All reviewsthe pubpretty villagemashovernight stopstayed here for one nightcooked breakfaston arrivalmotorwaychristmasaccommodation
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

We stopped here on our way to Scotland, well worth the 5 minute drive off the M6!

Lady behind the bar was lovely and the Wagu burger with Appleby Blue cheese was delicious, one of us had the home made steak and ale pie which was gorgeous!

Well worth a visit

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

This is a lovely pub. I had a very tasty fish, chips and peas. The children's portions were very generous. My son had sausage, mash and peas and my daughter had a burger, chips and beans. The staff were very friendly and attentive.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Went for a drink and bar snack. Cumbria has a reputation for being dog friendly. Well not here! Dogs are not allowed. I can understand that in the restaurant area but not in the bar. It's a very ordinary bar with dated furnishings and carpet so I don't see why dogs can't come in - they are allowed in most other pubs in the area. I shan't visit again whilst this policy is in force.

The bar snack and beer were ok. Standard pub grub.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Sun Inn N, Front Office Manager at The Sun Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Hi David,

Thank you for the review. We are aware that many other establishments do allow dogs, however with so many people having allergies and while we are serving food, not everyone would be most happy with a dog being around them. We do however, have a lovely river side beer garden where we do allow dogs and provide water bowls for them too.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed our meals here as we've been twice in the last 6 weeks
The food and service were great
Only slight downfall are the chairs are very uncomfortable and there are lots of flys you have to waft off your meals constantly!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 May 2017

This was visited by myself and partner after seeing the reviews on trip adviser and I can honestly say it lived up to all expectations ,The staff were friendly and the evening meal was fantastic although I could not eat it all as the portions were huge,there is a great choice on the menu and also a specials board so always something for everyone's taste

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple