“Disappointed ”
Review of The Sun Inn

and 1 more site!
The Sun Inn
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

I'm writing this review at 02.55am as I cannot sleep. Although the room is quite nice, it just has a sky light window which does not open and the room is very hot and stuffy. There is a green emergency light above the door which is very bright preventing me from sleeping and I've just had to knock on my neighbours door to ask them to turn the music down as it was so loud (obviously not the hotels fault). There was a 40th birthday party and the music was going on until after midnight.

We ate both tea and breakfast here both of which were delicious, Home made and plenty of choice. All of the Staff are friendly and nothing seems too much bother. I'm not sure I would stay here again which is such a shame as it's a nice place.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We stopped here on our way to Scotland, well worth the 5 minute drive off the M6!

Lady behind the bar was lovely and the Wagu burger with Appleby Blue cheese was delicious, one of us had the home made steak and ale pie which was gorgeous!

Well worth a visit

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

This is a lovely pub. I had a very tasty fish, chips and peas. The children's portions were very generous. My son had sausage, mash and peas and my daughter had a burger, chips and beans. The staff were very friendly and attentive.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Went for a drink and bar snack. Cumbria has a reputation for being dog friendly. Well not here! Dogs are not allowed. I can understand that in the restaurant area but not in the bar. It's a very ordinary bar with dated furnishings and carpet so I don't see why dogs can't come in - they are allowed in most other pubs in the area. I shan't visit again whilst this policy is in force.

The bar snack and beer were ok. Standard pub grub.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our meals here as we've been twice in the last 6 weeks
The food and service were great
Only slight downfall are the chairs are very uncomfortable and there are lots of flys you have to waft off your meals constantly!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Been to The Sun Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK