9 people are viewing this hotel
$825
Free cancellation until 15/10/22
$796
Free cancellation until 13/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Westin.com$831
Travelocity$825
Etrip$862
4,419 results
All reviews hapuna beach sister hotel the mauna kea the big island great beach parking garage breakfast buffet construction noise chairs and umbrellas ocean view pool bar best beach on the island white sand beach boogie boarding kohala coast double sinks oceanfront room
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 July 2022 via mobile

I just adore this hotel. The beach and grounds are beautiful and well arranged to feel private and never too crowded. What really stands out with this property was the level of customer service. The staff were genuinely interested in making our stay as pleasant as possible. In these times where staffing is a huge challenge on the islands, you would not know it here. This hotel has always been our go to when we visit the big island, and we will keep coming back!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mauna Kea Resort, Other at The Westin Hapuna Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2022

Mahalo for recognizing the staff and the wonderful service they provided to ensure that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay! Thank you for sharing your kind review!

Reviewed 28 July 2022

My husband and I took our first vacation, without children, in over 20 years. We had never been to the Big Island and were quite excited about our stay. The Westin Hapuna did not disappoint! Our ocean view room was peaceful and beautiful. I loved the fact that there was a screen door, on the lanai, so we could open the door and listen to the ocean. Housekeeping was attentive and left ice, in my ice bucket, for me daily. Such a special touch! Mostly, I want to give a shout out the the fantastic ladies at Ikena Landing ESPECIALLY Julie Wong aka Yuki. My husband and I both feel like we made a lifetime friend in Yuki. Every morning, we were greeted with such kindness. Yuki knew exactly what we wanted for breakfast, each morning, and truly treated us with authentic ALOHA spirit. We watched pool servers and restaurant servers treated with such lack of respect, I'm sure it is hard to always treat this type of guest with kindness. I just want to say that your staff does an excellent job. I'm hoping that we can return next year and bring our children and grandchildren. I would love for them to meet Julie Wong!

Date of stay: June 2022
1  Thank Majestic2017

Aloha and mahalo for taking the time to review your stay! We're absolutely delighted to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for mentioning Julie and our staff overall, we will be sure to share your feedback to continue to encourage them to provide excellent service. We hope to welcome you back soon. Mahalo.

Reviewed 24 July 2022 via mobile

Let me begin by saying the beauty of the resort is remarkable. The property is pristine with gorgeous beaches and multiple pools. You will be hard pressed to find a better place to enjoy a Mai Tai than the infinity pool at this resort.

I also want to commend the management of this hotel. It is obvious they have worked to develop a culture amongst their team that strives to exceed every customer experience expectation. Gena, the Assistant Manager reached out to me ahead of my arrival to offer any assistance the resort could provide. Amber at checkin was extremely friendly and welcoming. During my stay I also was received exceptional service from the restaurant staff at the Meridia, the grilled octopus, ahi tuna, and wild boar Ragu was phenomenal. At the Naupaka Beach Grill, Jerry was an expert bartender and offered excellent advice for my time on the island. Poolside, Myrna made sure I was never left wanting for anything.

My room was always cleaned to perfection. Guest service breakfast delivered to room, and enjoyed with an ocean view on my balcony was a treat. The French press Kona coffee, omelets, and Belgian Waffles were tremendous. Also, the valet team was very fast and always greeted me by name with a welcoming smile.

My room was perfect in every way. In fact, it may have been the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. Of course, the sound of the ocean coming in from the balcony and the very comfortable Westin robe didn’t hurt.

Ultimately, if you are considering this resort, I cannot give a high enough recommendation. Without question I will stay at the Westin Hapuna Beach for every return trip to the Big Island. Well done Marriott. Well done team!!!

Warmest Mahalo from an extremely satisfied guest!

Ryan Christen

Room tip: Take advantage of the resort shuttle for offsite restaurants... but doubtful you will need to since the on-site perks are wonderful.
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Rchristen118
Mauna Kea Resort, Other at The Westin Hapuna Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2022

We strive to continue to provide exceptional service to our guests and glad to hear you had a wonderful time enjoying your stay. Thank you for your time and sharing your review!

Reviewed 23 July 2022 via mobile

This hotel was fantastic! We were upgraded to the 1 bedroom suite. It was so nice! The whole hotel was beautiful! We would absolutely stay again. The beach was nice and had a nice area for snorkeling. The adult pool was an infinity pool and absolutely gorgeous! The grounds were beautifully landscaped. Everything was clean and the staff was amazing. Everyone was so nice. I especially loved the ladies at breakfast. They were great and I loved the flowers in their hair. I enjoyed seeing what new flower they wore each day. They gave you a beautiful lei at checkin.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan F

It was truly our pleasure welcoming you to the resort and providing exceptional service throughout your stay. Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your recent visit along the Kohala Coast and we can't wait to welcome you back! Mahalo for sharing your review

Reviewed 18 July 2022 via mobile

Wonderful stay! Access to exceptional beach just steps from your room. Great snorkeling, good area for beginners but still LOTS of ocean life to see (it was our kids’ first time snorkeling (twins almost 9 yrs old) and we saw plenty of fish as well as a family of sea turtles during our stay). Cleaning staff was wonderful. Grounds were well kept and everything was clean. They had plenty of activities as well. We enjoyed feeding the koi fish, and I enjoyed the sunrise ceremony and seaside yoga. Coffee bar on site makes a great cup and the buffet breakfast is not to be missed. Also has laundry room on site which is clean, has all the supplies you need and is free to use - this was a major bonus for our family. Highly recommend!

Trip type: Travelled with family

We are glad to hear you had a great time enjoying the beautiful resort and beaches! Mahalo!