1,189 results
All reviews steep hill infinity pool mobile phone blue ginger jasmine villa our honeymoon koh samui chaweng beach coral cove taxi service milk bath free shuttle views are breathtaking pick ups traditional thai style bedroom villa spa treatments
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Arrival:
We were met from our ferry by the hotel four wheel drive taxi and transported in style to the resort, which sits high up a steep hill. Once we arrived to the resort we were warmly greated by the receptionist on duty (Thaeg) who offered us a beautiful juice and then showed us around, leading us to our villa where our bags waited for us.

Villa:
We stayed at the Jumpee villa which can only be described as beautiful, the view from the room is amazing and we had a pool right outside the door which was not used by any other villa. We also had a jacuzzi at the side of the villa where we could relax and take in the views. On our first night this view including fireworks taking place on the beach and it felt very special.
The villa was extremely spacious and I loved the decor. It really seems like they put a lot of effort into designing the villas.

Food:
We ate dinner twice in the restaurant and found it be be pretty reasonable. The appetizers were always very tasty however the mains and desserts were just not as nice although still enjoyable. Breakfast was nice, nothing amazing.

Spa:
We had a massage during our stay and it was very reasonably priced which I think is great in a resort like this. The spa staff were very welcoming and the treatments were great, had we stayed longer I would definitely have returned for more.

Service:
This is what makes Sandalwood stand out, the service is simply amazing. The staff are extremely friendly, they make it a truly unforgettable experience. When doing the turndown service they leave chocolates/drinks on your pillow with a 'Sweet Dreams' message, they also give you a photograph of you when you leave. You just leave feeling great.

The best thing about this resort is the fact that despite the extremely high standard of accomodation and service offered the prices for food, drinks and spa treatments are extremely reasonable and there is free wifi and dvd/books loans, I would hope that this would not change as I plan on returning as many times as possible. The only negative was that we had to pay 500BHT for a transfer from our ferry, however we did get a free transfer to the airport when departing.

Room Tip: Reserve the Jumpee villa
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2011

My partner and I stayed at Sandalwood Luxury Villas at the beginning of September. Our aim for our trip to Thailand was to relax and Sandalwood allows you to do that. You don't have to worry about anything, they can organise everything for you. The customer service was second to none. They have pretty much thought of everything. They give you a phone to call them to pick you up, they leave gifts on your pillows, I could go on and on!
The view is breathtaking, we stayed in the Malee villa which is also very private. It is up a steep hill adding to the privacy but that is exactly what we wanted. If you want a place to relax this is the place to go. Thank you to everyone at Sandalwood for a truly amazing experience,!!

Room Tip: The Malee Villa was private with a great view.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2011

The hotel is fantastic, the stuff is great. The hospitality is amazing, people in the reception office are ready to help you for anything at any moment. we stayed in Jasmine Villa, the view was incredibly beautiful. The room is very clean and they always leave small gifts on your pillows when they prepare the beds. The only problem can be that the hotel is top on a hill, and you need to give 20 euros each time you go down to the center and come back, which is very expensive for the distance you travel. I think the hotel should have a free shuttle at least 5-6 times a day, but a part from this it is a fantastic place to stay and we will definetely recommend to our friends and family.

Room Tip: jasmine villa has a fantastic view
3  Thank EceEnder
Reviewed 7 September 2011

This is my first time travel advisor review and firstly I would like to thank all those people who have so correctly shared their wonderful experience at Sandalwood. We spent 12 wonderful nights in August, staying in Villa Malee.
Every positive comment is correct and the view, well what can I say, the view is exactly as you see on the web-site.
If you are looking to relax, re-charge your batteries and be a little bit away from it all this is the resort for you.
We concur totally with Ryan of New Zealand's comments.Yes the resort is secluded, this is what we were looking for. Yes you may need to pay 400 baht for a trip to Chaweng outside the free time, but how wonderful to have such beautiful friendly people and wonderful air conditioned cars available for travel to and fro. For us the service was perfect. We had read reviews and knew exactly what to expect.
We also experienced a black out one night due to the weather and had a wonderful time dining in the restaurant, so many candles, so perfect and no need for the many apologies for the staff.
We both enjoyed a cooking class, a great experience going to the market to buy our food and can I say so much food. As we cooked, we tried our recipes and back to the restaurant for dinner we had so much left over. Jeap, kup kun ka...I have successfully made spring rolls since returning home..
Our room was beautiful, the pools wonderful.
Pon, I could go on and on, I thankyou and your team for the wonderful time we had, we will be back..Hope all is well with Koy and there will soon be news of a baby and you are again an "Aunt"..
Deb and Dean - Adelaide, Australia

2  Thank Debbie S
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Firstly a huge thank you to Robert and his AMAZING team for making our honeymoon such a dream, we could not of asked for more, it was perfect!!!
Where can I start??? The reviews really do speak for themselves....The food was stunning, the service exceptional, the location breath taking, the rooms authentic and wonderfully comfortable. We felt at home from the minute we arrived. We were picked up in style from the airport and chauffeured to through the bustle of Chewang, up though a mountain village to the most breath taking, peaceful, romantic location I've been to in Thailand! I used to live here, so have stayed all over.
We were greeted with happy genuine smiles (its obvious that the whole team LOVE working here and really care about all the guests needs) The most amazing panoramic view of the Andaman ocean and coast line. Then escorted to a wonderful authentic sparkling clean room with the same view from our bed!! What a way to wake up!!
The first night we ate on our balcony, the food was exceptional, the red curry fish 'pla chu chi' was the best I've ever tasted, melted in your mouth, we asked for kow neeow sticky rice not on the menu and the chef made it, no problem at all!! Anything you asked for was done with passion and love, All the food we ate here was fabulous. The reception team did recommend us other places to eat which were also exceptionally good, they also booked us the tables without us knowing, and we were treated like superstars!!
We booked a trip independently and they were concerned with us waking up and getting down the hill, they were not pushy or rude about us booking through someone else as is known to happen in other hotels, We hired a moped and they were so caring about us not wearing our helmets.
We would agree on the taxi to Chaweng, Lamai being slightly expensive but when talking to other holiday makers in other hill side resorts we were one of the cheaper taxi fares at 400 bart.
We then had a terrible time at our next hotel in ko pangnang, Santhiya resort and spa, so we contacted sandalwood to come back, they were fully booked but they let us stay in a brand new villa, not ready to rent... It was perfect, the only thing missing was sky T.V which we never watch anyway!! They welcomed us back like part of the family, and restored our faith in Thailand.
We loved it so much we asked about coming back in February for my birthday, They are already nearly booked up, I hate to tell you all just how good this place is in case it is full the next time we visit, but they deserve every bit of praise they get! Thank you to you all again, We will be back!!