Book now, pay at stay
US$ 213
Renaissance Hotels
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 262/night.

US$ 228
US$ 213
Pavilion Samui Villas & Resort(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 563
US$ 186
US$ 296
US$ 216
Centara Villas Samui(Maret)(Great Value!)
US$ 131
US$ 123
  • Pool
US$ 440
US$ 343
Priceline
Sandalwood Luxury Villas(Maret)(Great Value!)
US$ 245
US$ 197
Travelocity
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 218/night.

Utopia Resort(Lamai Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 51
US$ 47
Agoda.com
The Kala Samui(Maret)(Great Value!)
US$ 125
US$ 95
Priceline
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 132/night.

Banyan Tree Samui(Lamai Beach)
US$ 924
US$ 778
Hotels.com
All reviewsmanager pauldays travellingwedding grouparranging transportthai ladiesair cona great stayswimming poolgood sizecurriesbeautiful hotellamai beachbars and restaurantsnuairportscooterisland
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Thoroughly enjoyed our two weeks here. Kids loved it.Dave, Paul and staff couldn't have been more helpful. Hotel is nice and peaceful, a little bit out from the hustle & bustle. They have no problem dropping you into town.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Me and three friends of mine (all in our mid 20's) stayed in Tropical Palm Resort for around 2 weeks in July 2014 during the football world cup. It was the best vacation ever. Everything about this place is just right: the calm area, the rooms, the restaurant, the bar, the pool, the offered services and activities, the hotel staff and the owners (Dave & Paul).

Most of the time we were the only hotel guests because of the low season and the military curfew which obviously scared away some tourists (totaly unreasonable if you ask me :-). But it was great for us because the whole staff was just focusing on us. Anyways I am pretty sure that they also have the same great service during high season.

Paul rented some motorbikes for us which was the best part of the trip. Samui is a great island to explore by bike and this hotel is a perfect home base in the mountain! You can get to any point of the island pretty quickly and the ride, the views, the beaches and markets are amazing and offer a very enjoyable experience. You can rent bikes a bit cheaper if you get them directly from the rent-a-bike shops but getting them from Dave or Paul is a better idea because you will not be ripped off and they deliver and pick up the bikes directly to and from the hotel.

If you like to party a little bit, you can visit Chaweng at night. We went there by motorbike but depending on your skills and drinking capacity its probably a better idea to get a taxi. You can have a really amazing party experience on this island and this hotel is the perfect place to come home afterwards because its very calm and relaxed for chilling out.

During the world cup semi final (Germany-Brazil) which we decided to watch in the hotel because of the late hour, Paul came by to say Hi. It was around 3 AM and we were totally wasted and craving for some food. Of course we couldn't miss a minute of the match. But this amazing guy just drove to McDonalds for us and got us some Burgers. How cool is that!!

If I visit Thailand and Samui again, which I really hope to do, I will definitely stay at this place again.

2  Thank qualle123
Reviewed 26 July 2014

If you are looking for somewhere to stay on Ko Samui, stop! This is the nicest place I have stayed in, in Thailand. Not just because of the really nice rooms, pool, bar and pool but because of the ambience that was created by the staff. The hotel is owned by an Irish guy call Paul and some other guy but we didn't see him during or stay. The attention to detail in finishing off the hotel is second to none. They also have only about 30 rooms which means you get great attention and makes it such a relaxing stay. Paul will bend over backwards to make sure your stay is great and its not just him. The rest of his Thai staff are the same. It is the only place where I could leave my phone wallet or anything else on the bar and go off to room and know that it was ok. We were planning on just staying 2 nights but ended up staying 4 because we liked the place solo much. However it just wasn't us that extend or stay. In fact everyone that we talked to around hotel had extended there stay too! I have honestly never stayed anywhere where all the people in the hotel talked soo well about the place. In fact during or stay one group of guys decided to go to the full moon party and leave there bags there and go back there then for the rest of there time in Thailand!!
Just a bit about Paul because he makes the place. I told him about a heat rash I was getting he went to the pharmacy and picked me up some tablets and there were at reception the next morning. This was just a small example of loads of things that he did that was above the service you will not get anywhere else.
My advice is go here while it is still a hidden gem beaches it is only a new hotel not many people have hear of it. When they do your not going to be able to get a room in the place. And its also way under priced, it is the best value for money I have had in Thailand and this was my 3rd visit to the country.

2  Thank cb138513
Reviewed 17 July 2014

When i arrived in Koh Samui Paul met us at the airport. i had never seen the hotel as it was booked through a friend. when we arrived it was amazing. by far the best hotel Ive stayed in on my 3 week trip to Thailand. the place was clean and very picturesque. the staff were great. Paul will do anything he can to make your stay memorable and nu is always up for the banter. i would highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to the island

1  Thank david m
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed here again for the middle two weeks of June as part of my twice yearly trip to LOS. However, after reading the previous reviewers comments I am starting to wonder if we stayed at the same hotel??? Dave was on a trip back home so only Paul and the staff at the hotel. The same excellent friendly service as always, even though it was low season and many of the rooms were unoccupied. Good to see some friends made on previous visits are making return stays at the hotel, it’s starting to feel like a second home.

Not sure where the comments by ‘george a’ regarding the cleanliness have come from as I’ve never had a problem in over 6 visits and the room girls do an excellent job whilst not disturbing any of your personal effects. I wouldn’t leave them a nice tip every time I stay if they didn’t. As for dogs there is only one, Khun, who is there to keep any other dogs or animals out of the hotel. He is originally Dave’s pet dog and is treated as one of the family. He has a lovely temperament and would never hang around the tables unless he is encouraged. As with this and any other possible problem a guest may have, if they spoke to the management it would be sorted immediately. As for the location, if ‘george a’ had been as quick to check the reviews prior to booking as he was to leave negative comments after, he would have realised that the hotel is a little distance from the centre of the resort as they make no attempt to hide this.

As for the review by ‘Gigja16’, I was actually at the resort in December at the same time that they were staying there. All I will say on this matter is that it was definitely not as they have portrayed it and Dave’s alleged behaviour along with the allegedly extortionate charge has been grossly inflated by themselves. I know this for a fact because they were trying to gain some sympathy from myself regarding this whilst I was sitting at the bar.

To summarise if you are looking for 5 star accommodation right on the beach then this is not the place. However if you are looking for a quality budget hotel with friendly service, a little out of the hussle and bussle of the town, you won’t go far wrong here!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple