Lowest prices for your stay
eDreams
Free cancellation until 02/10/21
Expedia.comUS$ 52
Hotels.comUS$ 52
PricelineUS$ 24
All reviews beach front quiet side street plenty of storage space garden bungalow excellent location breakfast is served water pressure nice beach lamai
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 January 2013 via mobile

Booked in on 24th December as a group. 3 rooms for our family and a total of 9 rooms booked by our group. The rooms are very dark and not all my lights worked. No breakfast included which is unusual and adds quite and additional cost over 9 days. The proximity is on the beach but it is so close to the nightlife with it's loud thudding music all night every night til between 6-7 am. These are only minor complaints however.. On new years eve the island had a power cut this is when I discovered that my room was about 1 meter away from the massive generator used to keep power to the whole hotel which is was so loud the room was vibrating after an hour I went to reception to ask what and when problem might be fixed and ask what the plan was if power could not be restored as it was not possible to even sit in my room let alone sleep in it and was told there were no other rooms ( which was a lie as one of our group had checked out and room remained empty) and then he laughed at me. Thankfully for me the power came back on at about 1930. Then during a storm with flooded roads no power and torrential rain we went to the restaurant at the hotel as had small children with us it feed them and was told it was 6pm and they had a new year party starting at 630 pm so could only order fried rice and be out by 630 pm as a hotel guest I thought this was absolutely disgusting and unacceptable we then had to walk around dark flooded streets in pouring raining to find food for the children. When we returned at 730 pm there was nobody even in the restaurant for their party. In all a pretty bad experience. I think you could get much better service and value else ware.

Date of stay: December 2012
Reviewed 27 November 2012

RUDE front of house. At every other place in Thailand, the staff have been helpful, smiling, accommodating etc. NOT here. Beyond rude!!
Added to this the room was dark, damp and smelly. The toilet blocked. The 'pool view' room overlooked someone's garage and cleaning area.
Please don't stay here unless you want to experience holiday hell.

Date of stay: November 2012
2  Thank nellieb21
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Enjoyed my stay. Was a problem with the air con which was sorted quickly. Read about staff
not being friendly. I found it the contrary. All were very friendly and helpful.
I stayed in a garden bungalow and there was little noise

Room tip: A garden bungalow is a quiet location.
Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Johnnyy55
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Lamai Inn have beach front rooms and additional rooms / chalets just on the otherside of the road. Check-in was fast and efficent mainly due to one of the front desk women who has good english. She informed us she has worked at Lamai Inn for over 10 years so she was able to offer a variety of suggestions on what to do in Samui, also helping us with motorbike rental, flights, day trips and restaurants.

The rooms are of good size, standard in decor and amenities but very clean and the surrounds werent noisy. Considering the location I thought the room rate at 1300 baht was ok and would recommend Lamai Inn to family & friends.

Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2012

The room I had with a double bed was rather dark with no special taste. The bed was beautifully decorated though. The bathroom was more in the Thai style with a large shower with hot water and a western-type toilet. There was also a large cupboard and a small fridge providing water bottles for free and a TV set. For 1,000 B, off season, without breakfast, you can't ask for less around here. The swimming-pool was not too engaging. The water didn't look all that clean. But all in all, it was all right for just two nights.

Room tip: Maybe by paying extra money, you can get a better room.
Date of stay: September 2012