1,481 results
All reviews pineapple house ralph lauren infinity pool semi private pool montego bay private villa the cottages villa staff spa area beach barbecue every morning jamaican night fitness center kids club water sports tennis courts rum punch
Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

This is an old review, however, about 16 travel agency owners, including myself, were invited to Jamaica to view the property. We stayed in one if the huge villas on the hill. It had about 6 rooms, including a large pool and enormous outdoor kitchen. The bar, restaurants and facilities were outstanding. I have no complaints. It's a little distance from downtown MoBay but you can summons a cab. I arranged my own personal cab driver. I kept his number and called him throughout my stay. You can rent a cell phone at the airport for convenience. It's quiet a large, nice property, with a lot of history. A lot of American movie stars used to visit a lot back in the day. One more thing, if you drink, don't do Bob Market's at the bar. My group almost set the thing on fire after I showed them what they were.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Omar R, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear ChefDon61,

Thanks for your feedback on your recent stay in one of our beautiful villas. We are happy to hear that you along with the group of travel agents had wonderful stay. We hope that you will return to stay with us in the near future.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Round Hill was an amazing destination that my wife and I experienced for a portion of our honeymoon. The service was top notch - every single worker whether it was a manager, a bartender or a gardener treated us to a friendly smile and good morning (or afternoon, or evening) no matter what they were doing. The food was something special we enjoyed every breakfast, fancy dinner and upscale lunch the entire trip. Cocktails were great, spa was very high end and the overall experience couldn't have been better. We stayed in the pineapple suite with a private pool - the entire room setup was something out of a dream - perfect.

Thank you Round Hill for exceeding our expectations and making our honeymoon a trip we will always remember!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Omar R, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Dear 441christophp,
Thanks for choosing Round Hill to celebrate a portion of your honeymoon. We are pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations and created unforgettable memories. We hope that you will return to stay with us for many anniversaries to come. Wishing you all that's good!

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Property and food were excellent. Staff was amazing, including the yoga instructor. We all enjoyed tea time at 4 pm. My only comment would be that the hotel could use a couple more paddle boards. Excellent trip, plan on going back.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kathleenkirby1

Dear Kathleenkirby1,
Thanks for a wonderful comments on your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you had a great time and found the food, afternoon tea and staff outstanding. We also thank you for your suggestion for additional paddle boards. All of us look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 8 November 2017

My husband and I chose Round Hill for our anniversary getaway because of its proximity to the airport. We've stayed in Negril before and because we were only going for five days we didn't want to have to drive a long way to get anywhere. I was debating between Secrets St James and Round Hill but was attracted by the smaller size of Round Hill and wasn't disappointed. We decided to stay in the Pineapple House suites so we could have more direct access to the beach and ocean.

Things we loved:

- private beach with lovely swimming area and large bay to explore
- super nice people and very laid back
- gorgeous pool overlooking the bay
- small size resort meant never crowded
- no bugs!! They spray twice a week. Having been eaten alive in Jamaica before this was a huge plus.
- Frette linens and towels - very luxurious.
- beautiful bathroom with two sinks and antique fixtures, huge soaking tub (that we never used) and large shower with rain shower and hand-held shower.
- romantic four-poster bed
- comfortable beach seating with lots of shade from Indian Almond trees as well as available umbrellas
- well appointed and air conditioned fitness center (I'm a workout enthusiast and very picky about gyms and this met my expectations) with yoga pavilion.
- Monday night Beach Barbecue Buffet. This was our last night and our anniversary, so it was lovely to eat by torchlight on the water.
- three well stocked bars and lots of interesting drink options. Only house wines are available by the glass and the beer selection is limited to Red Stripe and Heineken.

Minor annoyances
- food was disappointing after reading the glowing reviews. My husband, an omnivore, rated it a B. I, a vegetarian who will eat fish, rated it a C. The jerk meats are apparently fantastic. Some of the fish was very good but other, like the snapper, was dry and overcooked. Vegetarian selections were bland and unappetizing.
- we found the restaurant situation to be somewhat confusing. The first three mornings we were there we were not given a menu and charged $25/each for the entire buffet. The last morning we were there we were given a menu with different options. Were those options available every day? We have no idea.
- the coffee maker didn't work well and room coffee wasn't great although Blue Mountain is served at breakfast.
- old plumbing pipes whistled.
PS - meal plan is probably not worth it. Breakfast & lunch about $25/each, dinner about $80/each .

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynn-in-Chapel-Hill
Omar R, General Manager at Round Hill Hotel & Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear Lynn-in-Chapel-Hill,
Thanks for providing us with feedback on your recent anniversary stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience. We have noted your comments for improvements and will discuss with our team. We hope that you will return to stay with us in the near future to celebrate more special occasions.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

The resort at Round Hill is a lovely escape from the challenges of daily life! The rooms are amazing, the food is delightful and the beach is quite relaxing. My favorite elements were the complimentary afternoon tea -- don't miss it! -- and the lovely walk to the adults-only spa area. The walk is right along the ocean and is quite magical, with a little cave to peer into and many other picturesque sites. This was definitely a lovely place to visit!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank HomeSweeetHome

Dear HomeSweeetHome,
Thanks for your lovely feedback on your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you found Round Hill to be a lovely escape from everyday life. We hope that you will return to stay with us in the near future when you need more R&R.