The girls at Sandalwood Spa are very professional. It is the best spa experience I have ever had. We are planning our next trip to Sandalwood already. The hill is no dramas. It is steep, but there is always someone there ready to give you a lift, up or down. The hotel gives you a mobile phone for your stay so you can ring them anytime for anything. Don't hesitate to book at Sandalwood. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Amarin of Jasine are very good
2  Thank Kellor75