All reviewsclassic resortswasher dryerbeach clubbedroom condooutdoor kitchengrocery storegolf courserice cookermauna laniminute walknice condoocean viewbbq area near the poolmurphy bedchange towelsdaily housekeepingcondo development
Reviewed 6 August 2018

This was such a nice experience. The one bedroom condo in building B was very spacious and comfortable. The kitchen was big and had all the necessary items. The bed was comfortable which ensured a good night's sleep. I love having a washer/dryer as I can pack a bit lighter. The grounds were meticulous and we could see golfers on the course. We were set back a ways, but could still see the ocean. We had an excellent secret snorkeling spot right behind the 15th tee box. And we would walk twice daily along the ocean and around the golf course. The beautiful beach is walkable. It takes about 10 minutes. Some might choose to drive. The shops are also walkable if you're so inclined. Although we drove several times and visited the market and Tommy Bahama cafe. The resort is nice and on the quieter side than Kona. This suits me just fine. We drove to Hilo, Waimea, Hawi and Waikaloa Village. The pool is very nice and private. The kitchen and BBQ area near the pool are great. I may try to get closer to the water next time. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Contrary to our experience for a week in a very dated condo on Kauai, a week at Mauna Lani Point
was exceptional.
The one bedroom ground floor unit was clean, well appointed, spacious, just great.
Check in, helpful directions from staff, access to the beach club, etc. made everything easy and pleasant.
The beach club us quite small in area and get rather crowded. There are so many other public beach options nearby,
however, so one is by no means restricted.
Nearby shopping and restaurants offer many choices. Daily cleaning kept the unit fresh and clean.
A very enjoyable experience. Happy to return.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2018

I researched a lot of places before picking this one (Thank You Tripadvisor). I didn't even realize that the other hotels I was researching (Mauna Lani and Fairmont Orchid) were all part of the same resort. I am SO glad I decided to stay on the Condo side. If you have teenagers, it's really the only way to go. We had a beautiful 2 bedroom, 2.5 bath condo with H102. The only strange thing about this unit was there are A LOT of mirrors, even in the master bath shower (that was a little weird), but that wouldn't stop me from staying again.
There was a grocery store on the resort (still have to drive there) so making use of the kitchen saved us a lot of money. It was so nice having our own washer/dryer too. Our view from the patio was amazing. We witnessed many beautiful sunsets over the ocean during our stay. When you stay in the condos you get a key to the Beach Club. It was very easy to take a short (5 minute) drive to a nice beach to snorkel or just relax. Staying at the resort also gives you access to the other hotel's beaches, but not their pools. The condo pool and spa was nice and quiet, but not particularly close to our unit (about a 5 minute walk). The resort also had 2 petroglyph sites to explore (you have to drive there and then hike in).
I planned this trip before the Volcano erupted and was a little nervous heading to the Big Island with all the footage on the news. I was even thinking of cancelling the trip. I'm SO glad I didn't! You wouldn't even know there was an active volcano on the other side of the island. Thanks Mauna Lani Point for a wonderful place to stay!

Room Tip: I enjoyed being on the first floor.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2018

We stayed in C102 (spacious 2 bedroom condo) with our two young adult daughters for a week in March. It was nice to have separate bedrooms, each with their own bathrooms; the master bedroom has a king bed, and the 2nd bedroom has two twin beds. Living/dining/kitchen area was very spacious. The kitchen was well equipped with anything you would ever need to prepare a meal. This unit has a stacked washer and dryer. The views from inside were spectacular. Sitting on the comfy outdoor patio furniture to read was delightful. The condo sits on the golf course with the ocean beyond; perfect for viewing sunsets! This condo has beautiful vintage Hawaiian decor. There is a nice swimming pool about a 5 minute walk away. The complex is nice and quiet. Foodland Farms Grocery Store is conveniently located at the first roundabout on Mauna Lani Drive. Loved staying at this place!

Stayed: March 2018
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed in the condo rental for a week. Access to a perfect beach for kids. White sand, coral reef and no big waves. Condo was meticulously maintained and cleaned daily. Shopped in town at the Safeway, COSTCO, and Walmart - kept the food bill reasonable as this is Hawaii! Not cheap but perfect for an extended family vacation. Quiet and not crowded. Volcano? Not on this part of the island... Just blue seas and clear skies..,

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family