“Don't go if you want good food”
Review of The Sun Inn

and 1 more site!
The Sun Inn
Reviewed 13 December 2015

11 of us went for an evening meal and eight of us opted for the Christmas menu. The starters were bland, the main courses were served lukewarm and looked as if it had just been thrown on a plate. Christmas pudding looked a little worse than the ones you can buy from Aldi and at £5.50 a rip off. Coffee was only warm, no milk required, or else it would have been cold. Total paid was over £230. Very disappointing, none of us will return.

Room Tip: Only went for a meal, did not use accommodation
Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank Trevor J

Reviewed 11 November 2015 via mobile

Went here to celebrate my daughters Birthday.We were not disappointed.The meals were huuuge.(Don't eat before you go).Was a shame to have to leave some food.The staff were lovely,couldn't do enough for us.Will be back soon.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2015 via mobile

I could not believe how beautiful the beer garden out the back of the pub was its idyllic See photos. Such a warm and friendly greeting from The family owners, the food was excellent, very high standard, the service was brilliant. We even stayed a bit longer for a few drinks as it was great fun talking to the locals. Highly recommended.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2015

We have just got back from a lovely evening meal at the Sun Inn. They were recommended by Howard the owner of lilac studio ( review to follow) where we are staying for the week.
My husband rang ahead and spoke to Adam the chef who went through the gluten free options on the menu.
Upon arrival, as it was a quiet Monday evening, we were given a choice of tables either in the bar area or restaurant, we chose the latter. Adam came to discuss the options I could have and we ordered.
Everything was freshly cooked and piping hot. I had sirloin steak, chips and a delicious blue cheese sauce with side salad and mushrooms. My husband had the chicken breast burger with all the trimmings which he really enjoyed.
I was too full for pudding but he had the banoffe pot which he said was vile and assured me I was not missing out, whilst tucking in with a gleeful look on his face and polished the lot off with gusto.
Another customer who asked for gluten free had the sword fish followed by panna cotta ( not that I was eves dropping) so gluten free puddings were available.
We had a lovely evening, really enjoyed the food and a decent bottle of wine for a very reasonable £ 43.
I would greatly recommend The Sun Inn for a haste free gluten free meal.

Stayed: October 2015
2  Thank Limpy1988
Reviewed 19 August 2015

been a few times in the past for meals and it was very good but what has gone wrong with the place. My partner and I recently went and the first time the fish and chips were terrible. The chips were tough as if they had been cooked and reheats in the microwave. The fish was not cooked throughout and the mushy peas ( what there was of them) tasted like a dirty sponge. My pie was obviously reheated and the gravy was so salty I was up all night drinking water. We were staying locally so we thought it was a one off and tried again next day...... Bad move! The prices are restaurant prices but the food should belong in the trash can. Get rid of the chef....... PLEASE!!! Won't be coming back ever.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Catherine P

Been to The Sun Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK